Nike Air VaporMax

^ it was only like size 8, 11, 14, and something else when I checked on it a few minutes after it was posted.

If the asphalts are selling out instantly every restock, the blacks in June are going to be no different [emoji]128584[/emoji]

Last edited:
OK. Silly question. But how are these for running? I recently started running again, and was using my zoom all outs. Those were great. I ordered a pair of flyknit air max off the clearance the other day. But I'm curious as to the actual running performance in these. Keep in mind, I weigh 190, so they are going to get compressed.

Thanks for the referral, @xJumpman23x!

Here's my review if you have some time to read: http://niketalk.com/t/646022/nike-air-vapormax/2580#post_27939065

To feed off of what mrdiiing mrdiiing said, he is spot-on since that's what my long review pretty much says in a super-summed up manner. The one thing I would say that's different now 66 miles (107 km) in compared to the review made when I was at 28 miles (45 km) is that the shoe reverts back to being good for casual wear. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but that is truly the case. I remember when I wore these out casually after about putting some early miles in, a casual stroll walking in them didn't feel as great as they did out the box, but running in them has been consistently great (relatively amazing compared to any other Air Max shoes for running, but great compared to a lot of running shoes that fit the "amazing" bill).

To feed off the many posts above regarding breaking them in... Yes, the shoe requires heavy break-in time for the shoes to conform to the best comfort level. You have to really give it some miles (rather than just hours) to have it feel a lot better. I have multiple pairs of the VaporMax, and the one I just started wearing out the box is the Asphalt colorway, which feels good. My "OG" pair (platinum/red) has had multiple wears casually, and it feels great. If you want to unlock the highest potential of comfort in the VaporMax, you put mileage in the shoes, and my Pure Platinum/White colorway is on that whole other level.

Guessing by the choice of footwear you've been using for running, I'm guessing you're a neutral runner. The Zoom All Outs are great shoes, but if you want to compare, the tensile fibers and midsole adds stiffness. The wonderful part is that you will not recognize that part of the Zoom All Outs until after you run in the VaporMax. My review has a comparison between the Zoom All Outs and the VaporMax. The Zoom All Outs, I feel, has a bit more space with the older form of the Flyknit while the VaporMax uses a newer form of the Flyknit that has stretch zones to hug your feet and stretch accordingly as time goes by (that's why TTS has been recommended unless you have a wider foot.)

Although the Flyknit Air Max is a cool shoe, you will find it a bit difficult to run in since the Zoom All Outs has a high energy return whereas the Flyknit Air Max has a high impact protection. Unless you are looking for just pure impact protection, the Flyknit Air Max may not be the best suited shoe for you to run in. The great news about the VaporMax? It gives you both worlds of solid energy return and impact protection.

I hope all of this helps!

Last edited:

So if I am US 10 in mens, I need US 11.5 in womens, right?
Yes, but the tricky thing is they don't make half sizes for the CDG pairs. Your best bet is going with a 12 if available. I wear a size 9 normally and got a size 11 in the CDGs and they fit perfect.

Welp missed another restock I see. Weren't the releases of the air max zero and lunarcharge similar to the vapormax? They slowly restocked them over the first 3-4 months and then the flood gates opened with new colors and availability. And if that is the case then this time next year the vapormax will be heavily discounted. I just copped a pair of air max zeros the other day for around $60.

Yes, but the tricky thing is they don't make half sizes for the CDG pairs. Your best bet is going with a 12 if available. I wear a size 9 normally and got a size 11 in the CDGs and they fit perfect.
I actually want the women nikelab, but can only find up to a women 10.5. both cdg are amazing, but a myth now

Welp missed another restock I see. Weren't the releases of the air max zero and lunarcharge similar to the vapormax? They slowly restocked them over the first 3-4 months and then the flood gates opened with new colors and availability. And if that is the case then this time next year the vapormax will be heavily discounted. I just copped a pair of air max zeros the other day for around $60.
The only Zeros that I've ever seen sell fast are the Sulfur and the OG Navy

I could have sworn Lunarcharge sat as well

Hey us3less us3less . Appreciate the in-depth review!

I noticed in it you mentioned running in the Lunarepic Flyknits in it (which is what I've been running in), and was curious what size you wear in that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey us3less us3less . Appreciate the in-depth review!

I noticed in it you mentioned running in the Lunarepic Flyknits in it (which is what I've been running in), and was curious what size you wear in that.

Thanks!

No problem! When I got the LunarEpics, it was a size 9 to fit myself with the 6mm insole.

The only Zeros that I've ever seen sell fast are the Sulfur and the OG Navy

I could have sworn Lunarcharge sat as well

only the first colorway of lunarcharges sold out, after that it was just constant complaint of sizing and how it;s cutting peoples achilles :lol:

to be fair though, it's stock is much higher than Vapormaxes, I've seen lunarcharges in almost every b&m shoe store in my area

Last edited:
No problem! When I got the LunarEpics, it was a size 9 to fit myself with the 6mm insole.

I'm wearing the LE Flyknits in a 9.5 with the 4mm insole so I guess I'll look into a 9 in the VaporMaxes if I can't try them on first.

Thanks again for the info!

KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE WOMENS SIZE ONLY. SIZE UP 1.5.

I.E. Size 11 = 9.5M
After I placed my order, I sent SSENSE an email to confirm if the sizes listed were actually men's or women's?

They replied with,  "the item was men's sku..."

Seems a bit vague, but looks like the sizes they listed may have actually been men's, and not women's. 

I guess they were just categorized under Women's shoes? 

I ordered my usual men's size, so I sure hope the info I received from them is correct.

Can anyone else confirm they received the same reply?

After I placed my order, I sent SSENSE an email to confirm if the sizes listed were actually men's or women's?

They replied with,  "the item was men's sku..."

Seems a bit vague, but looks like the sizes they listed may have actually been men's, and not women's. 
I guess they were just categorized under Women's shoes? 

I ordered my usual men's size, so I sure hope the info I received from them is correct.

Can anyone else confirm they received the same reply?

But the cdg was only a women's release, no?

I believe both men's and women's sizes are listed on the size label for CDG's.

But, the men's size is listed above the women's size.

Maybe they were confused?
maybe. what I know, as also discussed here, is you need 1.5 up from your true size and the sizes you see on sites are women's and not men's. if the other way around was the case, the US 12 ons ssense would be a women's US 13.5

Back
Top Bottom