Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

price-wise, it slots in between Epic React/ZoomFly and Vaporfly which is kind o the combination of all really

and to be fair, it was initially going to have full length zoom inside the zoomx midsole, i am not sure if that had a react carrier in it's inception but i wouldn't be surprised if they had to put that in there due to a suggestion but kipchoge as well

hopefully we still see a running shoe with full length zoom inside zoomx, call it zoomzoomx or zoomXzoom

they kind of accomplished this with the newest KD, full length zoom inside react

and to be fair, it was initially going to have full length zoom inside the zoomx midsole, i am not sure if that had a react carrier in it's inception but i wouldn't be surprised if they had to put that in there due to a suggestion but kipchoge as well

And to that point about these being specifically for Kipchoge... I have yet to see any real pics of Kipchoge training in these. We've seen one pic where Kamworor had them on, but that's it. Kipchoge seems to always be wearing VF or some form of them in pics. Yes, he's in pics with them for the promos, but those were staged pics in Tokyo.

i don't follow kipchoge much but his training pics are far and few in between and most from his IG that isn't that active

chances are they told him not to post pics of the shoes when testing but I don't really see pics of him training much

like we didn't expect the flyprint either until it was introduced but he was supposedly wearing those in training too

we really only get a very small glimpse at the shoes he's been wearing/training like this for example:
37577117_1751038598344230_4726042692369252352_n.jpg

those looks sort of like the new moon racers too

Last edited:
i don't follow kipchoge much but his training pics are far and few in between and most from his IG that isn't that active

chances are they told him not to post pics of the shoes when testing but I don't really see pics of him training much

like we didn't expect the flyprint either until it was introduced but he was supposedly wearing those in training too

we really only get a very small glimpse at the shoes he's been wearing/training like this for example:

That's a true statement. He does seem to disappear between races, so we may just not be seeing what he's wearing day-to-day

any of you size up in the peg turbo?

i like the hot punch but the black pair will be less noticeable if dirty

I went same size as my Peg 35s, but I can see why some people would go half size up.

The upper material doesn't have as much give as the 35s.

to me, casual wear really depends on how you like how they look on-feet

comfort for casual wear probably isn't going to differ much between the two but there is a big price gap between the two and the Peg35 is just going to drop in price sooner than later

so the question is if the extra price worth it for the look/style of the turbos?

i personally would suggest zoomfly or zoomflysp since it's super cheap these days (and i do think they look better) but that would feel completely different because of the plate in the midsole

However if someone has a pair of Peg 35s and Zoom Flys already, I’d say hold off on these Turbos until they’re marked down. All that being said, I don’t regret my Turbo purchase and will be wearing them on all runs that aren’t speed or race types.

That's exactly my situation and that's what I plan to do. I don't run nearly enough to justify getting another pair of running shoes, and I'm spoiled by what I paid for my ZF and 35's, both outlet purchases. Add to that, I saw some steals at a Nike outlet recently. They had Zoom Flys at $45 and Zoom Elites for $50 or so. So many deals on different models, I can't imagine paying that much for Turbos.

The hype machine was definitely real. But I wonder if part of the mixed reviews of the shoe is due to the expectations.

I mean, what was everyone expecting from the peg turbo? Vaporfly w/o carbon plate and a thick layer of rubber on the bottom for training runs?

To answer this on behalf of many people... Yes. That WAS what we expected. We were expecting a full ZoomX sole on the Pegasus Turbo to replicate that "magic" that they were talking about. I mean, I'm not bothered by having React on the bottom since if anything, it's on the very bottom half of the sole, and not the top half. Regardless... I'm starting to wonder if the combo of ZoomX and React is actually too soft for me. This is where this post is going to turn into an updated review.

I got about 18 miles in doing 3 track interval sessions and doing 3 road runs. I'm sticking by my impressions where they're just okay-good on the track, pretty good casually [for cushion], great/solid for the road runs, excellent for aesthetics, and amazing for marketing... The road runs is the highlight of the shoe, but I'm not sure if it's honestly too soft for me. I feel that the Pegasus 35s is definitely a bit more responsive and because of the firm Cushlon, I find that more beneficial than the combo of ZoomX and React. On the flip side, ZoomX and React helps keep the shoe really light, and that alone gravitates me back to liking them. They're definitely not going to go back on the track, but for the road runs... I don't know. I want to keep, but at the same time, I don't know if the really soft cushioning is affecting my knees, because I'm feeling something now. The carbon fiber plate of the VF 4% saved me, if anything.

35s better for casual use?

To bounce off of rfx45 rfx45 - I'd say yes. Unless you like the aesthetics as much as I do, then the Pegasus 35s is the better option. You'll feel that Zoom Air all the time. With ZoomX, you won't feel anything but soft cushioning unless you're walking at a running pace.

I sized up on my black pair for casual use. TTS for running in them works for me.

Man, one thing Thats tough about these races is our age group, there’s just so many runners in that category. Makes it tough but it’s always fun to see how you compare against them

God willing, if I’m still doing this in my 50’s, so looking forward to it. The age group is light! Lol

For sure, it’s the first time I’ve ever ran in any kind of organized event. I’ve always ran on my own for years. Out of 800 I’m still proud to fall in the completely average category ha ha.

I personally don't like my 35's for casual because of the snugness of the upper. Everything else is fine, but the upper gets a bit too restrictive for me. I am pretty picky about comfort though, and I like looser shoes or knit-based shoes that give my feet some breathing room, like a Pure Boost or FK Racer.

That's a Zoom Streak LT 2 upper mated to a test outsole. This is very similar to what Nike did with the initial test versions of the Vaporfly 4% that Galen Rupp, Shalane Flanagan, and Amy Cragg wore in the Olympic Trials for the marathon in L.A. (for Rio). They were made to look like the (at the time) soon to be released Streak 6, but were actually the LT 2 and VF4% midsole. This shoe was given to those three much to the chagrin of other Nike-sponsored athletes in that race. Then the same thing happened in Rio, with Kipchocge and Rupp wearing the hybrids and the other Nike-sponsored athletes wearing the Streak 6.

Where'd you hear this from? Im 'bout to return lol...
Forget what you read people say about the shoe and just run in the damn thing. If you like it, what people think is irrelevant.

I think the people talking poorly about this shoe haven't even run in it. Edit: Other than getz_racer because that dude is a goddamned beast.

Last edited:
Forget what you read people say about the shoe and just run in the damn thing. If you like it, what people think is irrelevant.

I think the people talking poorly about this shoe haven't even run in it. Edit: Other than getz_racer because that dude is a goddamned beast.

alonzo.gif

getz_racer is knowledgeable, glad we have him on NT. I ain't no runner but hes got a lot of good pointers

For reference, I wear TTS in all my running shoes (peg 34, 35, Epic React, lunarepic) and my feet are slightly wider than normal.

I got the barely grey in my true size, and the black pair in half size up. Ran in both. For the barely grey/TTS pair, walking or running at slower paces was uncomfortable because the upper was pushing down and crushing my toes; however, when running at faster paces they felt fine and I noticed no pain.

With the black/half sz up pair, no pain when walking or running at slow paces; however the extra space was noticeable to me no matter the pace and I felt my foot sliding at times. Even when I tightened the laces as much as I could I feel like my feet weren’t really locked in because of the extra space. But that’s just me.

So I’ve been watching this thread as I’m looking for a new pair of running shoes. I haven’t purchased a bonafide running shoe dedicated to only running since the Lunarglide 8 and Lunar Tempo era. I have the Epic React pair but I wear those casually. I currently run in the Lunar Trainer (see attached) which is still bouncy enough and but I think the cushion is weakening. I see about 3-4 styles consistently mentioned between the Pegasus 35, Pegasus Turbo and Zoom Fly/SP. I run about 15-25mi a week and bested some of my personal bests for fastest mile and fastest 5K/10K just a few months ago. Albeit the marketing/hype, the Turbos look the best. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 0130A465-63AF-4BCB-B5CA-7F67A05F13E5.jpeg
    0130A465-63AF-4BCB-B5CA-7F67A05F13E5.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 14
buy from ndc, try and then return if it doesn't suit you

i do think that is the best suggestion but the epic react might be the closest to what you are running in now though

So I’ve been watching this thread as I’m looking for a new pair of running shoes. I haven’t purchased a bonafide running shoe dedicated to only running since the Lunarglide 8 and Lunar Tempo era. I have the Epic React pair but I wear those casually. I currently run in the Lunar Trainer (see attached) which is still bouncy enough and but I think the cushion is weakening. I see about 3-4 styles consistently mentioned between the Pegasus 35, Pegasus Turbo and Zoom Fly/SP. I run about 15-25mi a week and bested some of my personal bests for fastest mile and fastest 5K/10K just a few months ago. Albeit the marketing/hype, the Turbos look the best. Any suggestions?
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Peg 35 or Peg Turbo.

The Peg 35 feels a bit more responsive than the Turbo, but it's heavier and not as cushioned. If you'd prefer more cushion and less weight, go with the Turbo.

Zoom Fly is less versatile - it's hard to run slow in them. If you're going slower than a 7:30 mile, your foot wants to bend the nylon plate instead of roll over.

Went for my first run in the Peg 35 T. I went on a 4 miles today. I really didn’t like the shoe at first. But I think that was mainly due to the shoe not being broken in. At the moment, I prefer the response of the regular 35s but I definitely need to get more runs in. I’ll probably keep them (since next week will be a month since I bought the early release pair).

I definitely agree with many of the reviews w ER vs Peg 35 T vs VF 4%.

The VF is the speed shoe. ER is a nice Sunday driver for long distances. Peg is sort of in the middle.

Would’ve been nice if they put the plate in there.

I just think you're a fool if you bought into hype. Did you expect the moon landing? You get the shoe and it works for you or it doesn't. Materials, brands, logos, exprctations, everything else is irrelevant. I'm about as anti-corporate as you can get, but the amount of blame being poured onto Nike, when the vast majority of the excitement and rumors were just from people like the ones on this thread, is quite frankly ridiculous. These were never going to be a Vapor Fly 4%, and Nike never made them out to be.

Might be the Buddhist in me talking, but don't attach yourself to things and expectations.

Back
Top Bottom