Nike Air VaporMax

The employees at CDG said that women's 12 is the largest size they make in their vapormaxes

Last edited:
But the cdg was only a women's release, no?
Both men's and women's sizes are listed on the size label. 

But, the men's size is listed above the women's size.

Maybe they were confused?

maybe. what I know, as also discussed here, is you need 1.5 up from your true size and the sizes you see on sites are women's and not men's. if the other way around was the case, the US 12 ons ssense would be a women's US 13.5
Possibly. I simply asked if the sizes listed were men's or women's? 

Just reporting back the answer I received from the CS rep.

I guess I won't know for sure until I receive them.

Repped thanks man. Was able to grab a 12.5

May be in the minority here, but I prefer to size down a 1/2 size with flyknit uppers. Too much extra toe box room just looks a bit sloppy I think, flyknit allows for a snug fit without sacrificing comfort (actually enhanced functionality imo). Tried on my 13 oreos from sivas and they kinda look like boats on my feet lol. I'm probably a true 12.75 fwiw

Thanks for the referral, @xJumpman23x!

Here's my review if you have some time to read: http://niketalk.com/t/646022/nike-air-vapormax/2580#post_27939065

To feed off of what mrdiiing mrdiiing said, he is spot-on since that's what my long review pretty much says in a super-summed up manner. The one thing I would say that's different now 66 miles (107 km) in compared to the review made when I was at 28 miles (45 km) is that the shoe reverts back to being good for casual wear. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but that is truly the case. I remember when I wore these out casually after about putting some early miles in, a casual stroll walking in them didn't feel as great as they did out the box, but running in them has been consistently great (relatively amazing compared to any other Air Max shoes for running, but great compared to a lot of running shoes that fit the "amazing" bill).

To feed off the many posts above regarding breaking them in... Yes, the shoe requires heavy break-in time for the shoes to conform to the best comfort level. You have to really give it some miles (rather than just hours) to have it feel a lot better. I have multiple pairs of the VaporMax, and the one I just started wearing out the box is the Asphalt colorway, which feels good. My "OG" pair (platinum/red) has had multiple wears casually, and it feels great. If you want to unlock the highest potential of comfort in the VaporMax, you put mileage in the shoes, and my Pure Platinum/White colorway is on that whole other level.

Guessing by the choice of footwear you've been using for running, I'm guessing you're a neutral runner. The Zoom All Outs are great shoes, but if you want to compare, the tensile fibers and midsole adds stiffness. The wonderful part is that you will not recognize that part of the Zoom All Outs until after you run in the VaporMax. My review has a comparison between the Zoom All Outs and the VaporMax. The Zoom All Outs, I feel, has a bit more space with the older form of the Flyknit while the VaporMax uses a newer form of the Flyknit that has stretch zones to hug your feet and stretch accordingly as time goes by (that's why TTS has been recommended unless you have a wider foot.)

Although the Flyknit Air Max is a cool shoe, you will find it a bit difficult to run in since the Zoom All Outs has a high energy return whereas the Flyknit Air Max has a high impact protection. Unless you are looking for just pure impact protection, the Flyknit Air Max may not be the best suited shoe for you to run in. The great news about the VaporMax? It gives you both worlds of solid energy return and impact protection.

I hope all of this helps!
pretty spot on to how I felt. The air max flyknit, I ran in last night. Not nearly as soft or "bouncy" as the zoom all out. But they absorbed every little bump in the broken asphalt on the bike path by my house. Almost like a tire. I'm assuming that the vapors are going to be a little softer than the flyknit. On a side note, I totally understand now why everyone loves flyknit. It literally feels like I have a custom shoe for my foot. Even better than the fly mesh on my zoom all outs. I will try and get a pair of the vapors next time, and keep running in the zoom all outs. After I lose another 20 lbs. I'll probably switch over to the air max. But for casual wear, they are soft. Thanks for the help, I'm definitely grabbing a pair of ndc next chance I get.

Not a problem, mrbkkt1 mrbkkt1 ! Yeah, when I first ran in Flyknit, I thought it was great. I'm a fan of structural support, but I'm a bigger fan of minimalism on the upper, and although I was skeptical about it to begin with, it turned out that it works really well!

In other news, I forgot to post my latest pick-ups of the Pale Grey and the "Oreo" colorway in the "Nike Air Revolution" fashion. Kinda beating myself up paying resale once again for shoes (the Oreos) especially with the prices going down for them, but hey, in life, you win some, you lose some.

Damn, I really need to stop taping posters onto my wall...

33813173133_cf5b6efb91_c.jpg

34237155990_75938a922e_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
I'm noticing some clouding up on certain sections of my Asphalts and Platinums. I've worn both pair. What's interesting is it goes away when I compress that area of the air bag. I'm beginning to think it some sort of sign of stress where the air bag flexes. Does anyone else notice this on their worn pairs?

Last edited:
Kinda beating myself up paying resale once again for shoes (the Oreos) especially with the prices going down for them, but hey, in life, you win some, you lose some.

Prices on Oreos are dropping but they will climb again once all the pairs dry up. Plus this CW will not see massive restock.

Sup everyone, havent been on NT in a long time but wanted to get back and mention how amazing i find these.  IMO best new sneaker of 2017 so far.  I got the pure plats (sad i slept on what they now call the OGs and the ids) but i got hte black ids coming and recently scooped oreo in 11.5 (have a 12.5 for sale i know really rare haha).

Curious if you guys also feel that the pale gray and pure plats are really really similar and also i saw various thigns about the sizing, i went pretty true to size and feels liek a little bit of room.  Haven t been able to try half down in an 11 but i would have to think they amybe too tight since most people are saying half up

Prices on Oreos are dropping but they will climb again once all the pairs dry up. Plus this CW will not see massive restock.

Haha, so there IS a good side to it!

I'm noticing some clouding up on certain sections of my Asphalts and Platinums. I've worn both pair. What's interesting is it goes away when I compress that area of the air bag. I'm beginning to think it some sort of sign of stress where the air bag flexes. Does anyone else notice this on their worn pairs?

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2434031

Yeah, it happens to everyone. I don't know how to really describe it, but because our heels tend to push down heaviest towards the center of the heel, the clouding/fogging happens there.

Haha, so there IS a good side to it!
Yeah, it happens to everyone. I don't know how to really describe it, but because our heels tend to push down heaviest towards the center of the heel, the clouding/fogging happens there.

Yep, that's where I'm seeing it. Nothing on the forefoot though. I'm must say these are breaking in nicely. I love how comfortable these are getting.

Repped thanks man. Was able to grab a 12.5

May be in the minority here, but I prefer to size down a 1/2 size with flyknit uppers. Too much extra toe box room just looks a bit sloppy I think, flyknit allows for a snug fit without sacrificing comfort (actually enhanced functionality imo). Tried on my 13 oreos from sivas and they kinda look like boats on my feet lol. I'm probably a true 12.75 fwiw

Great, hope you enjoy them man! You sized down? Wow, could never do that with this model, have wide feet though.

Interesting, didn't get that so far with any of my worn pairs. I read about this again, not sure if it was here or elsewhere. The poster was saying they used hair dryer and it went away...not sure of this would work though.

Oreos came in today. I don't believe I'm saying this after how much I chased to get one pair for retail, but now that I have them in hand, although they are amazing, I may prefer the pale grey.

Yeah, I've got the same on my plats... Figure its a sign of wear but I didn't pay it much mind seeing as Nike did so much wear testing; maybe it's just an issue with the TPU?

Last edited:
Finally got the Asphalts in.

Wore them when I went to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, very comfortable.

Gonna use them as my workout shoe this week.

Looking forward to the triple black release next month.

Hopefully they aren't a pain to cop.

Back
Top Bottom