Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Saw most of the regular Peg35s at FNL for $100... also saw the Turbos too. The mall’s FTL also had the Turbos. I feel there’s a good chance of them going on clearance in a few months.

Saw this pretty dope red cw.
A4E7A3F1-3984-4CA7-9033-E13C789CD428.jpeg

Probably my favorite cw for the Peg35.

Last edited:
Last edited:
i used to but it's been turbos lately

i've personally thought the epic reacts a bit too firm for me and was relegated as my workout shoes even before the turbos released

You guys know that feeling where you got something that you're so excited for and you'd think it'd work out, but you come to realize that no matter how you adjust, it just doesn't work out? Well... I guess I just now had that moment. I really wanted the Pegasus Turbos to work, but it's just too soft. The odd and worst part is that it's irritating specifically my right knee. I'm sure that there are many other factors that contribute to the bothered knee, so I'll likely have to take some time to reevaluate. I should've taken the hint from the Epic Reacts, because I was feeling a little bit of irritation by the end of my 3rd run when I was trying them out. If I can still continue to run a few times a week, I'll definitely need a firmer ride with the likes of the Pegasus 35 or maybe consider the Zoom Vomero 13 again since the 11s were great for my runs.

/sigh... This sucks... Any thoughts on restrengthening/building back up some strength on the legs (especially the knees) would be appreciated. I'm looking into those therapeutic resistance bands.

i'd have to look it up but when i was looking into it a few years back, supposedly having more stride with less stride length helps with knee pain

forefoot and midfoot strike also helps lessen the stress which is usually promoted by barefoot running (free runs from a few years back)

not an expert but i believe it is also about handling the load of your body so strengthening your quads and calfs would likely help too

i'd have to look it up but when i was looking into it a few years back, supposedly having more stride with less stride length helps with knee pain

forefoot and midfoot strike also helps lessen the stress which is usually promoted by barefoot running (free runs from a few years back)

not an expert but i believe it is also about handling the load of your body so strengthening your quads and calfs would likely help too

That explains why my left knee feels okay during the runs. I can strike forefoot on that leg, but with a bit of a sensitive Achilles on the right, I can go midfoot at best although I end up feeling more of a heel strike.

Can you explain the "more stride with less stride length" part?

it's kind of hard to explain i guess

my understanding is that a stride length is the distance of the steps of both your legs

in comparison, a step length is the distance of your step so that is technically half a stride

so if you lessen the stride length, you'd end up taking more strides to reach the same distance you would

i am not sure if that is clear but it makes sense in my head :lol:

i don't think it is the most ideal when it comes to PRs but it might equate to a pain-free run (if there is such a thing)

i'd wait for others opinion here though

Do the peg 35s have a lower ankle collar then the turbos? I wore the turbos for the first time today, and I think it’s going to be a problem for the outside part of my ankle. I didn’t recall the peg 33s having such a high ankle collar.

it's kind of hard to explain i guess

my understanding is that a stride length is the distance of the steps of both your legs

in comparison, a step length is the distance of your step so that is technically half a stride

so if you lessen the stride length, you'd end up taking more strides to reach the same distance you would

i am not sure if that is clear but it makes sense in my head :lol:

i don't think it is the most ideal when it comes to PRs but it might equate to a pain-free run (if there is such a thing)

i'd wait for others opinion here though

You increase your cadence and decrease the stride length. Also:
- If the knee pain is coming from the patellar tendon, stretch your quads
- If you have Achilles pain, do ankle drops several times a day. Slowly work from four sets of 10 up to four sets of 80. Runners stress their Achilles quite a bit more than most athletes and the increased sets help recovery. There's an article on competitor.com that lays out the hows and whys. Google: "New Exercises For Fixing Achilles Injuries competitor.com"

You guys know that feeling where you got something that you're so excited for and you'd think it'd work out, but you come to realize that no matter how you adjust, it just doesn't work out? Well... I guess I just now had that moment. I really wanted the Pegasus Turbos to work, but it's just too soft. The odd and worst part is that it's irritating specifically my right knee. I'm sure that there are many other factors that contribute to the bothered knee, so I'll likely have to take some time to reevaluate. I should've taken the hint from the Epic Reacts, because I was feeling a little bit of irritation by the end of my 3rd run when I was trying them out. If I can still continue to run a few times a week, I'll definitely need a firmer ride with the likes of the Pegasus 35 or maybe consider the Zoom Vomero 13 again since the 11s were great for my runs.

/sigh... This sucks... Any thoughts on restrengthening/building back up some strength on the legs (especially the knees) would be appreciated. I'm looking into those therapeutic resistance bands.

Work on your hips, get the Zoomfly over the Vomero.

Back
Top Bottom