Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Phantom

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Heroes Pack

Votes: 68 20.1%
  • SVSM

Votes: 20 5.9%

• Total voters
Clean… might consider the green just don’t think I’ll rock em like I will these guys.

22BE1AF1-4EB5-4340-B9B5-E6721642370F.jpeg

We had plenty of white people at A&T while I was there. Not gonna front a lot of them played baseball and volleyball but there were others who just picked A&T as their school of choice based on the programs.

We had plenty of white people at A&T while I was there. Not gonna front a lot of them played baseball and volleyball but there were others who just picked A&T as their school of choice based on the programs.
Texas Southern had one of the best law programs.

Is it ok to rep if you’re a college dropout?

Asking for a friend.

People need to do whatever they want to do.

I don't think I have ever asked anyone hey did you get your degree at said school or are you just wearing thier colors?

I couldn't care either way.

People need to do whatever they want to do.

I don't think I have ever asked anyone hey did you get your degree at said school or are you just wearing thier colors?

I couldn't care either way.
I ain't even Gon front. When I moved from NC to Ohio for grad school I was in the mall once and saw someone with an A&T bubble vest. **** was super hard and I got hype. I asked homie did he go to T since there went too many of us in Cleveland at the time. He looked at me with the ill face like "nah I bought this at Jimmy Jazz".

Not saying you wrong but as an alum it is weird when you encounter someone repping something but having absolutely no real familiarity with it. I'm happy to see HBCUs get their shine tho. It's definitely a bit different with sneakers, and I personally wouldnt get any other FAMU gear (even though my sister is an alum, and I myself am an HBCU alum). I just know questions come with rocking certain nalia.

My sister also won't catch a flight without rocking something FAMU. She swears it always iniates conversations for her.

I don't even wear my Greek **** through the airport no more. Sometimes I just like my peace.

Last edited:
I ain't even Gon front. When I moved from NC to Ohio for grad school I was in the mall once and saw someone with an A&T bubble vest. **** was super hard and I got hype. I asked homie did he go to T since there went too many of us in Cleveland at the time. He looked at me with the ill face like "nah I bought this at Jimmy Jazz".

Not saying you wrong but as an alum it is weird when you encounter someone repping something but having absolutely no real familiarity with it. I'm happy to see HBCUs get their shine tho. It's definitely a bit different with sneakers, and I personally wouldnt any other FAMU gear (even though my sister is an alum, and I myself am an HBCU alum). I just know questions come with rocking certain nalia.

My sister also won't catch a flight without rocking something FAMU. She swears it always iniates conversations for her.

I don't even wear my Greek **** through the airport no more. Sometimes I just like my peace.

I understand the greek letters. My wife is a Delta so I get it.

But when it comes to the school....I know so many people that are fans of schools that they never attended and rock their gear like they graduated from there.

Never bothered me. I remember wearing HBCU gear during the Martin, Living Single era because it was popping. Bunch of folks in LA wearing HBCU stuff in middle and high school during that time.

I'm always of the thought of wear what you want. Just don't BS and be like yeah I went there....

It varies on the school tbh.

If I see someone wearing HBCU gear I'm fosho assuming they went there or have family that did. I've never seen someone wearing A&T gear just cause.

Got my NDC Black FAMU pair in. They shipped it in an over size box, which was damaged on arrival.

Is definitely a nice muted color way with nice details. Thin cut suede though. Really hope the Green pair gets the same wide release.

It varies on the school tbh.

If I see someone wearing HBCU gear I'm fosho assuming they went there or have family that did. I've never seen someone wearing A&T gear just cause.
Man now that you mention it outside of that one situation in Ohio I don't think I've ever seen someone just rock A&T without having a personal connection to it. Not saying it doesn't happen, its just not as popular for sure. I could see it being much more common place in NC tho.

I know this is more common with PWIs for sure. My homie's name is Harvard and he has been wearing their gear since we were kids. He ended up going to UF and now he rocks more of their stuff for sure.
I understand the greek letters. My wife is a Delta so I get it.

But when it comes to the school....I know so many people that are fans of schools that they never attended and rock their gear like they graduated from there.

Never bothered me. I remember wearing HBCU gear during the Martin, Living Single era because it was popping. Bunch of folks in LA wearing HBCU stuff in middle and high school during that time.

I'm always of the thought of wear what you want. Just don't BS and be like yeah I went there....
I agree the HBCU gear thing was so commonplace in the 90s. I guess as that trend died and has sense been revived it seems like only certain schools get the spotlight. FAMU is definitely one of the bigger / most popular HBCUs so it wouldn't shock me to just see the casual person wear their gear.

Man now that you mention it outside of that one situation in Ohio I don't think I've ever seen someone just rock A&T without having a personal connection to it. Not saying it doesn't happen, its just not as popular for sure. I could see it being much more common place in NC tho.

I know this is more common with PWIs for sure. My homie's name is Harvard and he has been wearing their gear since we were kids. He ended up going to UF and now he rocks more of their stuff for sure.

I agree the HBCU gear thing was so commonplace in the 90s. I guess as that trend died and has sense been revived it seems like only certain schools get the spotlight. FAMU is definitely one of the bigger / most popular HBCUs so it wouldn't shock me to just see the casual person wear their gear.

I grew up in NC, lived there for the first 25 years of my life. You will see people in PWI gear all day with no connection to it outside of maybe rooting for a basketball team. Think (UNC or Duke). I graduated from ECU.

If I see anyone in a NCCU, WSU, or NCAT apparel they for sure attended or have family there. Idk why that's just how it always has been.

Back
Top Bottom