Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Damn, I actually want ZoomX in the Pegasus though. Anybody know anything about the midsole foam? I assume it's just react.

i would like a full zoomx midsole used, but feel like we'll get the same midsole mix as the vomero 15/16

i would like a full zoomx midsole used, but feel like we'll get the same midsole mix as the vomero 15/16
Maybe we'll get a Peg with partial ZoomX in 2024 (Peg 41) when the next tick-tock model cycle begins? But probably not with the same SR-02 foam carrier as in the Vomero 15/16 (which I think is more or less cushlon).

not a traditional peg, but the peg turbo which was zoomx plus react
that's the kind of foam set up i wouldn't be surprised for the 39 with the zoom bag set up added
I would be very surprised at $120. Vomero at $150 is the lowest priced ZoomX runner to date. Maybe they'll add a ZoomX topsole or sock liner for step in comfort to keep the Peg in the $120-130 range?

I would be very surprised at $120. Vomero at $150 is the lowest priced ZoomX runner to date. Maybe they'll add a ZoomX topsole or sock liner for step in comfort to keep the Peg in the $120-130 range?

it would prob just be super minimal zoomx use and mostly react if they want to keep it at the lower pricepoint

i honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we see nike gradually increase their shoes $10-20 the next couple years due to covid/inflation and also to help cover costs for any R&D plus marketing on whatever else they push out. pegs would still be under $150 which would be a fair price considering you see a lot of trainers reaching that price already

Although the tech seems the remain the same, the sole appears to be different from the 37/38, correct?

If this is the case, I’m thinking the 40 will have the same sole. I know Nike likes to use the same sole at least for at least two consecutive generations. Has Nike ever only one sole iteration for a Pegasus then completely changed it the following year?

Although the tech seems the remain the same, the sole appears to be different from the 37/38, correct?

If this is the case, I’m thinking the 40 will have the same sole. I know Nike likes to use the same sole at least for at least two consecutive generations. Has Nike ever only one sole iteration for a Pegasus then completely changed it the following year?
It seems to be very uncommon for Nike to not use the same midsole/outsole setup for 2 cycles.

Check this out (we already know that from 2014 forward they've been doing the tick-tock): https://www.sneakerfreaker.com/features/nike-pegasus-retrospective

I don't see that happening until Nike comes up with a new premium foam and ZoomX trickles down to lower price models like the Peg

Yeah but a guy can hope though lol. I was hoping only because it's a good shakeup. The react Pegasuses have really not impressed me. I do hope at least we get a Zoom Air strobel. But it doesn't look like it since usually the Zoom air branding is in the middle of the midsole on shoes like this. Just a new geometry for the midsole and the same forefoot zoom air unit.

wildhorse 7

1632871069965.jpeg

1632871082788.jpeg

1632871101526.jpeg

So React and rear and forefoot Zoom...and single layer mesh. Should be lighter than the 37/38!

pegasus and vomero has always been slow progression and playa round with zoom bag positions, addition of react is good

i wonder if they’ll put zoom turbo (curved zoom bags from kyrie line) or zoom strobel in the 40s, maybe even stack them for the vomeros like they do with the zoom freaks? or strobel + zoom bag, i think thats gon be the next innovation to come to running shoes

40 should just be the 39 with a new upper, right?

Would a strobel + bag or double stacked bags work well for performance running shoes? Just guessing here, but more/taller air seems like it would be more unstable compared to foam which absorbs pressure better without redistributing it? If they aren't developing it already, I think Nike should be looking at carbonated/gas infused foams like Hyperburst, DNA Flash/DNA Loft, FuelCell, etc. for their daily trainers like the Peg and Vomero. It's way lighter than React with more energy return and is cost effective and durable compared to Peba/ZoomX. Imagine a Peg with CO2 infused React (which I think is a TPE/EVA blend?)...that would be a fun shoe.

Back
Top Bottom