Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

obligatory pic
peggybundy.jpg

Dicks Sporting Goods is also showing a Men's Turbo release on Sep 06, no CW listed though but I assume it's gonna be the Sail/Blue Hero

Do you all think it is necessary that Nike release 2 version of each model? Ex: Pegasus 35 and Pegasus Turbo, Zoom Fly and Vapor Fly? It's like buying a Honda Civic, but there is LX, EX, Si, etc.

Let's be honest, we got played on the Turbo's. By the time we found out that less than half the midsole was ZoomX it was too late, we were already sucked in. This shoe is barely better than the regular Peg 35, and no better than the Zoom Fly (cushion or performance-wise in my opinion). I'm embarrassed I got caught up in the hype machine. Vapor Fly's are worth $250 because they are that much better than the next best thing. Turbos are a scam at $180. JMO...

Let's be honest, we got played on the Turbo's. By the time we found out that less than half the midsole was ZoomX it was too late, we were already sucked in. This shoe is barely better than the regular Peg 35, and no better than the Zoom Fly (cushion or performance-wise in my opinion). I'm embarrassed I got caught up in the hype machine. Vapor Fly's are worth $250 because they are that much better than the next best thing. Turbos are a scam at $180. JMO...
Who cares what the foam is if you like running in or wearing them? Also, anyone who bought them on 19th can just return them.

I like wearing them and am fitting them into my rotation. Peg35's are good and serve different needs for me than the Turbos do. But the marketing does bother me a bit. ZoomX, ZoomX, ZoomX... wait it's not all ZoomX??? That's somewhat annoying. It does sound like the change to react + zoomx might have been a change they made fairly late in the game

Who cares what the foam is if you like running in or wearing them? Also, anyone who bought them on 19th can just return them.
My point is anyone who ran in the Vapor Fly's knew what to expect with ZoomX. Stuff is on another level. Even if you didn't experience VP's you sure heard about them. We didn't get much ZoomX with the Turbos. This whole thing was a bit unsavory by Nike.

Do you all think it is necessary that Nike release 2 version of each model? Ex: Pegasus 35 and Pegasus Turbo, Zoom Fly and Vapor Fly? It's like buying a Honda Civic, but there is LX, EX, Si, etc.

Zoom fly and zoom fly sp are like different trim levels. The zoom fly to vapor fly is nearly an entirely different silhouette because of the performance. I’d go with the base 3 series (Zoom fly) to an M3 (vaporfly) analogy. A few cosmetic aero bits and bobs, maybe some carbon fiber and new rims on the base 3 series and you’ve got the zoom fly sp.

I wouldn’t say the Turbos are a scam, but the mark up and marketing is definitely strategic by Nike. At the end of the day, the regular Pegs have Zoom air/cushlon and the Turbos have ZoomX/React so whether that’s barely better is up to the runner.

I’ve ran in the Epic Reacts, Zoom Fly SPs, and Turbos and can tell differences in all three; I really love the ZFs and Turbos. However if someone has a pair of Peg 35s and Zoom Flys already, I’d say hold off on these Turbos until they’re marked down. All that being said, I don’t regret my Turbo purchase and will be wearing them on all runs that aren’t speed or race types.

My point is anyone who ran in the Vapor Fly's knew what to expect with ZoomX. Stuff is on another level. Even if you didn't experience VP's you sure heard about them. We didn't get much ZoomX with the Turbos. This whole thing was a bit unsavory by Nike.
Something about "a bit unsavory" is hilarious.

The hype machine was definitely real. But I wonder if part of the mixed reviews of the shoe is due to the expectations.

I think this shoe is great for a lot of people who are more than casual runners, but aren't speed beasts like getz_racer :smile:. I'm too slow to run any distance longer than a 10K in a ZF or VF. For longer races, I don't want to risk injury and beat up my feet and legs by wearing a racing flat when I'm just competing against myself anyway.

I have a half coming up in just over a week and I'm currently planning to wear my Turbos, despite the reviews and experts saying it isn't a race day shoe.

Had a sore hammy but ran the Bowerman 5k in the turbos the other week.

0E699AAA-CFDA-4B4C-8EC0-09F84AD2ABD3.jpeg

74BC99EC-679D-448F-9C9F-9562DD924B54.jpeg

Man, one thing Thats tough about these races is our age group, there’s just so many runners in that category. Makes it tough but it’s always fun to see how you compare against them

God willing, if I’m still doing this in my 50’s, so looking forward to it. The age group is light! Lol

it honestly looks 50/50 and even in that illustration, it looks like you get more ZoomX than React, looks like React is utilized as a carrier and prevents it from expanding out to the sides too much and being unstable like boost
DjA-71xUUAYzlL6.jpg:large

i do think they accomplished a great deal in making the shoe/new sole very light and many kind of forgotten that factor in these shoes

when i got the package from nike, i could have sworn the box was going to be empty because it was very light

look at boost and brooks leviate, those things boast great energy return but are bricks on foot

I mean, what was everyone expecting from the peg turbo? Vaporfly w/o carbon plate and a thick layer of rubber on the bottom for training runs? I'm not a super experienced runner or anything, but I dont think that would have been the best shoe for training. I think nike set out to make a training shoe with zoomx and this was the best version they could come up with as of now, sans carbon plate but still trying to get stability+durability.

I do agree that the price tag is a bit high for a training shoe and hope that we would see it drop a bit, but these will probably hit outlets eventually.

I mean, what was everyone expecting from the peg turbo? Vaporfly w/o carbon plate and a thick layer of rubber on the bottom for training runs?

I think we were all wanting to see how the ZoomX felt in a different shoe. We do know now how it feels when surrounded by react, but that's not quite what we thought we were gonna get. Sounds like Nike determined that ZoomX alone was too unstable so the react is how they solved the problem. I'm still left to wonder what these would've felt like had they gone with a plate rather than react. Maybe they would've felt a bit more like the VF, but also, maybe that's not what Nike was wanting with these?

The lack of the plate and lack of stiffness is the main reason I'm sticking with ZF and VF for when I'm running really hard.

Edit: Also, last summer and fall I exclusively trained in ZF - which does have the stiff, firm feel from the carbon infused plate. I used it for everything... easy/recovery/tempo/speed... everything but racing. I had no problems with that.

Back
Top Bottom