Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

^^pic from reps sites only, so I wouldn't bet my money on it. Wouldn't be the first time rep companies came up with their own designs.

Well it is about the time when images would leak. And the upper updates are in line with the change from the Pegasus 33 to 34 and LunarGlide 8 to 9 (less exposed flywire, soft fade coloration), but you are 100% correct that they could be fake.

I was really hoping for an Odyssey 3, but I don't think that's going to happen. I've seen no images or mention of them and Nike has reduced the Odyssey 2 to clearance levels. They did the same thing with the LunarTempo, and they're both shoes worn by just-retired Ashton Eaton, coincidentally enough.

Pegasus 35 in the wild. Screenshot_20170808-073624.png
Screenshot_20170808-073624.png

Also there is this shoe which was spotted on Kipchoge that could be an elite 10, pegasus 36 or vomero 14. My bet would be the pegasus 36. It is not the 35 as it has the nike tick back towards the heel like a 32/33 and a raised stripe from toe to the laces.
20170808_074906.png
20170808_075327.png

Anyone pick up the Mo Farrah Pegasus 34? I'm thinking of getting a pair but trying to see if they are more red or crimson/pinkish.

Anyone pick up the Mo Farrah Pegasus 34? I'm thinking of getting a pair but trying to see if they are more red or crimson/pinkish.

Very bright red. They even glow bright red in the dark. Worth having in my opinion (I've already bought two pairs)

Attachments

• 20170804_231855.jpg
    20170804_231855.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
So, some news I got from Nike this week.

The Odessey and Lunarglide are being cancelled. Only support shoe Nike will be selling now is the Structure.

I got to see a peg 35, it looks 100% like the last picture I posted.

Also for next year, Streak 7 and Streak LT 4 confirmed.

Last edited:

The Odessey and Lunarglide are being cancelled. Only support shoe Nike will be selling now is the Structure.

Also for next year, Streak 7 confirmed

Man, that sucks. I love both those shoes. I think they'll only lose a lot of customers that way.

So the Peg 35 won't be released until next year right? I definitely like the fact it isn't a one piece upper like some of the leaks had shown earlier this year.

Thanks for the info! Any news on the Nike free 2018? Or if they have any new shoes utilizing the ZoomX foam? Thanks!

So now Nike is the only major brand without a maximum stability shoe. I know the customer base for stability shoes is smaller than regular stuff but still a bad move by Nike. The Structures are ok but more of a mid level stability shoe. Odysseys were the best stability shoe Nike had put out in a long time and they get rid of it right away. Makes no sense.

Aren't there studies out that stability shoes actually don't keep you from getting injured any more than neutral shoes?

So now Nike is the only major brand without a maximum stability shoe. I know the customer base for stability shoes is smaller than regular stuff but still a bad move by Nike. The Structures are ok but more of a mid level stability shoe. Odysseys were the best stability shoe Nike had put out in a long time and they get rid of it right away. Makes no sense.

I think it'd be one thing if they were just creating replacements, but it does sound like they're gone for good. That puts them in basically the same vein as Puma. Honestly, I got the Adidas Supernova ST and thought it was pretty similar to the Odyssey. I ditched the Odyssey because I'm paranoid about accidentally popping a Zoom Air bag at the gym.

Aren't there studies out that stability shoes actually don't keep you from getting injured any more than neutral shoes?

Depends on the runner, but mostly yes. I think it's actually the firmness that most stability wearers like, not the actual medial posting. I'm totally flat-footed and as long as I have outsole material under my arch, I'm fine, be it neutral or stability. But that's my anecdote only.

Depends on the runner, but mostly yes. I think it's actually the firmness that most stability wearers like, not the actual medial posting. I'm totally flat-footed and as long as I have outsole material under my arch, I'm fine, be it neutral or stability. But that's my anecdote only.

Yeah personally a lot of the pain (knees and ankles) I thought I had from not having the right shoes when I first started running, went away after building strength by running on a more consistent basis.

I think it'd be one thing if they were just creating replacements, but it does sound like they're gone for good. That puts them in basically the same vein as Puma. Honestly, I got the Adidas Supernova ST and thought it was pretty similar to the Odyssey. I ditched the Odyssey because I'm paranoid about accidentally popping a Zoom Air bag at the gym.

I've just about worn out my 3rd pair of Odyssey 1s and since I know I'll have to go elsewhere for stability from now on, I bought a pair of the Saucony Omni 16s to work into the mix and they are great so far. I tried the Supernova STs on as well and liked how they felt but I couldn't get a solid lock down fit with those. I'm sure I'll still pick up a pair of the Structure 21s when they come out. And who knows...maybe Nike is working on something new for stability that just won't be out for awhile yet.

I feel like I need that extra support the medial posting provides. Now if I try on a neutral shoe it feels really weird without that support.

I feel like I need that extra support the medial posting provides. Now if I try on a neutral shoe it feels really weird without that support.

Have you tried something firm, like the NB FuelCore/Vazee line? Might not work for you, I'm not giving out medical advice, just curious on how they felt if you did.

Nightrunner: The Odessey hasn't sold so well, the lunarglide does sell well but with the new lunarlon they believe that the netrual lunar shoes will be able to offer similar levels of support.

Oghowie: The peg 35 will be realsed next year. Lastest studies have shown that stability shoes do keep you from getting injured more than neutral shoes but only if you need them. Here is a good read on a paper that I have used as my guide for my job: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/li...paign=Shared+Web+Article+Links&service=mobile

Dru812002: I got no news on Nike frees. Nike very happy with ZoomX but still not sure how to use the material in daily training shoes, only thing planned at the moment to use ZoomX in the future is a spike based on the Mantumbo.

mjd77: The Structure is very supportive, so much so that it does a better job at stopping overpronation than some maximum stability shoes, including the Odessey. Nike are not working on something new for stability, they have only wanted to sell one stability shoe for the last few years. It now seem they are going ahead with that plan and are now selling just the Structure from next year. I would stick with support shoes if they work for you. Look at Galen Rupp, he still wears the structurs.

Last edited:
From what I am seeing with the industry is that mild support shoes are going. I believe that it is because due to low sales and most netrual shoe now can offer the same support as mild support shoes.

Must admit that I am a bit sad the Lunarglide is going especially since the 9 bought the series back to its original support levels that the 8 ruined.

Thanks for the information!
Nightrunner: The Odessey hasn't sold so well, the lunarglide does sell well but with the new lunarlon they believe that the netrual lunar shoes will be able to offer similar levels of support.

Oghowie: The peg 35 will be realsed next year. Lastest studies have shown that stability shoes do keep you from getting injured more than neutral shoes but only if you need them. Here is a good read on a paper that I have used as my guide for my job: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/li...paign=Shared+Web+Article+Links&service=mobile

Dru812002: I got no news on Nike frees. Nike very happy with ZoomX but still not sure how to use the material in daily training shoes, only thing planned at the moment to use ZoomX in the future is a spike based on the Mantumbo.

mjd77: The Structure is very supportive, so much so that it does a better job at stopping overpronation than some maximum stability shoes, including the Odessey. Nike are not working on something new for stability, they have only wanted to sell one stability shoe for the last few years. It now seem they are going ahead with that plan and are now selling just the Structure from next year. I would stick with support shoes if they work for you. Look at Galen Rupp, he still wears the structurs.
Thank you for the information! I look forward to the 35, and what Nike will do with ZoomX. I can imagine a Free Flyknit with ZoomX foam and maybe a smal external heel counter

Back
Top Bottom