Nike Air Max Tempo - SPRING 2012 Retro [CounterKicks.com]

EDIT:

So I kept looking at the scan pics of the teals and was wondering where they cut corners. (besides the air bubbles being smaller. That's a given at this point.) and at first I thought "wow, just like the Griffey 1's, they kept the quality and the details pretty on point with the OG..." and then when I was looking for pics of other OG colorways I came across the OG teal pic and saw that they didn't use the checkerboard type sockliner pattern I used to love so much.  Just look:

nike-air-max-tempo-white-black-mystic-teal-white-uptempo-95-spring-2012-counterkicks.com_.jpg

nike-air-max-uptempo.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
The Teals and the Obsidians are a definite cop.  Maybe 2 pairs of each once they go on sale, but I'd have a to see those grey ones in person.  I doubt they'd do anything for me.  I'm sure we'll be getting all blacks, but I hope they have a white swoosh like the OG's.  Also hope that by next summer they drop the Pippen colorway:
5110403375_80fdfff1ab.jpg

and these in the background, the black/white/concord joints:

screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-8-39-48-pm.png

EDIT:

So I kept looking at the scan pics of the teals and was wondering where they cut corners. (besides the air bubbles being smaller. That's a given at this point.) and at first I thought "wow, just like the Griffey 1's, they kept the quality and the details pretty on point with the OG..." and then when I was looking for pics of other OG colorways I came across the OG teal pic and saw that they didn't use the checkerboard type sockliner pattern I used to love so much.  Just look:

nike-air-max-tempo-white-black-mystic-teal-white-uptempo-95-spring-2012-counterkicks.com_.jpg

nike-air-max-uptempo.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
The Teals and the Obsidians are a definite cop.  Maybe 2 pairs of each once they go on sale, but I'd have a to see those grey ones in person.  I doubt they'd do anything for me.  I'm sure we'll be getting all blacks, but I hope they have a white swoosh like the OG's.  Also hope that by next summer they drop the Pippen colorway:
5110403375_80fdfff1ab.jpg

and these in the background, the black/white/concord joints:

screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-8-39-48-pm.png

Great point and that is very disappointing considering the 2000 retro was almost a carbon copy of the original.

I hope Nike sees your comment and changes it on the final release, things like that have happened before.

To me, I have waited 12 years for this to happen and I have to accept Nike will change minor details.  Along with everyone else I was disappointed with the fake carbon fiber on the side of the Griffey II, but as soon as I look down and see them on my feet I go straight back to HS and that's what it's about for me haha.  These Uptempos are my grails, they (along with the AJXI) got me seriously into the Nike game when I was 13.

Great point and that is very disappointing considering the 2000 retro was almost a carbon copy of the original.

I hope Nike sees your comment and changes it on the final release, things like that have happened before.

To me, I have waited 12 years for this to happen and I have to accept Nike will change minor details.  Along with everyone else I was disappointed with the fake carbon fiber on the side of the Griffey II, but as soon as I look down and see them on my feet I go straight back to HS and that's what it's about for me haha.  These Uptempos are my grails, they (along with the AJXI) got me seriously into the Nike game when I was 13.

Been waiting for these FOREVER. Seriously, if it wasnt for the 90's sneakers most of us wouldnt even be here. Teals will be copped (hopefully for less than retail). $25 increase but they cant increase the air bubble 
grin.gif

Been waiting for these FOREVER. Seriously, if it wasnt for the 90's sneakers most of us wouldnt even be here. Teals will be copped (hopefully for less than retail). $25 increase but they cant increase the air bubble 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by Steez

I hate to sound like everybody else around here and be too picky- but these just dont look right to me
sick.gif
, these were one of my fav's - was that silver always above the air bubbles on the midsole
nerd.gif
? (could've been, either way-
eyes.gif
)

EDIT, NM- panaricanretro covered it

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by Steez

I hate to sound like everybody else around here and be too picky- but these just dont look right to me
sick.gif
, these were one of my fav's - was that silver always above the air bubbles on the midsole
nerd.gif
? (could've been, either way-
eyes.gif
)

EDIT, NM- panaricanretro covered it

^
Yes.

I cant wait for these.
These and the diamond turf 2 are making 2012 look very promising.

^
Yes.

I cant wait for these.
These and the diamond turf 2 are making 2012 look very promising.

Wasn't there a sacremento kings colorway ? I picked up the bacl red HOH ones for $41 from an outlet and they were pretty awesome quality

Wasn't there a sacremento kings colorway ? I picked up the bacl red HOH ones for $41 from an outlet and they were pretty awesome quality

News of this release comes bittersweet - I'm getting out of hardcore collecting & with saving for a house $185 USD is a stretch, especially being a CDN shoehead.

Anyway, glad I still have the OGs I can still rock... just missing the laces... Anyone know the replacement shoelace length that will go well with these?

Never say never, if I see a pair on NT buy/sell or eBay cheap I might still get a pair.

Only thing I hope is that with the smaller air bubble setup they don't skimp on the paint around the air sole units & midsole. So that it ends up cracking or *&^@! like that...

News of this release comes bittersweet - I'm getting out of hardcore collecting & with saving for a house $185 USD is a stretch, especially being a CDN shoehead.

Anyway, glad I still have the OGs I can still rock... just missing the laces... Anyone know the replacement shoelace length that will go well with these?

Never say never, if I see a pair on NT buy/sell or eBay cheap I might still get a pair.

Only thing I hope is that with the smaller air bubble setup they don't skimp on the paint around the air sole units & midsole. So that it ends up cracking or *&^@! like that...

these bring back some memories...hopefully I can get them for on sale otherwise not spending $160 for these

these bring back some memories...hopefully I can get them for on sale otherwise not spending $160 for these

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Seriously, if it wasnt for the 90's sneakers most of us wouldnt even be here. Teals will be copped (hopefully for less than retail). $25 increase but they cant increase the air bubble 
grin.gif

I can't speak for others but yes I agree, air max penny 1, these, jordan 11, jason kidd on and on and on

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Seriously, if it wasnt for the 90's sneakers most of us wouldnt even be here. Teals will be copped (hopefully for less than retail). $25 increase but they cant increase the air bubble 
grin.gif

I can't speak for others but yes I agree, air max penny 1, these, jordan 11, jason kidd on and on and on

YESSSSSSSSSSS I have been waiting for this retro for a minute. These are my grails. I can finally retire my 01 (or was it 03) retros.

But that price SMH

Back
Top Bottom