Nike Air VaporMax

sockless for sure

Got them on swoosh, sold them the next day.

I dont know if everyone feels this or maybe its me because i have flat feet, but I can feel the pattern of the air bubble on the bottom of my foot. I also feel the dip where the air unit goes around instead of all the way through on the heel. it was almost like i was stepping on a piece of concrete that protrudes a little out of the ground more than the rest.

Wasnt uncomfortable, but I didnt like how funky that felt. Ah well, $ saved.

Said the same thing a few pages back. Im still on the fence though. If I decide to ditch them probably going to return mine to the outlet since I have one close by.

sockless for sure
Said the same thing a few pages back. Im still on the fence though. If I decide to ditch them probably going to return mine to the outlet since I have one close by.

I noticed that feeling going away when I sized up from 12 to the 13.

I noticed that feeling going away when I sized up from 12 to the 13.

I wear a 12.5 with a little room at the front (thumb width) so I was hesitant going up a to a 13. But maybe that could be the remedy? I just didn't want any flopping or too much space at the front. I guess it won't hurt to try.

Last edited:
I wear a 12.5 with a little room at the front (thumb width) so I was hesitant going up a to a 13. But maybe that could be the remedy? I just didn't want any flopping or too much space at the front. I guess it won't hurt to try.
I wear a 12 normally. (size 12 Jordan 5, size 12.5 AM95, size 12 og spiridon) Here has been my experience..

- tight around mid foot (material stretched)

- no need to tighten laces for a tight fit

- ok toe room (slightly less than thumb width)

- felt air bags

- felt where the sole met the flyknit (made feet sore around edges)

- somewhat tight around midfoot (foot feels somewhat constrained)

- tightening laces makes it minimally tighter

- decent toe room (about a thumb width)

- felt air bags somewhat but more stable than 12.

- great fit around midfoot (not tight)

- tightening laces makes for a locked down fit (foot doesn't move)

- nice toe room maybe a hair long (slightly more than a thumb width)

- smooth air bag feel (minimally bigger air bag than 12/12.5)

Last edited:
Asphalts are nice right there, but I definitely still favor the Pure Platinum color more. As always, it's better to see it in person to make the final judgement on them.

It's always fun to go on a run and then step on a big piece of rock or a tree bark piece to throw you off during your run. It's ACTUALLY fun when you do it while running in the VaporMaxes and nothing happens to the shoe's Air unit. :wink: I should be able to provide a review for you guys on 4/22! It'll only be through 10 runs, each run going for a little over 3 miles hopefully, so I hope that'll provide enough distance to provide my thoughts!

Pictures do not do the plats justice. In person the color is awesome.
I completely agree. I like the Asphalts for sure and they really do look like asphalt. I wonder what street paint yellow colored laces would look like. 
roll.gif

I would really like just a solid dark grey knit upper and black sole myself.

Last edited:
I completely agree. I like the Asphalts for sure and they really do look like asphalt. I wonder what street paint yellow colored laces would look like. :rofl:  

I would really like just a solid dark grey knit upper and black sole myself.

Imagine if the Swoosh had reflective yellow stripes on it like a crosswalk!

Reactions: ARK
Agree with others.  I think the Asphalts will be a pass for me.  it's just off.  Needs grey/black/dark outsoles.  The clear worked really well with 'platinum' but it's not working so well here.

Last edited:
Since there's talk about asphalts here are a few pictures I took for a buddy who wanted better pictures  than what I previously sent to him.

Where was this? Were they for sale already?

Last edited:
I wear a 12 normally. (size 12 Jordan 5, size 12.5 AM95, size 12 og spiridon) Here has been my experience..

- tight around mid foot (material stretched)
- no need to tighten laces for a tight fit
- ok toe room (slightly less than thumb width)
- felt air bags
- felt where the sole met the flyknit (made feet sore around edges)

- somewhat tight around midfoot (foot feels somewhat constrained)
- tightening laces makes it minimally tighter
- decent toe room (about a thumb width)
- felt air bags somewhat but more stable than 12.

- great fit around midfoot (not tight)
- tightening laces makes for a locked down fit (foot doesn't move)
- nice toe room maybe a hair long (slightly more than a thumb width)
- smooth air bag feel (minimally bigger air bag than 12/12.5)

Co-sign on that. Same experience for me but with sizes 11 / 11.5 / 12. I ended up sticking with my go to 11.5 size for these. The 12 were too long for me and the 11 was too tight. I felt like goldilocks finding the right fit.

Reactions: ARK
When they start hitting the olive and marron cws this **** is gonna be a killer 

Just a heads up the air vapormax in navy released on sport check if anyone's interested don't have the link but search vapormax !

wore mine for a bit today, they are comfortable. i got to run in them to really test them...

Co-sign on that. Same experience for me but with sizes 11 / 11.5 / 12. I ended up sticking with my go to 11.5 size for these. The 12 were too long for me and the 11 was too tight. I felt like goldilocks finding the right fit.

Repped for goldilocks comment. :rofl:

I'm not sure if the comparison has been made, but are these more comfortable than LunarEpics?

Or is this as bad as comparing them to BOOST? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom