Nike Air Trainer Max 91 PICS (sneakernews)

309748-103

It looks like premium materials on this one.

Time flies. For its 25th Anniversary, You'd think they would reintroduce this shoe in a proper mold/colorway

6165a3e3_2lnx1j4.jpeg

The OGs were something else. Retros arent close in ANY regard. The 06s, 10s, or the recent 14s. They've been rehashing crap for 10 years now.

WOW!

shape and materials on those OGs are :wow: takes me back to 7th grade. those are 2 totally different shoes. :x

Last edited:
 ​
You're so right @WallyHopp, the OG's were ****** beautiful. The Retros look like horrendous fakes, in comparison. I'm 28 year old fam, so I never had any OG's, but they're still one of my favorite Nike Shoes/trainers of All-Time. I still have the Black/Red '05s & Black/White 10s. They both became beaters though, because they were uncomfortable as hell. I eventually broke em in, by using some cheap pads from Wal-Mart. The paint started cracking really bad on my Black & White's, so I just made them my beaters.
 ​
I was trying to find a pair of the 2014 Black & Whites, to see if the comfort is better. I can't find a pair in my size, for **** though. Since you have a pair, Were they better than the 10s? Or, were they worse?
 ​
Oh, & another question... For @trethousandgt, @ARK27, @CharmCityKid, or anyone who can answer it.
 ​
These are the only pictures I could find of the OG's. But, didn't the OG Black/White have different color blocking on the medial side of the shoe? I was watching an Season 2 episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, & Will was rockin' em.

Last edited:
You're so right @WallyHopp
, the OG's were ****** beautiful. The Retros look like horrendous fakes, in comparison. I'm 28 year old fam, so I never had any OG's, but they're still one of my favorite Nike Shoes/trainers of All-Time. I still have the Black/Red '05s & Black/White 10s. They both became beaters though, because they were uncomfortable as hell. I eventually broke em in, by using some cheap pads from Wal-Mart. The paint started cracking really bad on my Black & White's, so I just made them my beaters.

I was trying to find a pair of the 2014 Black & Whites, to see if the comfort is better. I can't find a pair in my size, for **** though. Since you have a pair, Were they better than the 10s? Or, were they worse?

Oh, & another question... For @trethousandgt
, @ARK27
, @CharmCityKid
, or anyone who can answer it.

These are the only pictures I could find of the OG's. But, didn't the OG Black/White have different color blocking on the medial side of the shoe? I was watching an Season 2 episode of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, & Will was rockin' em.

Yes!! The inner part of the toe bumper was white on the OG's, and it drives me freakin crazy that the retros are all black.

Peace,
J

What do you mean different?
Yes!! The inner part of the toe bumper was white on the OG's, and it drives me freakin crazy that the retros are all black.

Peace,
J
@jshortt just broke it down, & confirmed it @ARK27. Until they make the inner part of the toe bumper white, like on the OG's... Any retro of the Black & White's will be trash. I wish I had of pic of them, to show y'all what I was talkin' about. Nonetheless, take this rep @jshortt!!!

glasses.gif

@jshortt
just broke it down, & confirmed it @ARK27
. Until they make the inner part of the toe bumper white, like on the OG's... Any retro of the Black & White's will be trash. I wish I had of pic of them, to show y'all what I was talkin' about. Nonetheless, take this rep @jshortt
!!!

8)

And the thing that pisses me off the most is that they put the same (correct)toe bumper on the grey/yellow retros, so it's not like they didn't manufacture them at all. The piece exists in retro form, so why not put it on the black pair too?

Peace,
J

Last edited:
 ​
I already know @jshortt. Nike's always cutting corners off of the dumbest ****. 
mean.gif
It's bad enough they remove most of the tech inside of Retros. Then, they go and **** up the design, & color blocking too. I wish they'd focus on making all retros like the OG's, and the just Jordan's. Most of they're new/modern designs are trash IMHO. All of that Flyknit, Hyperfuse BS is ugly as hell. It has always been ugly as helI, & I don't care how comfortable that **** is.
 ​
Repped again @jshortt.
 ​
wink.gif

Last edited:
This is a shoe nike just doesn't have the attention to detail to even bother pulling off in 2016.
They will ruin every pair they ever release via poor shape, poor materials, messed up color choices, removed air bags or flat out horrid comfort.
I cant even look at those tims joints :lol:
If those dropped when BO actually played they would have sold zero units...absolutely none.

Oh, for God's sake's. So they can get the toe bumper right on this random Retro, but not the OG black? FOH

Peace,
J
mean.gif

I know right @jshortt, that's the **** they do that kills me the most. They don't that they can make the changes, with no hassle. They just choose not for from stupid reason. That leather they used is atrocious. As soon as put the shoe on the very first time, that toebox will have multiple creases.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Quote:
This is a shoe Nike just doesn't have the attention to detail to even bother pulling off in 2016.
They will ruin every pair they ever release via poor shape, poor materials, messed up color choices, removed air bags or flat out horrid comfort.
I can't even look at those Tim joints
laugh.gif

If those dropped when BO actually played they would have sold zero units...absolutely none.
Yeah @Titanium Tea... I've pretty much givin' up all hope, on them gettin' this shoe right. There more focused on continuing to butcher Air Jordan Retros now. And those Tim joints are gonna sell zero units,  now in the present.

laugh.gif

:lol: you gotta love when nike puts something together that isnt fly in any decade.
They need to hire someone to slap the idiots that bring this stuff to the desk for approval.
The worst part is that with the Bo knows campaign they can literally pull any inspiration in the known universe and tie it back to the shoe.
Bo knows Lumberjacks
Bo knows rebar
Bo knows fricken funk master flex.
Anything related to bo is a nike story tellers wet dream.

If wet dream is innapropriate for nt someone let me know too

lol you guys. i agree though, the bo line has been taken for granted.

Bo knows the same sandwich that inspires kd colorways. Lol
Bo knows pinrolls
Praying bo doesnt know supreme at this point

Man, I just want the OG Black/White colorway retro'd properly, with good quality. I know I'm asking for too much (not really), but I'll be satisfied then.

Does anyone have any OG pics, of the Black & White colorway? If so, please post them up. It would be much appreciated.

:smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom