Nike Air Max Plus Thread

What I've got from this tiger sunset stuff is that
They were always nicknamed the tigers

The 2014 txt pair were called the sunsets

And the designer of the air max plus recently said he made the OG tigers based off of the sunset, something never said before so now the tigers are called the sunsets
Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 10.27.28 PM.png

What I've got from this tiger sunset stuff is that
They were always nicknamed the tigers

The 2014 txt pair were called the sunsets

And the designer of the air max plus recently said he made the OG tigers based off of the sunset, something never said before so now the tigers are called the sunsets
^^^^ agreed

The nickname for the hyper blue is "le requin" or "the shark", at least as I've seen it for a while. Hence all the requin references over the last few years.

Between the Blue, Orange and Purple pairs releasing in the pack; I feel like Nike may have been going for a morning, noon and night theme this year.

56EBA2A9-302E-4083-B426-14ABC0C58539.jpeg
EDEEAE24-6C39-48DC-A62D-221404180DC8.png
Yea, but they're also referred to as sunsets. timetowearthese timetowearthese is someone I'd like to see answer this.

My interpretation is that the original colorway should always be refered to buy it’s color details on the box.

The nickname tiger was not around in 98/99 era, when my friends had them we never called them that at least. I believe the nickname tiger was born in the second wave of releases in 2002/2004 in the US and Australia maybe even France too, but again it was to the best of my knowledge not a name given to them by Nike. Important to note the color change after the 98/99 release and it never went back to the original vibrant orange it was first introduced as. It moved to a fuller shade and over the years most recently in 2013, It looked more like a tiger orange than a sunset orange. I remain hopeful that this weeks relase is closer to the original.

What we have seen in recent years is the name Tiger stick so much so that retailers even list in on their websites as tiger, I have seen footlocker Europe even confused, in the last few weeks it has come up and off the release calendar as a tiger and a sunset.

Logic says that the orange is based on a sunset as is the hyper blue, as we have all seen the inspiration picture. As to whether it is a sunrise or sunset, billy made a nice comment a few weeks back about the shoes maybe representing different times of the day, different colours of the sky representing the different time periods, that’s another way of looking at it. We would have to ask the designer to be sure about the inspiration for the orange pair.

For me the original looks like this, a sunset. See the color reflecting on the water, that’s what the originals look like.

56EBA2A9-302E-4083-B426-14ABC0C58539.jpeg
EDEEAE24-6C39-48DC-A62D-221404180DC8.png

My interpretation is that the original colorway should always be refered to buy it’s color details on the box.

The nickname tiger was not around in 98/99 era, when my friends had them we never called them that at least. I believe the nickname tiger was born in the second wave of releases in 2002/2004 in the US and Australia maybe even France too, but again it was to the best of my knowledge not a name given to them by Nike. Important to note the color change after the 98/99 release and it never went back to the original vibrant orange it was first introduced as. It moved to a fuller shade and over the years most recently in 2013, It looked more like a tiger orange than a sunset orange. I remain hopeful that this weeks relase is closer to the original.

What we have seen in recent years is the name Tiger stick so much so that retailers even list in on their websites as tiger, I have seen footlocker Europe even confused, in the last few weeks it has come up and off the release calendar as a tiger and a sunset.

Logic says that the orange is based on a sunset as is the hyper blue, as we have all seen the inspiration picture. As to whether it is a sunrise or sunset, billy made a nice comment a few weeks back about the shoes maybe representing different times of the day, different colours of the sky representing the different time periods, that’s another way of looking at it. We would have to ask the designer to be sure about the inspiration for the orange pair.

For me the original looks like this, a sunset. See the color reflecting on the water, that’s what the originals look like.

It'd be nice (and easier) if we went off what the designer intended. The hyper blues are based off the sunset. So that's set in stone, no arguments there. As for the "Tiger's" guess we gotta let the culture have that one. Just like when the term "bred" popped up on NT in reference to Black/Red Jordan's (which i still hate lol).

It'd be nice (and easier) if we went off what the designer intended. The hyper blues are based off the sunset. So that's set in stone, no arguments there. As for the "Tiger's" guess we gotta let the culture have that one. Just like when the term "bred" popped up on NT in reference to Black/Red Jordan's (which i still hate lol).
I agree, Nike seem to adapt to what the culture tends to nickname shoes. The French use the name Shark, Nike then releases a shoe paying homage to this years later. Perhaps this is why we saw a more tiger orange on the shoe in 2013 too. It’s marketing strategy probobly

Everyone knows the code and the colorway. We don’t need nicknames like tiger sunrise or sunset, there are shoes not our girlfriends
honestly, tiger, orange, sunset, sunrise... is it really important? (we know what we're talking about... TN OG orange)
None of the names are relevant, the only relevant thing to remember are the color names and the product code. My girlfriend use to call me bubz but that’s not my name. This is all silly.

Attachments

• 7055AD6D-8DB6-442A-A8A0-ACF7A88F153F.png
    7055AD6D-8DB6-442A-A8A0-ACF7A88F153F.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom