Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Phantom

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Heroes Pack

Votes: 68 20.1%
  • SVSM

Votes: 20 5.9%

• Total voters
There arr certain pairs where I could care less if I miss.

This was not one of them. Being a size 15 I knew it was gonna be hard. Our shoes are always overpriced because people know they just don't make enough stock in that size.

Is what it is.

Still waiting on them to pass authentication.
And I wouldn't even blame you if you passed at size 15 prices. Congrats though

I guess the question really is, do you pass on a "must have" for a decent resale price of you miss out?

I’ma be honest I’m lowkey disgusted with myself on how much $$$ I’ve spent over the years on shoes...I’ve had hundreds and hundreds of pairs through the years and it’s a chase that you’ll never catch up to. I’m overall turned off from the idea of spending money on shoes from this point forward. The only shoe I go hard for is the BC3’s, as they are my grail. Outside of that...I can say anything within the $100 over box price range is reasonable but I’m just personally turned off by it. Just off the top of my head I’ve spent over $20k in shoes over the past 18-20 years...I’m fine missing pairs now

As a Laker fan, we don't get too many legit Laker colorways.

I sold some stuff I had on ice just for this release so paying resell (as much as I hate it) was an option.

The lack of Lakers colorways definitely showed through with these...

I’ma be honest I’m lowkey disgusted with myself on how much $$$ I’ve spent over the years on shoes...I’ve had hundreds and hundreds of pairs through the years and it’s a chase that you’ll never catch up to. I’m overall turned off from the idea of spending money on shoes from this point forward. The only shoe I go hard for is the BC3’s, as they are my grail. Outside of that...I can say anything within the $100 over box price range is reasonable but I’m just personally turned off by it. Just off the top of my head I’ve spent over $20k in shoes over the past 18-20 years...I’m fine missing pairs now
I've slowed down as well. I pass on 85% on stuff that I would've copped 5 years ago. I'm really just an air max 1 guy now, aside from any og colorway Jordan's I haven't owned 19x already in life.

Certain stuff I'm not passing on though. Svsm 8s, sb 8s, kobe 6 grinch just to name a few.

I want the kobe 6 del sol, but if the wind isn't blowing right around release date or if they can't be had at discount, I'm good.

I feel u a 100% on this post I just want to grab a few of my favorites when they drop and I'm done

Principle...I know it’s a dumb mindset to have when it comes to sneakers but...I don’t subscribe to paying a “middle man” that holds product over peoples heads. I get that its how the game goes but I’m personally fine with missing out on shoes that I’ve gone all this time without anyway *shrug*
Nah, I love it, personally. If that's your principle, if that's a value you have, eff anyone who says it's dumb or foolish or whatever.

NINETY-NINE PERCENT of the time, that's me. And that was me once I started seeing that these were going to be hard to get. 'Eff it. I'm good.'

But then...
There arr certain pairs where I could care less if I miss.

This was not one of them.
... exactly. 😂🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It was the NT pics, bruh. The spackle on the Max bubble, the look w/ them on feet... I caved from my original stance.

I left the shoe scene in 2014 after being in it since 2007. Mainly copped Jordans and very few lebrons. All hyped and gr releases. 150 pairs was were i was at, sold 90% of everything. Came back earlier this year and been copping nothing but air maxes and these lebrons and some other nikes. Have yet to buy a jordan release. Having every pair of jordans I wanted back then, this time around I was gonna stay away from them and start of fresh with air maxes only. Could only imagine how many pairs I would have now if I didn't leave for 5/6 years.

Principle...I know it’s a dumb mindset to have when it comes to sneakers but...I don’t subscribe to paying a “middle man” that holds product over peoples heads. I get that its how the game goes but I’m personally fine with missing out on shoes that I’ve gone all this time without anyway *shrug*

This man gets it!

A note about the sizing of the Lebron 7. So far I only have the Fairfax. They fit just like every other size 13 I have in regards to length (We know width can very based on materials/design). Why are some people having to go up have a size? I feel like I hear or read of so many having inconsistent sizing. I have wide feet btw.

The ol retail or bust pride.

lol.

I haven’t even thought about these since I paid my $40 over retail that I was made fun of for doing.

seems like it was certainly the right play.
Not one of the ones that made fun...Congrats, you won that round.

Still... never pay resale before release. Imo

i admit i hate paying resale but sometimes you just have to... i say that because if you wait long enough prices will be crazy...my rule is i will only spend a 100 over retail which is already a lot and thats it...i try not to spend a 100 over but if theres no other prices that are less i bite the bullet but i do pass majority of the time paying resale... i paid 250 for the south beaches 8s which was a lot for me at the time but now looking at the prices i dont regret it one bit lol

Back
Top Bottom