Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Historically, the Vomero line has always been the premium stability shoe. It usually has similar tech to the Pegasus and MORE. The Pegasus is considered the median level (or daily) sneaker of Nike Running.

1631154305752.jpeg

1631154320828.jpeg

plus thats usually how nike updates their running shoes anyways, the new tech usually lasts 2 years before getting a bigger update/rehaul so not caring much for the second year of the same tech during the pandemic isnt a big deal

what they need to figure out is to make the line lighter because i think the vomero is getting behind, they cant just put the biggest zoom air and cram it in a huge midsole anymore

i think the 15 prob faced setbacks in terms of production/allocation due to covid since it only dropped in europe/asia.

not much of a change to the 16 besides the minor changes on the upper
That and they were putting out the invincibles as well at that time so they were trying to limit releases with limited production is my guess.

Do you really need vomeros if the invincibles are out? Hasn’t that taken over as the Premium model.

i think they really need a peg turbo model with a nylon plate and an improved standard peg. All this new tech is not reaching the peg like it used to.

i think vomero is still necessary because not everyone's gon' love the invincibles and many might prefer the traditional zoom bags on their max cushioned shoes, plus its on a lower price bracket

i honestly am still not sure if the pegasus turbo is underrated or overrated, many wanted it before it released then when it came out its almost unanimously hate and now that it might not return everyone loves em and wants it again

i personally love it for walking but its not my preferred shoe for running when a lot of other better option for the same price

and regular pegasus still the daily training staple, its gon' be in that $120 range (that could be had for a huge discount not soon after) that provides enough for most regular runners, it shouldnt change that philosophy, it cant be too cushioned or too speed oriented, thats not its target market

there's going to be a lot of overlap but everyones foots different so they got to cater to as many customers as possible

i think vomero is still necessary because not everyone's gon' love the invincibles and many might prefer the traditional zoom bags on their max cushioned shoes, plus its on a lower price bracket

i honestly am still not sure if the pegasus turbo is underrated or overrated, many wanted it before it released then when it came out its almost unanimously hate and now that it might not return everyone loves em and wants it again

i personally love it for walking but its not my preferred shoe for running when a lot of other better option for the same price

and regular pegasus still the daily training staple, its gon' be in that $120 range (that could be had for a huge discount not soon after) that provides enough for most regular runners, it shouldnt change that philosophy, it cant be too cushioned or too speed oriented, thats not its target market

there's going to be a lot of overlap but everyones foots different so they got to cater to as many customers as possible

vomero to me has changed for the worse over the years. I had the “live strong” versions years back and they were nice and super luxurious. Just think they tried to gear them toward being faster. But that was never the intention of them I believe. I defer to you guys on that.

Turbo - I agree with you but v1 and v2 were kinda different shoes. I did NYC in 2018 with V1 and 2019 in V2 and I feel if v1 had some type of plate would be the sweet spot and probably blow out many shoes. With the focus on the fly I believe Nike felt the v2 needed to be faster as well. So they stripped the shoe to make it lighter but didn’t add anything really to enhance it.
A few posts back the “streakfly” red shoes are basically turbov2 with vaporfly uppers. Add a nylon plate to that and you may have a winner.

9B083581-2331-4E75-9672-50DEE34B07A6.jpeg

Last edited:
vomero to me has changed for the worse over the years. I had the “live strong” versions years back and they were nice and super luxurious. Just think they tried to gear them toward being faster. But that was never the intention of them I believe. I defer to you guys on that.

Turbo - I agree with you but v1 and v2 were kinda different shoes. I did NYC in 2018 with V1 and 2019 in V2 and I feel if v1 had some type of plate would be the sweet spot and probably blow out many shoes. With the focus on the fly I believe Nike felt the v2 needed to be faster as well. So they stripped the shoe to make it lighter but didn’t add anything really to enhance it.
A few posts back the “streakfly” red shoes are basically turbov2 with vaporfly uppers. Add a nylon plate to that and you may have a winner.

9B083581-2331-4E75-9672-50DEE34B07A6.jpeg
I think the streak fly’s have a plate.

I though the Turbo 1 was a bit unstable at the heel, I like the Turbo 2 better.
I think it may be because the 2 feels slightly firmer. I recall Solereview mentioning that the reduced heel collar padding on the 2 causes the foot to sit further back on the midsole than the 1 and the strobel on the 2 was also firmer, both things that could lead to a more stable feel.

Reactions: Ish
I think it may be because the 2 feels slightly firmer. I recall Solereview mentioning that the reduced heel collar padding on the 2 causes the foot to sit further back on the midsole than the 1 and the strobel on the 2 was also firmer, both things that could lead to a more stable feel.
Agreed - Turbo 1 was full cadillac (Misadvertised as fast imho) and v2 was firmer so it made it feel snappier.

The streakfly looks like V2 cushion with a plate and vaporfly upper - if True - take my money!!!

Agreed - Turbo 1 was full cadillac (Misadvertised as fast imho) and v2 was firmer so it made it feel snappier.

The streakfly looks like V2 cushion with a plate and vaporfly upper - if True - take my money!!!
Looks like a V2 that's full ZoomX, which I think will feel better than the ZoomX/React combo, with the plate adding some stability.

Back
Top Bottom