Nike Air Up - These are due for a retro

yup day 0 NTer here - glad someone notices

one word to explain Nike Sportswear - Gentry

You need to check in to the Lurkers thread in General.

I guess what it comes down to is accepting that the shoes are different. Even if a small group of die hard fans complain, they won't change their mind. Remember that back in the early days of the retro era, people were rolling over in their graves when they heard Nike was releasing "retro +" colorways of classic Jordans. It was blasphemy. It still is blasphemy for some. Do I wish they did these true to the OG? Sure. Am I still going to get them? Sure - because it's not the same but it's close and knowing they will never release it true to the OG, it's still better than nothing.

Here's the summer stuff with the "Pippen" Home colorway.  Did see the Penny pair in person the other day, and they aren't bad...if you never had/saw the OG's.  I would've even been fine with the patent swoosh if they had just made the black parts Durabuck. 

Its all trash, no meter how many colorways they are coming up with, its just a major trolling from Nike. 

wow so they really are vac tech smfh wow i thought i was seeing stuff

Last edited:
wow so they really are vac tech smfh wow i thought i was seeing stuff
  I don't think vac tech is really the right term.  They aren't one piece, but they definitely aren't put together like the OG's.  I think they might be a little closer to a hyperfuse build (minus the materials, of course).

Peace,

J

Thanks for the pics J!

Only color way I'm even remotely considering to purchase at a discounted rate are the Pips, although It sucks that they changed the sock liner from black to white...even though I hate white sock liners I'll deal with it if there are no more changes made.

Hopefully they stay true and keep the 33 stitched in the heel, otherwise it's a complete pass on all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics J!

Only color way I'm even remotely considering to purchase at a discounted rate are the Pips, although It sucks that they changed the sock liner from black to white...even though I hate white sock liners I'll deal with it if there are no more changes made.

Hopefully they stay true and keep the 33 stitched in the heel, otherwise it's a complete pass on all.
  No problem.  I can't imagine them putting the OG 33 on there.  I think if you zoom in enough, you can see the "Nike Air," at least on the one in the pic.

Peace,

J

I don't think vac tech is really the right term.  They aren't one piece, but they definitely aren't put together like the OG's.  I think they might be a little closer to a hyperfuse build (minus the materials, of course).

Peace,
   J
very true but i don't think i will be partaking of any pairs

Yep, there will be no 1 or 33 on the back of any of those, and its VacTech all the way, just like the recent Air Force Max.

I will be getting a pair, but should have been made like the kamikaze 2's the white parts leather and the back parts durabuck. Also no need for the patent leather swoosh.

Shoe Carnival 
nerd.gif

Nike in order to redeem yourself from these atrocities we will be willing to except a heartfelt apology along with the black/royal pair released 100% true to form with the #1 on the back. That is all.

Edit* I mean for **** sake some of us HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER 10+ years for this shoe to drop and you do this!!!?????? After all the money I spent with u sons of bichez!!? /rant

Double edit*
By far the most infuriating thing I've heard I believe came from gentrys mouth when he was bastardizing JB something along the lines of "we don't wanna piss off the ppl who have ds ogs so we change ****" LIES! Half this **** u can't even find ds and the few who own ogs guess what???? THEY WANT IT BROUGHT BACK RIGHT THEMSELVES! Multi-billion dollar company and u cutting corners on materials and making UN NECESSARY changes to the shoe then give some BS explanation as to why. it's never gonna be the same fellas! Unless enough of us let it be known...that's the only way. And I'm not talking about just air ups. The entire retro catalogue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom