Nike Air Max Penny Retro Spring 2011

pimp.gif

Hell YEA!!! I been on the hunt for Orlandos & NY's for a good while now. Those PHX sound very very interesting tho. Hope the color blocking is similar to the NY's
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I wish I could say I was excited for this shoe, but the retro doesn't come close to the OG, at least for me. I had the black/red retros from a couple years ago and the 10.5 was too big, so I went down to the 10, but that was almost too small and the shoe felt stiff as all hell. Maybe they just don't work well for me but they do look sick.

is cool there releasing this model again phx one's sounds good.as for the orlando colorway is good but nike should release the magic home colorway all white & blue.

if someone could make a photoshop sample of the suns colorway? that would be hot. pun intended.

Originally Posted by jkballer5

This info is taken from the Kobe V thread and props to swingshot for posting the info!

TBH, i overlooked the Penny info... where a Retro is up to scratch.... i'll stick up for it..... and where it isnt.........

OG Penny 1 was made in Taiwan.
OG Penny 2 was made in China.

but when they first Retroed the Penny 1, it was still made in Taiwan
2006 version, they moved to China.... and it's inferior compared to the OGs and 2000 version.

Cushioning at heel and forefoot is stiff and unresponsive, even the durabuck was a little off. (which the flash in the picture at the bottom hints at)

Doubt these are going to be any better.

They may reissue them, but they'll never really reproduce them again.

if you're around an average size do yourself a favour and hold out for OGs or circa 2000 version.

Penny 1 was a very popular shoe back in the day, and they made plenty of them in 95/96 and around 2000.

They hold up pretty well...midsole doesn't crumble on the 2000 or 1995/6 version, and with a bit if patience its possible to get a
decent pair for around what the 2006/2011 ones cost.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I wish I could say I was excited for this shoe, but the retro doesn't come close to the OG, at least for me. I had the black/red retros from a couple years ago and the 10.5 was too big, so I went down to the 10, but that was almost too small and the shoe felt stiff as all hell. Maybe they just don't work well for me but they do look sick.

You're on the money. Sizing on the 2006 version is weird. The shoe feels quite a bit closer to the ground.. like the odd sizing can be explained by them doing something drastic with the midsole.

Last years Air Max2 CB fits differently from the OGs too... it got narrower.

Shrinking bubble syndrome. Which is the 2000 version and which is 2006 should be pretty obvious.

123w6q0.jpg

Ill for sure be picking up a 2011 pair. Cant have enough Penny 1s.

And I cant wait to add PHX to the mix of the other Cities.

Im with ILL on this one too. I hope they do the same blocking as they did on NYNs pair.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Does it make a difference that the spreadsheet code is 311089 001 and on the retro box it's 041? 
maybe, just MAYBE it's the other OG colorway that is blk/wht-blue...

what they need to do is get on their jobs and release these...

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Now I would go crazy if they drop this colorway. I NEED IT.

Oooooo weeeee I forgot about that black/royal cw definitely wouldn't mind those coming out.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Does it make a difference that the spreadsheet code is 311089 001 and on the retro box it's 041? 

what they need to do is get on their jobs and release these...
NIKE, scrap the Phoenix colorway and any other retro+. Give me the OG's......

Back
Top Bottom