Nike Air Total Max Uptempo Retro - Black/Volt - First Look (Actual Pic)

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

i can easily get these on the 30, but i just can't make myself like these. not even for $116 or w/e the discounted price would be.
Same here. All FL's I've been to have them, people were just walking right by them.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

^
nike made their money before the shoe ever hit the store

Don't get my argument confused with that other guy... I'm not saying that Nike is tired of losing money... They're making money, but they want tocontinue to INCREASE profits (as all public companies do). What I'm saying is that Nike doesn't want their Retro products sitting on shelves longenough to require deep discounts anymore. You have to understand how their business model works in order to understand why.

Basically a lot of their retros get sold through small chains and 1-off Mom & Pop stores. Those stores have limited purchasing budgets. If thoseretailers' money is all tied up in shoes that they can't sell (b/c the market is flooded and supply is greater than demand) then they will have toreduce the amount that they spend on future purchase orders. Nike wants to avoid this scenario. They want a constant and predictable flow of product throughtheir independent retailers. And if retailers can't buy future products then Nike will be forced to produce fewer anyway (which may already be happeningnow). Retail 101.

Besides that Nike retro also thrives off an image of exclusivity, therefore it is bad for their image if their shoes don't sell out immediately. That's how they keep you dishing out top dollar for their stuff. Then they can raise the price on what they charge their retailers, who in turn raise theprice on you. Marketing 101.

nike done it to me once again...droppin a sneaker early..damn i want these but i just dropped 250 on a new phone..life sucks man..hopefully theyll still be inthe 804 spot til the end of this month..which i doubted

So is there any solid story on these? Will they be all over saturated? Or fewer numbers like some people are claiming....anyone have any real info.

These are out!!! My Jersey heads know.

These hit footlockers and such stores already. I tried to pull a fast one and cop with the 50% today but got caught lol. Instead got some 95s. These will becopped with a 30% or maybe 40% at niketown ES.

These have hit the Bay Area at Shiekh. I looked at them and was on the fence. Bout to go back for a second peek. Lol. Went for the second peek and decided topass. They are so bulky.

My dude had them on today....
tired.gif
...dude beasted...

Copped my pair today... pics don't really do these justice at all.

FYI, for everyone who thinks these have been mass-produced.... I know for a fact that HOH Chicago only got 24 pairs.

Take it for what its worth.

these are fire in person....almost picked up a pair today, but I dont want to pay retail...

didnt know they were releasing these this early.. im late as hell... employee 50% is this weekend i might just go ahead and hit my boy up.. and go on the huntfor these tomorrow afternoon

Originally Posted by solezprogression

dtb00201 wrote:

^

nike made their money before the shoe ever hit the store

Don't get my argument confused with that other guy... I'm not saying that Nike is tired of losing money... They're making money, but they want to
continue to INCREASE profits (as all public companies do). What I'm saying is that Nike doesn't want their Retro products sitting on shelves long
enough to require deep discounts anymore. You have to understand how their business model works in order to understand why.

Basically a lot of their retros get sold through small chains and 1-off Mom & Pop stores. Those stores have limited purchasing budgets. If those
retailers' money is all tied up in shoes that they can't sell (b/c the market is flooded and supply is greater than demand) then they will have to
reduce the amount that they spend on future purchase orders. Nike wants to avoid this scenario. They want a constant and predictable flow of product through
their independent retailers. And if retailers can't buy future products then Nike will be forced to produce fewer anyway (which may already be happening
now). Retail 101.

Besides that Nike retro also thrives off an image of exclusivity, therefore it is bad for their image if their shoes don't sell out immediately.
That's how they keep you dishing out top dollar for their stuff. Then they can raise the price on what they charge their retailers, who in turn raise the
price on you. Marketing 101.

solezp dropping knowledge...
pimp.gif

Man.......I'm waiting on the black and silver ones. Do anyone know when these suppose to drop?

Back
Top Bottom