Nike Air Max Uptempo 97 - 2018 Return

Looks like these are officially coming back out. Is anyone else excited for these besides me? lol.

uptempo97.jpg

Now I think about it...are these even the exact OG color way? Looks like a couple of differences on the 2018 pair.....from what I remember from long ago lol.

Now I think about it...are these even the exact OG color way? Looks like a couple of differences on the 2018 pair.....from what I remember from long ago lol.

They are not. Subtle differences. OGs had an all white Swoosh. Pods on the midsole are a different shade of blue. On the five ventilation piece the OG had a white leather overlay. Those are what I can remember. Might be more.

I would buy a pair that was exactly like the OG purely for the nostalgia reasons. I do remember the last retro (2010?) and the OGs were heavy as bricks. Felt just like the Pippen 1.

They are not. Subtle differences. OGs had an all white Swoosh. Pods on the midsole are a different shade of blue. On the five ventilation piece the OG had a white leather overlay. Those are what I can remember. Might be more.

I would buy a pair that was exactly like the OG purely for the nostalgia reasons. I do remember the last retro (2010?) and the OGs were heavy as bricks. Felt just like the Pippen 1.

You are correct, those were the details that I noticed were different from the OG too. I'm on the fence about these now. Is nike pushing these as an OG color way? Just with subtle difference like they do with some of the OG colored Jordan retros that sometimes have little differences, or is this listed as an enitrely new uptempo 97 color way?

Ended up copping a pair just now with the Eastbay code for $132 shipped. Pretty much an OG color way with the exception of a few minor differences that happens with most classics that get re-retroed, its never truly exactly the same but close enough lol. Looks like they're on most foot sites like footlocker and champs right now before the actual august 4th release date. I'll take under retail for now, if it goes any lower...ill just return and re buy.

My very first shoe I bought with my own money. Just turned 13, was in PR, had Christmas and Bday money and copped these. Dont know why I didnt get them the last time around but I will this time. Gonna wait tho cause I know they will go on sale.

I wish nike would fix the puny air bubble. Part of what made the 90s nikes what they were was the obnoxiously fat air bubble. These and the pippen 1s aren't the same without it.

Last edited:
Just cop'd from Eastbay w/ 20% off and free shipping. Couldn't wait for a sale. Lol

Even if my 2010 are still a great shape, I might have to cop these for nostalgic reasons. This shoe is up there for me ever since I picked them over Blk/Red Jordan XII back in '97.

That being said, the colorway I really need is the Black/Black/Silver that I couldn't get my hands on in 2010.

Just cop'd from Eastbay w/ 20% off and free shipping. Couldn't wait for a sale. Lol
i have been resisting so hard, but also scared my size will eventually sell out.
I wish it were for sale on ndc so would cop and then return back to nike when it goes on further discount down the road.

Edit: i caved, saw some sizes were OOS and panicked

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom