Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Another run and workout in the turbo today. I will saw they do have the squish feeling of an ultra boost, not as bad but it’s there.

Just got my pair of turbos in. I am leaning towards returning them, I love the feel of them and the comfort but don’t think these would be too durable to use as a daily trainer then they are too comfortable to use as a racer.

I understand more why people are using these as a casual shoe now

Just got my pair of turbos in. I am leaning towards returning them, I love the feel of them and the comfort but don’t think these would be too durable to use as a daily trainer then they are too comfortable to use as a racer.

Knew 2 guys who tested the pegs and both got 450+ miles out of them before the ZoomX statered to die in terms of cushioning.

These seem pretty durable. I wouldn’t be concerned about durability.

I finally took my Turbos out for a decently long run and they performed well.

YouTuber kofuzi has logged in 100+ in them, and they looked perfectly fine. Seems like the cushion will go on for a very long time, too. Wouldn't be promoted as a daily runner if it wasn't durable enough to do so, IMO.

We live in Commerce Twp and run at Kensington frequently. Very nice place as you mentioned. I believe Hanson’s trains at Stony Creek MP.

Woot! Kensington! I grew up in Brighton, so we visited all the time. Born in Trenton, spent some time in Hamtramck.

I think your worries about durability are completely unfounded, to be honest.

Tried out the Floatride Run Fast (non pro version). After a short first run, I can see the appeal. Wonder how much different the Pro version is (and not $100 and a bit less weight).
Some serious grip on these things I will say. Nice, light, and some decent spring.
95381BCE-8F5D-4474-9681-B0DAAF15D2E4.jpeg

Last edited:
YouTuber kofuzi has logged in 100+ in them, and they looked perfectly fine. Seems like the cushion will go on for a very long time, too. Wouldn't be promoted as a daily runner if it wasn't durable enough to do so, IMO.

yah i think nike has been somewhat honest in some of their marketing for these shoes, they admit that the vaporfly is a $250 race day shoe only

I love the Turbos. Today was my first significant-ish effort in these shoes, since I've been tapering for a race plus battling an extensor tendon injury. I did a 10K recovery run at 5:27 (~8:47 min/mile) and they felt great. Bouncey, cushioned ride with enough response. I was practicing my racing strategy by running negative splits, and they felt great at any pace. They felt the best at about 5:15 (~8:28min/mile) and faster. I only got up to about 4:45 (7:40 min/mile) but they felt really smooth. For the majority of casual runners who only have one shoe, the Turbo can probably do it all. If you're an enthusiast, I could see this shoe having a hard time fitting in to a rotation. My guess is an enthusiast would really only want to use this for long runs (20 km or longer).

I have some minor complaints that aren't new, but I'll share them anyways. The shoe's a little unstable, especially for my right foot that overpronates. I noticed this more at slower paces. I could also feel the racing stripe rub against my big toes when I was going downhill. That was a little annoying, but not a dealbreaker.

I will be wearing them for my half marathon on the 19th :smile:

For anyone with the Turbos and Epic React, should I save the money and get a pair of Epic Reacts for slow runs? I'm only planning on 30 mile weeks. I already have pair(s) of ZF and Streak 6

Last edited:
Watched that video yesterday. It really came down to taste.

The Turbo is a polarizing shoe based of the hype and promise of Zoom X.

Props to Nike for making an “elite” version. There’s always the second iteration.

Curious on that Reebok Pro version. That seems readily available. But not a whole lot of reviews when I tried to google it.

Runners seem pretty competitive right now.

there was a lot of hype in the floatrides run pro last year, it was being pegged head to head with the VFs but there are still many not keen on paying $250 for reeboks despite them being more focused on performance shoes lately

i don't thinkt he pro has been out too long yet and no one is a marketing machine like nike is so it's kind of been somewhat lost in the shuffle of the pegasus turbo release

For anyone with the Turbos and Epic React, should I save the money and get a pair of Epic Reacts for slow runs? I'm only planning on 30 mile weeks. I already have pair(s) of ZF and Streak 6
I have both and I’d favour the versatility of the Turbos over the Epic Reacts. I end up wearing my white Epic Reacts as a casual shoe more than I run in them.

there was a lot of hype in the floatrides run pro last year, it was being pegged head to head with the VFs but there are still many not keen on paying $250 for reeboks despite them being more focused on performance shoes lately

i don't thinkt he pro has been out too long yet and no one is a marketing machine like nike is so it's kind of been somewhat lost in the shuffle of the pegasus turbo release

I realize they are not in the same category, but I prefer the floatride (non pro version for $125) over the peg 35 and peg Turbo. For me they are on par with the Zoom
Fly. Definitely not a vapor fly, but can’t comment on the run fast pro version. I can’t imagine a lighter version with a bit more snap.

always wanted a floatrideshoe but they are so ugly. i wish reebok used their old logo instead of the crossfit one

always wanted a floatrideshoe but they are so ugly. i wish reebok used their old logo instead of the crossfit one

I think the CrossFit one is a bit whatever, but I like it more than the old one. That always looked too much like Asics to me. I think it's Li-Ning's logo that looks exactly like Brooks, but just with like, an extra dot on it

Back
Top Bottom