Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

They are OG cws.

Yup....makes sense then as it's been the only upcoming retro colorway I've liked aside from the Solar-Reds. Right on par.

sping91180_2-jpg.2722431

Alright my Structure experts....what did they butcher on these Solars compared to the OG's? Was the insole always just a swoosh?

I'm not a Structure expert.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Alright my Structure experts....what did they butcher on these Solars compared to the OG's?
the tongue on the 2021 retro is shorter and also less wide compared to the OG and also the perforation on the mesh is different and also larger compared to the OGs

they changed the liner behind the tongue to infrared

Insole swoosh is also now black when it was teal in 2008. I hope the 2021 is a little more comfortable than the 2008, had to switch insoles because the one provided was just flat rubber and the midsole was rock hard.

I still have a DS pair from 2008 thinking Nike would never retro them again, 😅

Hoping for a better toe box, but I'll buy them either way. Still have mine from '08. Beaters now, but always thought that 90's runners look best with a little wear and tear...

Will be interesting to see if the toebox will be more "structured"(ironic with the name of the shoe) than the 2007 release. The toebox mesh and synthetic suede is so thin thus the heavily wrinkled look. Also the sizing, I sized down to a 9(I'm normally between a 9.5-10) to get the right fit.

Like the infrared lined tongue over the black on the '07s and hopefully they improved the paint durability on the '21's. Hard to see in the photos, but the white paint on the midsole pretty much have rubbed off. I worn them a hand full of times when I got them in '07, but haven't worn them much since.

structure1.jpg

structure2.jpg

i love how da general public have zero interest for classic air max's

all that means is heavy discounts for me

Back
Top Bottom