Nike Air Up - These are due for a retro

My pair is on the way. :pimp:

Really hoping they decide to drop the black/royal colorway.

Last edited:

I'll cop at 40 
nerd.gif
ppl say things like this a lot but that's the only way I'll cop these just bc it's been 20 years.  i'll wait for a proper retro that will prob never happen.  in the meantime, Nike can cram these up their cramhole.

Got the Way Ups at a deep discount, will wait for these to go on sale too. Not in a rush for a butchered retro.

Yep, I am pretty sure of that too, limited or some unannounced QS. 

Limited because retailers have seen the history of other "VacTech" product and how poorly they have sold...thus, many retailers either didn't buy them or decided to purchase in limited numbers...

They are not a QS...

JM

Limited because retailers have seen the history of other "VacTech" product and how poorly they have sold...thus, many retailers either didn't buy them or decided to purchase in limited numbers...

They are not a QS...

JM

Haven't seen you post in a while.

I'm just surprised so many of them opted to not get them.

What do you think is Nike's motivation for VacTech? Is it just a cheaper production cost than trying to replicate the original with the original materials? If these fail to sell (which it probably already did) do you think there might be a turning point?

What do you think is Nike's motivation for VacTech? Is it just a cheaper production cost than trying to replicate the original with the original materials? If these fail to sell (which it probably already did) do you think there might be a turning point?

Not sure of the thought process...though, don't look for it to continue in any significant way...

And...I post all the time...multiple times per week for sure...

JM

This was the first shoe I bought when I was able to wear men's sizes, beat those things into the ground. Got to see these in person on Saturday and was very disappointed.

Not sure of the thought process...though, don't look for it to continue in any significant way...

JM

Yeah Nike's hubris will eventually get the better of them. If they see those earnings take a dive they'll smarten up.

I know people like to conclude that Nike has most of its consumers under their little spell and don't hold them accountable for the abominations they throw at us, but you can only insult consumers for so long before they snap out of it.

Last edited:
Just a cheap production. plastic is not as expensive than full grain leather, nubuk and other guanine materials. 

Just a cheap production. plastic is not as expensive than full grain leather, nubuk and other guanine materials. 

Nike very rarely uses genuine materials anyway. Even the NSW shoes that are fine right aren't real full grain leather or nubuck.

Yes, unfortunately it's been like this for a while, and probably not going to be fixed in the future.

JM

I'm starting to think that the 1st thing they think before retroing a shoe is "what can we change?"

Unfortunately you might be right, they think what can they change instead of go around forums and sites and actually see what people want  and not only materials wise, but models and colorways as well...

Last edited:
copped from FNL.com with the $20 off promo code....

and forgot how corny they can be when i opened up my confirmation email..... :smh:

^
NSW really killed these.......how can they simply screw up such an easy color blocking!

Both the penny and Pip color way. They reversed the rands that were supposed to be colored with the base color........gives it a goofy zebra effect.

Thank you for saving me some money Gentry! Clown!

Saw these in person for the 1st time today and they are straight garbage. Hoping these are retroed again but the correct way.

Back
Top Bottom