Nike Air Max Plus Thread

The evolution was inevitable, I just hope they don't forget to push the original model, as well. There is a reason the 20 year old technology is still a classic. I got a weird feeling there going to be pushing the air max 98, though for amd this year.
They've done the original Gundam colorway injustice if so, which is not a good start in my opinion.

If the technology is outdate then people can buy the vapormax..I wish they just left the air max plus alone or made more color ways of the original..the ultra is garbage

The air max plus is more aesthetic than the vapormax imo. I would rather rock the air max plus look without sacrificing comfort.

Vapormax plus wasn’t released until a year after the ultras, so the ultras were the only option the past year.

Keep in mind there are still fans of the air max plus who would like a more updated, functional shoe for every day comfort, the gym, running etc while still sporting the look of the air max plus

Last edited:
If the technology is outdate then people can buy the vapormax..I wish they just left the air max plus alone or made more color ways of the original..the ultra is garbage

The air max plus is more aesthetic than the vapormax imo. I would rather rock the air max plus look without sacrificing comfort.

Vapormax plus wasn’t released until a year after the ultras, so the ultras were the only option the past year.

Keep in mind there are still fans of the air max plus who would like a more updated, functional shoe for every day comfort, the gym, running etc while still sporting the look of the air max plus
That’s why TN Vapormax is coming.

If your a fan of air max plus your not out here asking the lord for an updated version. That makes no sense. People that love the shoe dont want more or less. Its just another way to get money from people. Like Sony for instance they know that they can release a Playstation and then six months later they come out with the “slim” version When they know that they could’ve made it that small to begin with. They’re just trying to create multiple incomes and then when they come out with the original they know everyone’s going to buy even if they bought the ultra too

The two tone midsole is one of the best parts of the tuned for me. It's a large reason I'm not as excited about the tiger TN, than the blues. I am that partial to the two toned midsole, that for me, it's all I want. But yeah, there are enough sales on the new tech to justify them doing it. More power to them, less shoes for me.

If your a fan of air max plus your not out here asking the lord for an updated version. That makes no sense. People that love the shoe dont want more or less. Its just another way to get money from people. Like Sony for instance they know that they can release a Playstation and then six months later they come out with the “slim” version When they know that they could’ve made it that small to begin with. They’re just trying to create multiple incomes and then when they come out with the original they know everyone’s going to buy even if they bought the ultra too

Sometimes outdated styles just don’t go with modern day apparel. Although I love the look of air max plus’s and 97’s, they just don’t go with my modern day fitness apparel. They’re too bulky, especially when you’re going for that fitted/slim look. Not to mention, not as comfy as other modern day athletic shoes.

You can’t really compare it to the PlayStation because they didn’t have the technology to craft the ultra version back in 1998.

Like I said, I love the look of air max plus’s, it’s just that as style evolves, the shoe must evolve with it.

And you can’t really say the air max plus is a fail because there are actually people out there buying them. :lol: Just because you don’t like them, doesn’t mean there aren’t people who do.

Last edited:
Sometimes outdated styles just don’t go with modern day apparel. Although I love the look of air max plus’s and 97’s, they just don’t go with my modern day fitness apparel. They’re too bulky, especially when you’re going for that fitted/slim look. Not to mention, not as comfy as other modern day athletic shoes.

You can’t really compare it to the PlayStation because they didn’t have the technology to craft the ultra version back in 1998.

Like I said, I love the look of air max plus’s, it’s just that as style evolves, the shoe must evolve with it.

And you can’t really say the air max plus is a fail because there are actually people out there buying them. :lol: Just because you don’t like them, doesn’t mean there aren’t people who do.
First time I've ever heard anyone say Air max Plus and 97's are too bulky. Jordan' are too bulky, not air max (in my opinion).

Amp and 97s get used in a lot of dope fits

I don’t know what fitness apparel you’re referring to but joggers go with both those pairs, I wear my 97s down the gym sometimes because the firm nature of the technology is great for weight training and stability compared to something like boost etc

I always wear mine with jeans and all my jeans are tapered at the ankle and it works fine

I don’t know what fitness apparel you’re referring to but joggers go with both those pairs, I wear my 97s down the gym sometimes because the firm nature of the technology is great for weight training and stability compared to something like boost etc

I always wear mine with jeans and all my jeans are tapered at the ankle and it works fine
Yep, pretty much. I don' have any clue how AMP and 97s got classified as bulky lol.

Plus and 97 bulky?

1110DBA1-7D90-4D0C-B0EE-2DEB249C13F8.gif

Maybe the rear bubbles? The Indonesia toe caps are a little big, they could cut some of that out. But that is it.

Yep, pretty much. I don' have any clue how AMP and 97s got classified as bulky lol.

Plus and 97 bulky?

1110DBA1-7D90-4D0C-B0EE-2DEB249C13F8.gif

Put them next to a pair of vans, air max 1’s, flyknits or vapormax’s, you’ll see that the plus and 97’s will make your foot look 3-4 inches bigger.

Smaller feet with a nice set of calves and thighs looks more aesthetic imo. Shoes with slimmer collars make the calves look bigger. You don’t want the kicks dwarfing your legs.

Last edited:
Hope these go on deep discount the way everyone is trashing them
same. i actually never owned any air max plus's before, but i always liked the look of them plus ive been seeing them pop up a lot more often. i own a pair of vapormax's and they're super comfortable to walk around in all day, so put the two together and im definitely interested in a pair of the hybrids. gonna cop a pair thursday but hold on to 'em for a while, see if they get discounted. if they do, ill return thursday's pair and grab the discounted one.

buddy what are you talking about? didn't have the technology to make the ultra in 1998? they literally took away the midsole and reduced the weight of the shoe...theres no new tech..no laser beams or anything...97s/amps aren't bulky at all..

Back
Top Bottom