Nike Air VaporMax

He's talking about the hype not the shoe.

Nike sure is playing games with these initial colorways by limiting stock over and over. Seems to be their MO with new models now, instead of sending out enough stock where people can easily walk in a store and buy them. I'm guessing the upcoming pack of five will be the first to be relatively available.

Yeah but the hype relates to people's reaction to the shoe doesn't it? The rest is just marketing to build that up even more. They couldn't have had this hype with the other air max models because they are quite indifferent. Air max day was quite an indincation of their approach and I think it will just continue to be like that.

His point was just about what Nike is doing with the stock. I agree with his point that Nike is overly limiting it. People would be buying them regardless, but Nike compounds it by sending out small batches.

But yes, some of the hype does have to do with how the shoe looks. They can play these games with the stock because it's a new model that has interest - it's probably harder to get away with on older Air Max models because they don't have that new allure.

Last edited:
Lol the hype on this shoe is so stupid. Air maxes never sell out like this

Nike is obviously releasing every color in limited quantity and restocks are probably just a fraction that was cut from normal launch release allocation #s

Nike had been doing this for years.  Then people asked for higher #s, and Nike seemed to give the people what they wanted...wider releases.

Then Adi seemed to take a page out of Nike's old playbook, and made all those 'boost' sneakers limited releases.  Nobody was even paying any mind to 'boost' before.

Now it seems like Nike just took their old playbook back from Adi.

The 'hype' game.

THIS.

its not even about the shoes anymore, its all about the hype and resell ability.

Nike had been doing this for years.  Then people asked for higher #s, and Nike seemed to give the people what they wanted...wider releases.

Then Adi seemed to take a page out of Nike's old playbook, and made all those 'boost' sneakers limited releases.  Nobody was even paying any mind to 'boost' before.

Now it seems like Nike just took their old playbook back from Adi.

The 'hype' game.

Yeah but the hype relates to people's reaction to the shoe doesn't it? The rest is just marketing to build that up even more. They couldn't have had this hype with the other air max models because they are quite indifferent. Air max day was quite an indincation of their approach and I think it will just continue to be like that.

They don't even really have to market sneakers.

They just release pics to sneaker blogs these days. All they need to do is make a sneaker limited or do a collab and people will want it. That's anything, any brand, Asics, New Balance, Puma, Adidas.

Now add resellers who buy anything that might be worth money to the equation.

Look at Air Max 1's and 97's which always used to sit. People who want them for nostalgia can't even get them.

When a sneaker is mass produced people don't want it, because it's "sitting". I don't think people even care about actually liking a sneaker anymore, they care if everyone else likes their sneaker. They want to break necks.

The nostalgia has been eliminated, it's all hype.

Over the past few weeks I've been wearing Ultra Boosts to work (albiet old, and probably bottomed-out) and then switching over to Vapormaxes if I go out at night. Nice contrast between the two. The UBs are a plush bounce while the VMs are a firm bounce. Both very comfortable in their own right.

Wife wears Ultra Boost daily and a different pair for gym only but today her Vapormax came in amd she came home and told me how much her feet hurt her in the gym today. Now she did say she is going to wait a week or so for finally judgement but her UB never had a break in period so as of right now UB>Vapormax for casual and gym. As I said earlier mine will be here on Thursday so I will be able to do my own comparison then

Wife wears Ultra Boost daily and a different pair for gym only but today her Vapormax came in amd she came home and told me how much her feet hurt her in the gym today. Now she did say she is going to wait a week or so for finally judgement but her UB never had a break in period so as of right now UB>Vapormax for casual and gym. As I said earlier mine will be here on Thursday so I will be able to do my own comparison then

Vapormax cushioning softens with wear so she should see improvement. But it's also a designed runner, so if she's using it in the gym for training purposes it's gonna hurt. The sole is not designed to be extreme weight bearing or flexed in awkward positions that training and gym classes put your feet in to.

Would you play basketball in boots and not expect your feet to hurt? Every shoe has a purpose and design and if used outside of that purpose or design your feet will tell you right away.

But I hope they break in and she starts to feel the comfort level that vapormax can offer.

I didn't find them that comfortable at the gym the first day. Casually they were fine and seemed softer the second time I wore them.

I wouldn't wear them to the gym for any sort of leg work(squats, leg presses, deadlifts) btw

Can anyone tell me if CDG vapormaxes were exclusive to CDG/DSM stores or if nikelab carried them as well?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if CDG vapormaxes were exclusive to CDG/DSM stores or if nikelab carried them as well?
Pretty sure NikeLab as well, eg Barneys, SSense and Farfetch (partners) had them in stock as well, but it was a pretty limited release nontheless.

Pretty sure NikeLab as well, eg Barneys, SSense and Farfetch (partners) had them in stock as well, but it was a pretty limited release nontheless.
Ah wasn't aware they dropped elsewhere last week. Haven't been keeping up since AM day.

NikeIDs arrive on Thursday. Im still on the fence about keeping them with TBs coming back out and possibly Be Trues

ITS "AIR MAX DAY" YET SO MANY L'S WERE TAKEN ON ALL THOSE RELEASES :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Yet here we are still talking about it... which means it worked

THIS.

its not even about the shoes anymore, its all about the hype and resell ability.

Nike makes no money based on resale value. They actually are the company leading the way in fighting off the resellers (SNKRS app, high quantities released such as JB, random restocks etc.)

THIS.

nike doesnt make money out of reselling. but they definitely see the product lifespan extend a few years because of the hype. Move less units but ensure the longevity fo of hte products.

man plats stand out to me as the best so far
pretty good images of day to night collection. glacier blue looks great! At first I didnt like the dark blue pair, but here they look much better.

https://sneakerbardetroit.com/nike-air-vapormax-day-to-night-collection-release-date/

man i honestly like them all :lol:

I like the monotone-ness of the blue orbit pair. I like that the swoosh is the same color as the upper and it blends in

I love the navy and black combo on the midnight pair. I do wish the bag was blacked out completely though

And i think the glaciers look like my favorite of the group just for summer wear-ablility. They will go with everything and are a nice light colorway. Granted if i had plats...id prob pass on glaciers...kind of the same color palate to me

The pure plats are still the best I've seen as well. The Orbits have extreme potential, but I'm moving soon so most likely not going to happen.

man plats stand out to me as the best so far
man i honestly like them all :lol:

I like the monotone-ness of the blue orbit pair. I like that the swoosh is the same color as the upper and it blends in

I love the navy and black combo on the midnight pair. I do wish the bag was blacked out completely though

And i think the glaciers look like my favorite of the group just for summer wear-ablility. They will go with everything and are a nice light colorway. Granted if i had plats...id prob pass on glaciers...kind of the same color palate to me

Damn I feel the same way, would be great to pick up glacier and dark blue. Shouldn't though

Well just received my asphalts. My first impression of these after putting them on for awhile is....I'm not totally impressed. I may give them some time to break in but as said I'm not that happy off the bat.

Finally got my 2nd pair of iD, made a triple black since I missed out on the nikelab pair (and CDG one).

The shoe box was different this time around too, nice iridescent touch

Back
Top Bottom