Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

So I'm guessing buying a DS pair of AT3s from '03 would be throwing money away b/c they'd crumble instantly, right? Someone talk me off the purchase ledge.

So I'm guessing buying a DS pair of AT3s from '03 would be throwing money away b/c they'd crumble instantly, right? Someone talk me off the purchase ledge.

Don't do it man...a waste! I have a 2001 Navy (OG colorway). Wore them a few times before they started crumbling; and that was a few years ago, so about the same age as the '03s you're talking about.

Don't do it man...a waste! I have a 2001 Navy (OG colorway). Wore them a few times before they started crumbling; and that was a few years ago, so about the same age as the '03s you're talking about.

Haha just wanted some confirmation that I had the right idea. The price is dumb cheap, but probably so for a reason! Thanks for the insight.

Yeah. No way. Maybe try a sole swap or just as a collection piece.

basic time table on 2000 at1s was about 13-14 years 2013ish is when they started to crumble. I think my 2000 med balls and 03 era white grey red lasted a solid 10-12 too. And now my 2004 at1s are crumble juice. They were probably bad 3-4 years back. I just never wore them enough. 10-13 is that end of the line mark imho.

Over the years, they have said barely worn was better since the foam got to move around a bit. They said visible air was bad. They say conditions of storage matter. 10-13 years bottom line.

my 12 at1 chlorophylls, 09 Auburn’s, and 14 med balls are decent. I feel I need to do something quick with the Auburn’s. I got some older trainer max 91 retros I haven’t touched in years. This summer all these will be worn and I’ll get some crumbled shots lol
97 era raider sc highs were donezo by about 2010-2011, same with 99 pimentos. I have yet to see one flourish past 15 years.
The only shoe that I have a bit of faith in are some 04-05 at1 low first takes. Their foam composition is different than the standard at1.

Last edited:
superblytrife superblytrife I have. 2-3 was enough for me to learn that it's a losing battle and money down the drain.

Everything Wally said is about what it is. I have Chlorophylls from 07/08 that I'll wear until they crumble, then find a way to do a sole swap with one of my '12s. Not sure yet, figure I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Best bet is to buy them, wear them, enjoy them then move on.

Wore my 02’s to check out the 20’s and this happened....😡
45FB5E74-4330-47A9-B3BD-516DD923CF2F.jpeg

now I have to go through all my collection and see who is feeling brittle....rock man don’t stock um

Ohh didn’t have those TWs, but I remember the older dope boys rocking them with the swishy Nike suits!

Truth be told that I saw the OG Navy Trainer 3 in the store and wanted them so badly but they didn't have my size so I got the TWs. I never really loved them b/c of that. I even tried cutting a window in the midsole to try to get visible air, which of course failed. Ironically, after all this time, the nostalgia is real, and I'd love to have these back in hand!

• Haha
Reactions: ARK
Anyone get a shipment confirmation in Nike for the Viotech's?

Ordered Monday, got an email today saying the shipment is delayed, and still no estimated date for processing.

Just playing the waiting game for now. My DMP 6s took 14 days to get here, so expecting the same.

damn donjuan513 donjuan513

That's some non air second tier stuff right there

The original air trainer 1 low ALSO didn't feature the strap and also had the lace locks. So this looks 100% to og spec

But why a weird random also og color?

Back
Top Bottom