NIKE AIR TRAINER 1.2 MID....Fall '10 PICS****

^ Supposedly. Still very sought after. I was lucky enough to get my pair during Eastbay's initial release.

^yea in the seattle area, i've seen these in a few spots, but sizes are hit or miss, one store i know is just sitting on a sz 8.5, but when i went to another one, they had a bunch....i'm glad i have my sz 9.5 as well =)

wow, some griffeys are still out there.  does anyone have the sku #s for the griffeys at places where you can order them in store from another store
(like Champs or somewhere)?

I have tried to order Griffeys through Champs and they are out. The only pair I know of available in my size right now is on Ebay and the Buy It Now is 499.00. Yes I typed that right 499 bucks. So I guess I missed out on those cuz I aint paying 500 for them.

pretty odd how they aren't popping up, because i literally went to a few different champs sports last week, and held a pair in each of the stores, just to see what sizes were on display

i held a 8.5 and a 10.5, just PM me if you want me to look around the area fo ryou guys

My pair from 6pm.com arrived today:
2hev6kk.jpg

Let's just say, i'm glad they were on sale. Nike trying to pawn these off as $90 dollar shoes is funny..
Whole upper is the fake material which was expected
Toebox is clunky just like the zoom tennis trainer.. Again expected.. But that shoe retailed for $85 with zoom air in two places.
-You can feel right away that the insole is creating all of the "cushioning" feedback. Cheap-O status
-The laces go through UNDER the strap.. Was the strap an after thought? No trainer in my time has had the laces go past the strap. The very last loop should be right where the strap begins. Here it goes past that.
Most notable omission is the lack of a lace lock at the top of the loops. We've basically known since photos came out months ago, but when you finally see something with your own eyes, you notice those things.

The shoe itself doesnt feel very flexible or free motion like, compared to other models in their brand new state. They seem just about on par in flexibility with the zoom trainer or any other shoe... Maybe in their broken in state they are more flexible. Has anyone broken them in? These may remain a last option training shoe but I'll give them a chance this weekend

totally irrelevant, but you can just start the lacing right about the strap.....i know it defeats the purpose, but you can.....

^good looks. I'll do just that. Shoe takes some breaking in. More impressions after this weekend.

PRICE alert
  shoezoo.com has sz 12 &13 (the main sizes eastbay doesn't have) for $69.90 shipped. Best deal currently out there for those sizes

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

My pair from 6pm.com arrived today:

Let's just say, i'm glad they were on sale. Nike trying to pawn these off as $90 dollar shoes is funny..
Whole upper is the fake material which was expected

The shoe itself doesnt feel very flexible or free motion like, compared to other models in their brand new state. They seem just about on par in flexibility with the zoom trainer or any other shoe... Maybe in their broken in state they are more flexible. Has anyone broken them in? These may remain a last option training shoe but I'll give them a chance this weekend
Wally, I love mine....

30li2ph.jpg

Got mine back in August and have worn them for light running and for court sports (volleyball, basketball).  One of my favorite releases this year.  They are flexible when u put them to work.

Gotta say, in spite of the "cheapness" and relative lack of innovation in this shoe that Wally has pointed out, it still remains one of my favorites in a long time.  For all the fellow trainerheads out there, is it safe to say at this point, that the Chloro 1.2 colorway is drying up rather quickly online, in store, and wherever else you grab your trainers?  I have found a few in my size here and there, but not many, and it doesn't seem to be something that is going to be re-stocked.  Unable to find any of the white/grey/volt in my size.  I am typically not that greedy or intent on grabbing multiple pairs of anything- pretty content with one of each colorway I like, but I wonder if I should scoop up another pair or 2 because these may be difficult to come by in another 6-12 months once the first ones are beat down.  Anyways, feel free to comment on availability and any thoughts on re-stocks, re-emergence of these in outlets/elsewhere once all the dust clears with the 1.2. 

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Gotta say, in spite of the "cheapness" and relative lack of innovation in this shoe that Wally has pointed out, it still remains one of my favorites in a long time.  For all the fellow trainerheads out there, is it safe to say at this point, that the Chloro 1.2 colorway is drying up rather quickly online, in store, and wherever else you grab your trainers?  I have found a few in my size here and there, but not many, and it doesn't seem to be something that is going to be re-stocked.  Unable to find any of the white/grey/volt in my size.  I am typically not that greedy or intent on grabbing multiple pairs of anything- pretty content with one of each colorway I like, but I wonder if I should scoop up another pair or 2 because these may be difficult to come by in another 6-12 months once the first ones are beat down.  Anyways, feel free to comment on availability and any thoughts on re-stocks, re-emergence of these in outlets/elsewhere once all the dust clears with the 1.2. 
I agree with you on these man.  I ordered a backup pair of Chloros last night.  I think these have classic potential and I had to have a backup pair cuz I am gonna beat this first pair down.  I really like them.

I just caught a restock on the Bo Jackson pair on Eastbay in a size 12. Went ahead and copped it for a backup. I guess I will start wearing mine a little more now.

Eastbay has the black and red Pacquiaos up today. They are NOT excluded from discounts either.

Hey Gotty,

Long time no talk, lol. You might want to try the Jeffersonville, OH outlet. I was there last Sunday, and I'm almost POSITIVE they had those there in a decent size run. I know they had a few colorways (Black upper/White midsole, and a white/grey/royal swoosh that David Wright wore).

hth,
J

headsup/ deal of the day

ebay has some random sizes of the chlorophylls for $59.99 plus shipping with the ability to send in an offer price.

Some places are getting cheaper but not many. sz 9, 9.5, 11, 11.5, 13, 14... Only a 9 and 9.5 are available on eastbay with the chance at using a 20% off coupon.

What up J. Thanks for the insight holmes. I think I'll give'em a call. I've been debating b/w an extra pair of those or a pair of Chloro's but I think I'm going w/a double of those. My first pair is so beat from wearing it's obvious that I like them
laugh.gif

Sad to hear these getting such poor reviews, visually they are outstanding IMO.  Going to try and find a pair for $50 on eBay sooner or later.  

^ I don't review sneakers but I really think these are high up there in comfort, next to AM09's and 2010 Trainer SCs. I have at least 5-6 prs (not including doubles).

^^I agree with you man. I love this shoe. The comfort level is insane. I think these and the SC 2010s are two of the most comfortable and light models I have ever worn. This shoe would be great for any sport you throw at it.

Meant to post this a few weeks back.  As much as I thought I loved last years Trainer 1s, all 5 of these surpass the love I have for the Johnny Mac and Cactus/greys from last year.
ef516f42c3d7fcbaa9566c81918b4c6f4e0c0980.pjpg

Back
Top Bottom