Nike Air Mowabb QS

likely. still think more sizes will appear
Yeah I agree, it's weird. I was after that elusive 12.5 in Huaraches (which tends to sell out first) and just having the link bookmarked scored me 2 in 1 day on a random refresh. Visiting these sites often is all it takes.

The material for one is far superior to any Huarache, Fab 5 or not. In addition, it was a shoe that was engineered to last with rough terrain and cross training in mind. It features a pretty vast combination of material, embroidered neoprene boot logo, insole and bottom that match, and the back cage is unique to the Mowabb. Huaraches and other retros do not utilize specific molds to create like some of the weirder OG shoes.

Then you have the marketing aspect with inflation and the recent cost of other retroed shoes. Even the Airmax 95 has a tag of $170.
That's a stretch

Yeah I agree, it's weird. I was after that elusive 12.5 in Huaraches (which tends to sell out first) and just having the link bookmarked scored me 2 in 1 day on a random refresh. Visiting these sites often is all it takes.

twitter. i dont use it aside for shoe releases. ive been checking all week and suddenly its up.. thats how it is

Nike loves to keep a small run of sizes though on the first release of something. Creates a sense of urgency and then like a week later there's a restock.

I'll gladly wait on these as bad as I've been wanting them. $180 is just insulting.

The material for one is far superior to any Huarache, Fab 5 or not. In addition, it was a shoe that was engineered to last with rough terrain and cross training in mind. It features a pretty vast combination of material, embroidered neoprene boot logo, insole and bottom that match, and the back cage is unique to the Mowabb. Huaraches and other retros do not utilize specific molds to create like some of the weirder OG shoes.

Then you have the marketing aspect with inflation and the recent cost of other retroed shoes. Even the Airmax 95 has a tag of $170.

Yeah I didn't buy those Airmaxes either. Despite grabbing past releases. It has to come a point where I draw the line. And paying 170 for a running sneaker from 1995 is that point. No matter how much I love them. Nike outta control.I keep telling myself im going to stop buying Nike completely just on principle.but who I'm fooling.

Last edited:
Nike loves to keep a small run of sizes though on the first release of something. Creates a sense of urgency and then like a week later there's a restock.

I'll gladly wait on these as bad as I've been wanting them. $180 is just insulting.
Just look at the Air Flight Huarache. That sold out pretty quickly when it first came out (and it was a premium as well) then they rereleased some time later and most sizes remain in stock. I want these shoes terribly but $180 is kind of ridiculous. 

You do realize that most of these sneakers even with all their tech cost under $40 to manufacture. I have an article from the early 2000s. Written by USA today that had air Jordan's cost at $25 shipped into the states.

Neoprene and other plastics cost under $2/lb. low volume multi cavity molds are five figures. That's assuming they bought new molds.

I'm located I Eugene OR and speak with a number of former Nike employees that worked on the cost side of the business.....I'm stunned that anyone would try and justify the rise in cost. These is all about supply outpacing demand by 2-1, 3-1

Last edited:
Just look at the Air Flight Huarache. That sold out pretty quickly when it first came out (and it was a premium as well) then they rereleased some time later and most sizes remain in stock. I want these shoes terribly but $180 is kind of ridiculous. 

This is one of my favorite all time sneakers. I buy Jordan's regularly, but sorry this is a $100-110 purchase. At $180 they can keep them

You do realize that most of these sneakers even with all their tech cost under $40 to manufacture. I have an article from the early 2000s. Written by USA today that had air Jordan's cost at $25 shipped into the states.

Neoprene and other plastics cost under $2/lb. low volume multi cavity molds are five figures. That's assuming they bought new molds.

I'm located I Eugene OR and speak with a number of former Nike employees that worked on the cost side of the business.....I'm stunned that anyone would try and justify the rise in cost. These is all about supply outpacing demand by 2-1, 3-1

I'm very much aware of the cost of production with goods such as Nike sneakers. I was more so just trying to justify why they cost more than say other mass product Nike sneakers. Personally I don't really mind the cost, as I see things I agree less with sell for far greater.

Nike will restock folks. Bank on it. They've mastered the artificial sellout to drum up hype.

I say wait it out. Boutiques will get them and if these are anything like most Nike retro drops, they'll end up at the big retailers, too. Patience pays 99% of the time in this sneaker thing.

$180 retail? Sorry, I just can't do it on principle alone. Even though these are one of my favorite shows of all time, I won't do it.

Nike just keeps walking all over us with these crazy inflated prices, but to jump to $180 on these? Unbelievable!

I'll wait for them to hit sales..if they don't, I imagine resale will be retail+shipping or probably even less than retail.

And to think most of us are hoping we get multiple OG cw's released this year, and each at $180? Noooo

Walter..

Last edited:
Official update: Nike has delayed my order of 3 pairs. 
devil.gif

Sizing will have to wait. 

Honestly, I see this high mark up as a way to go against the resale market. Only thing that makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Too much truth.
I paid 120 shipped from Japan in 07. This price hike is reddic. I can only see this as a good thang cuz heads will def pass now n no flip to be made.
Hopefully I can cop down the rd for the low.

not paying 180...these wont sellout. hell they might even pop up at the exchange.

only size 7s and 8s left!

I'm really surprised they sold that fast.

I'm pretty confident they will post more pairs though.

Anyone know if they dropped at any brick and mortar shops?

did/does 21mercer have them?

only size 7s and 8s left!
I'm really surprised they sold that fast.
I'm pretty confident they will post more pairs though.
Anyone know if they dropped at any brick and mortar shops?
did/does 21mercer have them?

Mercer didn't get them. Oneness was first for brick and mortar as far as I know, more should follow.

Honestly, I see this high mark up as a way to go against the resale market. Only thing that makes sense to me.
I seen this locally wit the Air Command..they all went on sale & stores only had a lot of the Volt CW..the rest all went on clearance but most stores barely ordered any,they still sat & got marked down,I looked at it like,if it kept them in the store past 9 a.m. or I can buy what I want when I feel like it,I'll deal wit the price jump..on most of these sneakers,from reading posts on this site,$200 seems to be "no cop" for most,so if the resellers can't get u to bite at the retail price,how could they charge u more?

Back
Top Bottom