Nike Air Safari ID 5/22/2012

Received my snkrs pair today, looking a lot like your pair superblytrife. The leather on the toe box just creases very easily which I figured they would. These are going back anyways as the pair from Notre I'm still waiting on were $30+ cheaper.
safaris.jpg

Received my snkrs pair today, looking a lot like your pair superblytrife. The leather on the toe box just creases very easily which I figured they would. These are going back anyways as the pair from Notre I'm still waiting on were $30+ cheaper.
safaris.jpg

That looks horrible, if the other toebox looked like that it wouldn't be as bad.

safaris.jpg

Shame. That looks awful.

I hope my Notre pair (which is coming next week) has a good toe box. As in both either smooth or both and tumbled-ish. Not like in the photo, in which I agree that it looks bad.

Yeah if both shoes looked like that it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. Still ridiculous that shoes like that get the green light, but I could probably live with them if they matched.

Came home to my NDC delivery...

Minimal precreasing in my left shoe. #notbad
B19E54AB-286B-4B48-BB4F-F36BBB9DFF72.jpeg

Now, I’m waiting on my Notre pair to come in. Essentially, I want to keep the best pair then return the NDC pair.

7823C1A4-A17E-4D96-BA31-26595582F9C2.jpeg
Finally got around to opening up my DSM pair. The QC on this release was pretty bad. DSM pair is much better than the SNKRS.

The toe wrap on the SNKRS pair is just wonky and uneven. Pics might not do it justice.

Shame to see quality so poor....i dont think its QC as much as quality of materials used..

My 11' pair that was covered in snow last time i wore them a few years ago on an NYC guys trip in the winter... they've held up really well

HcIIB9ll.jpg

Creasing is expected but hard to swallow out of the box ...=\
cAqgyrkl.jpg

via IG
E382A086-41A0-4709-887F-C897AD153C4F.jpeg

Somewhat related.... lol I can’t wait to get the TB cw in! I hope they feel like an enhanced Peg33/34 on the run!

So those of you that have worn your pairs are saying that if they came DS with the wrinkles on the toe box then after one wear they will look beat like one of the posters above showed after 4 hours of wear.
I guess I’ll hold on to my second pir until I wear my first then if they crease up badly I can send them back.
I wonder if its the leather they used or a serious QC issue either way its a legit reason to send back even after wearing

Last edited:
Got my Notre pair in, guess I’m a part of team mismatched precrease. If Nike restocks might have to buy another pair. I have wide feet and they fit me a bit narrow also, don’t know if I’d want a half size up though. May try stretching them out.

EEE6337E-2513-48A4-B578-A415A6807D66.jpeg 29E0BFCE-9868-446E-A717-661ABF552A3F.jpeg

I feel like my 03 pair had a grey midsole. What did the originals have? White or light grey?

Tried my shoes on with thinner insoles and they feel a little better. I use Spenco RX Comfort Insoles whenever shoes feel a bit tight.

Back
Top Bottom