Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

it's kind of hard to explain i guess

my understanding is that a stride length is the distance of the steps of both your legs

in comparison, a step length is the distance of your step so that is technically half a stride

so if you lessen the stride length, you'd end up taking more strides to reach the same distance you would

i am not sure if that is clear but it makes sense in my head :lol:

i don't think it is the most ideal when it comes to PRs but it might equate to a pain-free run (if there is such a thing)

i'd wait for others opinion here though

You increase your cadence and decrease the stride length. Also:
- If the knee pain is coming from the patellar tendon, stretch your quads
- If you have Achilles pain, do ankle drops several times a day. Slowly work from four sets of 10 up to four sets of 80. Runners stress their Achilles quite a bit more than most athletes and the increased sets help recovery. There's an article on competitor.com that lays out the hows and whys. Google: "New Exercises For Fixing Achilles Injuries competitor.com"

Work on your hips, get the Zoomfly over the Vomero.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice, guys!

vento vento - it's unfortunately not the Runner's Knee. It's on the lateral side where I'm feeling the pain. It's been triggered from basketball and although it can go away, running in the Pegasus Turbos bring it back.

@DeletedCSaccount - I might need to reevaluate the Zoom Flys. I ran in them once awhile back, and those were brutal for my left knee about a mile and a half in. The difference is that I was a heavy heel striker at that time. Things are different now haha

If you have a running watch, check your cadence. I believe the target cadence is 180 spm.

I used to be a heavy heel striker when I started running because I didn’t know any better. I’d always find myself getting injured more frequently. I actually ran my first race ever (full marathon) heel striking all the way through except the final 3 miles thinking that was the “correct” way. SMH finished at a 3:30 with “bad form” lol

I really didn’t care about mechanics then. However, as I researched more, I learned that mechanics really matter. I started to develop a mid-to-forefoot strike. I noticed a SIGNIFICANT drop in my average paces, and, most importantly, SIGNIFICANTLY less injuries. Nowadays, I’ll admit I’m not as hungry as I was then, but I know I’m definitely a better, faster and more efficient runner than before.

I also noticed my preference for the way shoes felt shifted so much since I started. I used to prefer that marshmellow plushness when I started. Now, I’m all about firmness.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts and advice, guys!

vento vento - it's unfortunately not the Runner's Knee. It's on the lateral side where I'm feeling the pain. It's been triggered from basketball and although it can go away, running in the Pegasus Turbos bring it back.

@DeletedCSaccount - I might need to reevaluate the Zoom Flys. I ran in them once awhile back, and those were brutal for my left knee about a mile and a half in. The difference is that I was a heavy heel striker at that time. Things are different now haha

Lateral? IT Band? Get to become one with your foam roller. It hurts like crazy, but it's the only true cure. Feel better soon!!!

As for the 180spm...that's a target number, but if you're tall like me (6'3"), your cadence will be lower naturally. When I'm marathon training, I'm in the low 170s. Even during 5K (18:30s), I'm rarely able to get over 180spm - even with low vertical oscillation (stride bounce). When I had my Achilles issue, increasing my stride just a little bit naturally decreased my stride length (I'm typically a midfoot strike). I also wore the Pegasus over lower drop shoes. The higher drop took some of the tension off the Achilles. But again, the increased reps and number of ankle drops are what eventually cured my issue.

FYI - Camarillo Nike Outlet has tons of this colorway on the hash wall for $59 plus an additional 20% off. With tax they roughly came out to $51.
E6A52743-79A9-4747-8111-E01CBAB2038B.jpeg

Really wanted to do the turbo challenge too. Need to stop making excuses. How more days I got? Edit - sept 3 9PM PST

And what do you guys use to run w your phone? (No Apple watch here)

Lateral? IT Band? Get to become one with your foam roller. It hurts like crazy, but it's the only true cure. Feel better soon!!!

As for the 180spm...that's a target number, but if you're tall like me (6'3"), your cadence will be lower naturally. When I'm marathon training, I'm in the low 170s. Even during 5K (18:30s), I'm rarely able to get over 180spm - even with low vertical oscillation (stride bounce). When I had my Achilles issue, increasing my stride just a little bit naturally decreased my stride length (I'm typically a midfoot strike). I also wore the Pegasus over lower drop shoes. The higher drop took some of the tension off the Achilles. But again, the increased reps and number of ankle drops are what eventually cured my issue.

AH, FOAM ROLLING! Why didn't I think of that... I freaking have one here in my room and totally forgot about it. Right on for that reminder and the cosign on the ankle drops.

If you have a running watch, check your cadence. I believe the target cadence is 180 spm.

I used to be a heavy heel striker when I started running because I didn’t know any better. I’d always find myself getting injured more frequently. I actually ran my first race ever (full marathon) heel striking all the way through except the final 3 miles thinking that was the “correct” way. SMH finished at a 3:30 with “bad form” lol

I really didn’t care about mechanics then. However, as I researched more, I learned that mechanics really matter. I started to develop a mid-to-forefoot strike. I noticed a SIGNIFICANT drop in my average paces, and, most importantly, SIGNIFICANTLY less injuries. Nowadays, I’ll admit I’m not as hungry as I was then, but I know I’m definitely a better, faster and more efficient runner than before.

I also noticed my preference for the way shoes felt shifted so much since I started. I used to prefer that marshmellow plushness when I started. Now, I’m all about firmness.

I unfortunately don't have a running watch, but I should really invest in one.

These tips are amazing, guys, thank you! Keep them coming!

Another thing that works well is a lacrosse ball. It is solid rubber this unforgiving. It gets way in there and hurts like a MoFo but works well.

Last edited:
4369F199-E5EB-45D2-8C8C-31DFF1A1AF31.jpeg

I had a Nike gift card sitting so I decided to pull the trigger on the Turbo and they came in yesterday. Compared to the Nike Lunar Trainer I have been running in these feel like a Godsend! Im impressed. They feel a tad bit softer or more plush than the Nike Epic React. I didn’t feel any foot fatigue. I did feel a little slippage on the inside of the right shoe, but that’s probably just indicative my form.

I noticed a few defects on my pair and I’m a stickler for errors straight of of the box. Midsole also looked precreased like someone had taken a few strolls in them. Might swap for the black pair, just wish it had a white racing stripe instead of black.

4369F199-E5EB-45D2-8C8C-31DFF1A1AF31.jpeg

I had a Nike gift card sitting so I decided to pull the trigger on the Turbo and they came in yesterday. Compared to the Nike Lunar Trainer I have been running in these feel like a Godsend! Im impressed. They feel a tad bit softer or more plush than the Nike Epic React. I didn’t feel any foot fatigue. I did feel a little slippage on the inside of the right shoe, but that’s probably just indicative my form.

I noticed a few defects on my pair and I’m a stickler for errors straight of of the box. Midsole also looked precreased like someone had taken a few strolls in them. Might swap for the black pair, just wish it had a white racing stripe instead of black.
Nah, just ZoomX creases if you even look at it funny. I wouldn't worry about them being pre-worn. MAYBE tried on, but I'd be surprised if they'd been run in already.

Really wanted to do the turbo challenge too. Need to stop making excuses. How more days I got? Edit - sept 3 9PM PST

And what do you guys use to run w your phone? (No Apple watch here)
I just run outside with my phone/ Nike run app and a Nike run vest. I start my run with a 9 second delay so it gives me enough time to zip the phone in back of my vest. I have my Spotify playlist hooked to the run app and have the settings to give distance/pace every .25 mile

I run with my phone in a SPI belt. I find if i position it correctly it wont bounce and i dont notice it at all. (about halfway between front and side for me)

Is this a common manufacturer flaw with the Pegasus 35 Turbo? The OCD in me says to exchange them but if this is common to this model, I can probably learn to deal with it.

Attachments

• D41F0C28-B01C-486F-BD86-6A810944A87A.jpeg
    D41F0C28-B01C-486F-BD86-6A810944A87A.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom