NIKE AIR TRAINER 1.2 MID....Fall '10 PICS****

Had all these waiting at the house this afternoon:

Here's some close-ups of the Kobes:

and some close-ups of my Bo's:

Originally Posted by johngotty

^ I don't review sneakers but I really think these are high up there in comfort, next to AM09's and 2010 Trainer SCs. I have at least 5-6 prs (not including doubles).
Cool, thanks.  I know most people on here complain way too much about sneakers so I figured things were being blown out of proportion.  
Just picked up a pair on eBay for $61 shipped, I'll take it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Y2dV7JhSGrB4oqdEE%3D&viewitem=#ht_6735wt_1139

Nikestore dropped the price on some Fuse 1.2s to a decent $65.97 - varsity red/silver and retro/black (retro's like the teal blue). FSR on the red, select sizes on the teal (these are awesome btw).

Wish I saw the red pair in person.

Sample Polamalu

img00831201011151421.jpg

Eastbay has all of their 1.2s on sale now except the Pacmans.  Just find a code and save more for a better deal.

Originally Posted by elrodo33

Eastbay has all of their 1.2s on sale now except the Pacmans.  Just find a code and save more for a better deal.
i woke up to see all the winterized tr 1.2s were on sale. I may wait until the thick of winter or as its approaching a close and buy below $40. Thats less than 2 months out and they are ready to drop in price. I love it.

Every single fuse tr1.2 max appears to have a FSR still and are currently on sale at $85. What a time to be a trainer fan on a budget. As some spend $300 on one pair of lebrons, trainers fans can extend their budget into 6, maybe 7 models on a mere $300 bucks
pimp.gif

^ agreed. There's models I sort of wish i had waited on but that's fine. Now i can get a double and put the first pair through the paces.

I went to the mall yesterday and Chloro's were still on the shelves @ Champs and a local chain. No markdown. Other colorways were on sale.

But at the same time Nike will see this as "poor demand" for trainers and might scale-back future trainer releases.

Woah! So glad I waited on the Winter TRs. I was at NTNY and inspected them...the materials are GREAT. Would pull the trigger on them but I have a feeling they'll be sitting around for a bit - will wait for the next 30% or until after Christmas when the 20% discounted giftcards become valid.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

But at the same time Nike will see this as "poor demand" for trainers and might scale-back future trainer releases.

Yeah, a scale-back is inevitable. They came so quick and heavy with releases starting in june 09, it's been a struggle to keep up. I sometimes wish they could go back in time, and just do something like this
http://www.nikeblog.com/2010/10/11/nike-v-series-retro-at-heart-running-shoes/
6 initial releases with a mix of good quality retros and new models. Then have the spawning of new colorways off of those.

Spring 2011 has a $100 hyperfuse max tr, with a few other carry over models. Summer 2011 just has some new colorways of various things, with a new free tr2.

I think the scaling back will come just as quick and heavy as they got these shoes released. We can almost look back on these two years as "the years Nike remembered they invented cross training". Can anyone recall off the top of their head without much thought what we had for cross trainers from 2001 to 2008? Any true notables? I can think of one or two. I can proudly say within the past two years, these 2010 tr1.2s are "notable". If not for the hundreds of PE colorways and other GRs, theyve created a good shoe here. What Nike could barely do from 2001 to 2008 in creating notable shoes, they've accomplished that same feat in just two. I hope the end isnt near.
----------

In other news, these photos have been out for awhile but I didnt see them here. Manny boxing boot tr1.2
nike-trainer-1-2-low-manny-pacquiao-collection-3.jpg

Here's a link I shared with Sinnerp a couple weeks back. I wish NIKE USA went full scale with the marketing side of cross training shoes in a gym setting.
I challenge anyone to check out the shoes random people are wearing at your local gym. It's likely to consist of primarly running shoes. The same problem Tinker tried to fix back in the mid 80s, is still being done today. Maybe two sets of shoes is not the burden that Tinker thought it was. I see far too many people changing shoes or carrying stuff at the gym, as if that is acceptable

http://sports.sina.com.cn/nike/2010-10-22/11325263450.shtml
I dont know the language but through a translation site, it seems like there was an event for local athletes to go through some test runs with tr1.2s on their feet
U3231P6T12D5263450F44DT20101022113203.JPG

photo gallery
http://slide.sports.sina.com.cn/shoe/slide_2_808_5408.html

It almost brings a tear to my eye

Finally got my pair in, after one wear for a few hours I think these are comfortable as hell.  Didn't need any breaking in either.  

Yes, they dropped way way too many all at once and oversaturated things. But that's also why I'm picking up as many backups as I can, just in case they don't do huge release like this again. I'll have enough 1.2s, SC 2010's and, eventually, TR1+s. I literally wear Trainers every day and it feels like when I was a shorty and Bo first hit the scene.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Yes, they dropped way way too many all at once and oversaturated things. But that's also why I'm picking up as many backups as I can, just in case they don't do huge release like this again. I'll have enough 1.2s, SC 2010's and, eventually, TR1+s. I literally wear Trainers every day and it feels like when I was a shorty and Bo first hit the scene.

Same here. Stocking up now before they disappear. I felt I needed to chill out with the buying but with all three Winter TR 1.2s dropping in price, it doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon. UGH!

If anyone wants to check out some photos of the shoes that were raffled off a few months ago, one seller on ebay has three different pairs. Some nice upclose shots too. That may be all the common person gets to see out of those.

How you get three of the 12 sets........ I'd have to call in NTNY's raffle integrity into this.

Gentlemen.....coupla questions for you....

First, I saw the sample Polamalu's...are those PE?  Or will they be made available at some point?

I train in the SC 2010's - and own this colorway:

nike-trainer-1-2-mid-white-volt.jpg

And am considering this colorway - does anyone own this colorway? Is that silver really pronounced?

Nike-Trainer-1.2-Mid-%E2%80%93-Black-Metallic-Silver.jpg

Thank you.

I think its (the silver) fairly pronounced.  I don't care for it and think its kinda cheesy, but to each their own.  If you can find 'em now, many colorways are pretty heavily discounted as noted by Wally and some of the other regulars.  All comes down to sizes and colorways.  I am continuing to beat down my Chloros playing paddle tennis, and don't imagine there will be much toe after the winter.  Fortunately I grabbed a few other pair in different cws on the cheap.  Good luck.

When you say not much toe left, are you talking about like a toe drag issue with the materials on the upper? or on the outsole with the gripe?

Those black silvers are $50 at finishline.com. Not a bad price at all. I would possibly consider the other black silvers available at shoezoo.com (sz 13 only)
Or for an even better deal Ebay Item number:270590945799 . 2005 era ZOOM air trainers. Top notch materials

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

When you say not much toe left, are you talking about like a toe drag issue with the materials on the upper? or on the outsole with the gripe?

Those black silvers are $50 at finishline.com. Not a bad price at all. I would possibly consider the other black silvers available at shoezoo.com (sz 13 only)
Or for an even better deal Ebay Item number:270590945799 . 2005 era ZOOM air trainers. Top notch materials
A combination of both actually.  The nubuck grey portion on the top of the toe box has some nice scrapes already, and the rubber toe cap portion has some grind on it as well.  Given the surface and the nature of the game, it is to be expected.  These are a heck of a lot better equipped to handle that than the Trainer 1s from last year.

Just a quick note - not sure who is behind NikeStore on Twitter but he/she helped me located the Livestrong's in a 13 all the way out in California...really good stuff

frown.gif
^ Hopefully Nike won't, but then again, seems scaling back could be good and bad for a fan.

Deals are obviously nice, but limited releases help preserve the trainer's classic status.

Back
Top Bottom