Nike Air VaporMax

ALNotSure ALNotSure - thanks for the comparison video! The VaporMax 2s definitely do elongate the look of the shoe, but I feel like with the right colors, the shoe looks fine. Although I do like the VaporMax 2s, the original VaporMaxes can't be beaten. If anything, all the VaporMax 1 needed to do was to get a heel pull tab and that's it. It should've been treated like the Flyknit Racer where it just goes on for a good several years before a new version pops up.

I'm looking forward to the black/punch/dusty cactus color tomorrow morning!

I just watched a short on-foot video of the VM97s (could have been fakes, but still look real enough) and they don't look great...a lot of creasing along the entire shoe due to the VM outsole.

I have the neon 97s (best CW, IMO), so at $190 I'm going to have to pass. I think the VMP was a decent hybrid and very comfortable, but I don't think the 97 upper lends itself well to the chunky VM sole.
The women’s (95 looking) cw? God I wish they made that in my size. It’s an unbelievable cw. Just saw a pair at the airport.

ALNotSure ALNotSure - thanks for the comparison video! The VaporMax 2s definitely do elongate the look of the shoe, but I feel like with the right colors, the shoe looks fine. Although I do like the VaporMax 2s, the original VaporMaxes can't be beaten. If anything, all the VaporMax 1 needed to do was to get a heel pull tab and that's it. It should've been treated like the Flyknit Racer where it just goes on for a good several years before a new version pops up.

I'm looking forward to the black/punch/dusty cactus color tomorrow morning!

Thanks! Maybe the 2.0 will be like a new version of a car where after you seem them around a few months you start to warm up to it. I think many of us would take a shot at the Volt colorway....

not sure if posted yet but with all the talk on the vapor 97s, pretty sure the golds should be releasing soon too. Saw someone rocking a pair of them at 747 last month but couldn’t snap a pic

Edit: reading stuff online stating a May 1st release

Attachments

• B73C30E0-A409-4478-AA16-A2AB730D71F6.jpeg
    B73C30E0-A409-4478-AA16-A2AB730D71F6.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 36
not sure if posted yet but with all the talk on the vapor 97s, pretty sure the golds should be releasing soon too. Saw someone rocking a pair of them at 747 last month but couldn’t snap a pic

If Nike released them like this I’d like the model a lot more. I’m not crazy about the space between the swoosh and the sole. Looks like someone did a sole swap and jacked it up

The women’s (95 looking) cw? God I wish they made that in my size. It’s an unbelievable cw. Just saw a pair at the airport.

Haha, no I just meant the japan og/neons/whatever people call them. I'm a size 14 so I was also excluded from the 95-inspired CW. :frown:

Not the way the model looks. Thats a bad photoshop.

Although I wish it did have that seamless transition to the midsole.

This upper from the og silhouette, w a low profile cushlon mid would have been nice.

Last edited:
I would cop the 97 vapors if they slimmed the upper like the Vapormax plus. They basically just slapped the vapormax sole on the og sillhoutte. They should have known better from moscow’s Vote forward entry.

Searched for an on feet of the VM 97. I cannot wait to get these. Hopefully I can double up on snkrs. I'm sleeping on the 2.0's and volt 2.0 so these will do for my volt needs

Thought I wanted the Vapor 97s but I copped the vapor max 2 instead. I really like the hot punch colorway.

image.png

Last edited:
Ater 20 minutes all sizes in stock for the 2.0. If this flops Nike has a big issue with Vapormax. Retailers have tons of 1.0 in inventory in all sizes and they will be fed 2.0 inventory which isn't selling. I smell sales, outlets and clearance at nike.com soon. This also devalues the shoe and appeal greatly.

I hope I am wrong.

P.S- yall can keep them Frankenstein Vapormaxes. They hurt my eyes. Start another thread lol.

snrks app really out'chea with the pump fake on the Vapormax 97's....sold out when I tried this morning on the app, but now there's a FSR again. SMH lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom