Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

If I can get myself back into the Pegasus and Vomeros, I'ma have to check those out. Hopefully no price bump for the Vomero!

They are good from a running performance standpoint which is my reason for purchasing them.

I’ve been using the Vomeros from 10 to 12 for my long distances and they’ve performed great for that but I also liked how they looked too. Might just stock up on some 12s on deep discount and wait to see how the 14s look.

Any supinators in here with the Vomeros or Peg’s?

Would like to get your opinion on these shoes. How many miles on your pair/pairs? Any Discomfort? Good Support?

My zoom flys are pretty much done and looking to get a new long distance training shoe.

Would like to get your opinion on these shoes. How many miles on your pair/pairs? Any Discomfort? Good Support?

My zoom flys are pretty much done and looking to get a new long distance training shoe.
I prefer the Vomeros. The Pegasus have never felt right to me in the forefoot. Plus, the overall cushioning and durability is better in the Vomero as far as I’m concerned. But that’s just me. To each their own. I know tons of runners that swear by ASICS. But they have never felt right on my feet.

Supinator right here and I use both. Pegs for everything 5 miles or less and Vomeros for anything above 5 miles. I’ve never had a problem with either but I like the Vomeros more for running overall.

I prefer the Vomeros. The Pegasus have never felt right to me in the forefoot. Plus, the overall cushioning and durability is better in the Vomero as far as I’m concerned. But that’s just me. To each their own. I know tons of runners that swear by ASICS. But they have never felt right on my feet.

Supinator right here and I use both. Pegs for everything 5 miles or less and Vomeros for anything above 5 miles. I’ve never had a problem with either but I like the Vomeros more for running overall.

Appreciate the feedback gents. Thanks

Appreciate the feedback gents. Thanks

Side note to add is that the Vomero is softer than the Pegasus which allows for more rotation of the foot than the Pegasus, meaning it's less stable than the Pegasus.

Even though I love both shoes, I prefer the Pegasus because it's lighter, firmer and more stable, meaning if I am out on a long run and want to push to 6:50-6:30 per mile pace I can. If I tried doing that in a Vomero it would be difficult because the softer and heaver sole is less response and would require more effort.

Yah I think I've seen some Vomeros on ID but only to add initials and not really fully customize to your hearts desire

from the Nike earning report in December:

"ZoomX has exceeded our expectations. I've been a part of almost every major innovation at NIKE, and I can confidently say the 4% is among the most significant performance advancements in our history. And this summer, ZoomX will be even more accessible through our celebrated Pegasus, with a new shoe called the Peg Turbo that will join the ZoomX Pegasus 35."

Trevor Evans Nike Prez
"In running, we are seeing brand heat through the running revolution that Mark mentioned. The performance story of Q2 was the incredible impact of the Zoom Vaporfly 4% and the impact it had in the marketplace, as it dominated the podium at the top six marathons this fall. The energy around the Vaporfly 4% and the ZoomX cushioning has a real impact on the rest of our running business. It shows how truly breakthrough performance product drives distinction and creates demand in the market."

also read this dude who said he tested the Peg Turbo but do take it with a grain of salt:

I wear tested the new turbo Peg. It is really something else. Think it releases late spring/early summer.

How does it compare to the Zoom Vaporfly 4% and the Zoom Fly? I am considering trying the Turbo Pegasus to see if I can use it for speedwork, Tempo runs, and MP long runs in place of the Zoom Fly. I still plan to use the 4% for races..

Perfect for tempo and longer mp runs. I wouldnt use it for speed work- go streak 6 (new modified version coming this year as well- different upper) or streak LT4 (releases this week) for faster stuff. The ride in the turbo is not as "squishy" as the vf4, and is slightly more firm than the fly. Think they'll go over well. Of course, so many times I've tried new prototypes as a wear tester, and the finished product is nothing like what I wore.

Great find rfx45 rfx45
Nice to hear what a tester thinks of the Pegasus turbo. Also nice to know that they are not changing the Streak 7 much from the Streak 6.

Looking forward to the Streak 7, athough it's making it harder to justify buying the new Barely Grey/Fuchsia Blast/Deep Jungle Streak 6. If I buy that, it would be my 5th Streak 6....

Back
Top Bottom