Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

I would hope for the vivid blues. Anyone have a release date...or is it possible they will come out in '21 for the 30th anniversary?

Attachments

• 070f8d47e88b1ae4cf39af338e665c1a_listingImg_QDZm1xQb7T.jpg
    070f8d47e88b1ae4cf39af338e665c1a_listingImg_QDZm1xQb7T.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Hoping the paint doesn't flake off as easily and that they're a little more comfortable. Insoles were thin rubber and the footbed felt absolutely rock hard.

Listed as coming soon, but no date yet

^you and I both, brother. Brimming with optimism of the AM90 infrared release (prob misguided), I keep my expectations high for improved materials. And let’s not forget that sole feeling a bit like plywood...

wouldn’t be shocked if these are a limited or overseas release, though.

I hope they fixed the flimsy mesh toe box and the midsole cracking. Im in for a pair either way though.

Man that last retro was straight up terrible, from the materials to the wild oversized fit. I remember being so disappointed when they finally came in. :lol:

These have gotta be better, I’d imagine.

I remember people claiming that OGs also had this flimsy toebox, so Nike apparently did a good job in recreating them. Got used to it quite fast.

They def ran long, I never had to size down on a shoe except for these (only .5 though).

IMG_20201206_141550_878.jpg

Recent wear.

Agreed about how big these shoes ran, I can wear a 10.5 comfortably and I remember being able to wear a 10 for one of them and still having a little bit of room 😂.

Arguably one of the most versatile sneakers to wear: the teal and infrared add just enough pop to complement the white and black and people usually do a double take when they see the intentionally mismatched colors.

I'm guessing they've changed the midsole color to not have the metallic finish (2008s had "Metallic Summit White" as the color).

Had these in 08 & love this shoe! The toe wrinkling & paint chipping drove me crazy though.
I beat em into the ground & left them on the porch one day after I stepped on a nail helping out around the house. Next time I came home from college my uncle had em on cuttting grass. lol probably still wearing em.

I watched another pair on ebay for years but they were like $375 & I couldn't do it. I'm all in on these

Back
Top Bottom