Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Any word if they are going to add more rubber on the heel of the 4%? I can't see spending that much on a shoe knowing the heel is going to wear out well before the rest of the shoe.

Any word if they are going to add more rubber on the heel of the 4%? I can't see spending that much on a shoe knowing the heel is going to wear out well before the rest of the shoe.

Prob a discussion for the VF thread, but I really don't think so. Rubber is heavy. The picks of the flyknits we've seen have the exact same outsole as the original.

AJ4114-140

AJ4114-140_105-024802_1.jpg
AJ4114-140_105-024802_2.jpg

Last edited:
Went locally to try and find a place that sold the Pegasus Turbos and ended up coming home with 3 pairs of Brooks for cheaper than buying the Turbos. I got the Brooks Levitate 2, Glycerin 15, and Hyperion all for 180 out the door. So far the Levitate 2 feels like the epic reacts but more supportive.

You might dig the UA Hovr Sonic, if you like the Levitate. And watch out for the hem in the L2, if you don't run with high socks.

Those look good! BUT, I’m not paying retail. I’ll admit the strip is starting to grow on me... I hope we get these on iD! I wanna order a GT40-esque design.

Pegasus 35 Zoom Turbo is at DSG.com (abbreviated - DLCKS's Sporting Goods); for $165.00 after discount for preorder; to get the discount of both colors $15 off, make 2 transactions

Saw an all-red (upper and midsole) Peg 35 with a black swoosh at Finish Line yesterday. Wish I'd taken a picture because I can't find info anywhere. It's like it doesn't exist...

I decided to wear the Turbos for my 2.5hr long run this morning. This run is all on pavement and I've been doing it in VF4% since January. The Turbos felt really good. I go medium pace for the first 2/3 and I think that's the sweet spot for these shoes for me. This run is too fast for Epic React and too long and hard for regular Pegasus or even ZF. Turbos get a thumbs up for it though. I'm thinking about maybe alternating between VF4% and the Turbo from now on for this. The final 1/3 or 1/4 I usually pick up the pace to just under MP, and that's where I really noticed the difference between Turbo and VF4%. With the Turbo, I was starting to feel the road/pavement more and my feet, forefoot in particular, started to get fatigued, more so than in the VF. But the cushioning and protection was good, didn't feel much more banged up after than I would in the VF.

upload_2018-8-5_17-14-42.png

My goodness who the hell are you running from getz_racer getz_racer ?!

Mediocrity :smile: is haha!

But really, I ran 2:35 for the marathon back in 2013 and then really stagnated over the last couple years. Ran 2:38, 2:39, 2:41, but then started to really bonk to 2:54, 2:48, 3:14. Last year fall I decided I needed to change how I train for the marathon. Read Keith Livingstone’s book “Healthy Intelligent Training” which gives a great overview of how Arthur Lydiard’s athletes used to do their marathon base training, and I dedicated the winter and spring to doing it. Ran 1:11 for the half and 2:30 for the full and felt strong and under control for those races.

Now I’d like to see how far it can get me for next year. Pipe dream of making the OTQ standard of 2:19 maybe at Chicago next year (2019).

That long run might seem fast but my avg HR was 151 BPM. My lactate threshold HR is 173/174 so it was well under control. Also, only drank water, no gels or Gatorade, teaching the body to burn fat and deal with glycogen depletion. It’s all in the book. I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about running a good marathon!

I decided to wear the Turbos for my 2.5hr long run this morning. This run is all on pavement and I've been doing it in VF4% since January. The Turbos felt really good. I go medium pace for the first 2/3 and I think that's the sweet spot for these shoes for me. This run is too fast for Epic React and too long and hard for regular Pegasus or even ZF. Turbos get a thumbs up for it though. I'm thinking about maybe alternating between VF4% and the Turbo from now on for this. The final 1/3 or 1/4 I usually pick up the pace to just under MP, and that's where I really noticed the difference between Turbo and VF4%. With the Turbo, I was starting to feel the road/pavement more and my feet, forefoot in particular, started to get fatigued, more so than in the VF. But the cushioning and protection was good, didn't feel much more banged up after than I would in the VF.

upload_2018-8-5_17-14-42.png
WTF! Here I was happy with my little *** 7 mile run.

Any size 13 or 14s in here? My brother is a big runner and asked the weight. I saw 8.1 oz but doubt the bigger sizes maintain that weight. He thinks the Fly is the best shoe he’s ever used, and I told him to give these a look.

I REALLY want to get a pair of the Red E10s and swap them onto a White/Red ZF sole for performance :nerd: The Black tongue on them makes me like them A LOT!

Made the trek down to Beaverton to get the Turbos. Shout out to Nike Clearance Store for coming through for the $10 running socks haha.
6DF92E07-4C53-464C-B0E0-80ED7B9A74B3.jpeg

$15 off + 10% eBates on DSG for the Pegasus Turbo. Not a bad deal for those on the fence due to price. Free returns on footwear as well. $148 shipped if you live in state with no tax
Nice deal. I haven't been paying attention, but I guess the Pegasus Turbos are sitting everywhere? I copped off NDC, and maybe I'll return them now and cop on sale

$15 off + 10% eBates on DSG for the Pegasus Turbo. Not a bad deal for those on the fence due to price. Free returns on footwear as well. $148 shipped if you live in state with no tax
Do they do returns after you run in them like Nike:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom