Nike Air VaporMax

Meh.  The NDC glamor shots of the Asphalts look much better than the real thing.  Keeping my plats. 
laugh.gif

Tried a run and some light sprints today with these and the response is good for a little bounce to your step with superior cushioning. I'm a heel striker, so while i wasn't bothered during the actual runs, afterwards I could definitely feel some soreness in my heels. Everything else around the foot felt fine and the initial support oddness I mentioned with causal wear seemed to have disappeared. Now just to figure out if I want to keep them or not.

View media item 2391571
View media item 2391576
size :nerd:

I'm not sure if the comparison has been made, but are these more comfortable than LunarEpics?

Or is this as bad as comparing them to BOOST? [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji]

Hmm, they are really two different feelings. I have a pair of LunarEpic Lows, the VaporMax's sole/air bags provides support that is the whole foot through more targeted cushioning around the outsides and different points of impact while the LunarEpic has the support delivered through a solid dispersion of the lunarlon foam through/under your whole foot. As with any shoe compared to the VaporMax, you will definitely feel where there is something directly under your foot as to win the VaporMax, you may get an empty feeling in the areas where there's no air bag under your foot. That's not to say that there's any support there, it's just even dispersed throughout. With regards to bounce, I'd say it depends on your running style as to which you might find more responsive, the VaporMax will feel more bouncy and responsive but heel striking for me seemed to hurt a tad and can change quickly depend on how you hit the airbags with your stride or step even when simply walking. The LunarEpic is just as responsive but seems like one for a more stabled out ride with consistency if that makes sense. Hope this helps and makes sense. Best way to know would be to give them a try.

Pictures do not do the plats justice. In person the color is awesome.
Tried them on in person in london, CW is nice but was not so nice to me that I need to cop right now. Want to try the asphalts on in person too before deciding, but i like that they're more grey rather than light grey.

Maybe not the best idea to jump in with both feet.

Did a 10 miles over 10 hours walking shift.

The first 2 hours you are very aware of the feel being different. Like cleats on pavement. The pitter-patter of the soles on the floor.

Last hour before the mid-point break feet were feeling the burn.

The 25 min of rest.

The 2nd half I had no discomfort to start and was feeling pep in my step but then the steps added up and I was feeling sore again.

It is recommended to swap shoes even it they are close to the same as unnoticeable tiny issues with perfectly fine shoes can add up over repeated days and miles. Better to have the feet and leg physiology asked to accept variance.

So not surprising switching up to these radically different shoes for 12 hours put stress on my feet.

What I did notice most was when crouching and putting all your weight on the front half of the feet. These work better than traditional shoes. You still have solid cushion under you when in this position.

Was anyone else able to make an iD Vapormax? I'm waiting for mine to be created but it's taking forever...they estimated 4-6 weeks..

Was anyone else able to make an iD Vapormax? I'm waiting for mine to be created but it's taking forever...they estimated 4-6 weeks..

Both of mine have started. Multi was started on 3/28, red was started on 3/29.

That feel when rainy weather kicks in for tomorrow and Friday, and there's no Shield version of this shoe :frown:

On a better note...

View media item 2393676View media item 2393677View media item 2393678
PUT ME DOWN FOR A PAIR OF THESE IN JUNE! Oh wait, I just read this is a women's color... **** **** it, it's still clean as hell

Okay, I don't know what it is anymore. Regardless of my mistakes, it looks nice as hell. Photos were taken by sneakerprophet_ via IG

View media item 2385625

Last edited:
That's the nicest CW I've seen so far, wonder how they actually look versus promo shots

Yea on the fence about the asphalts. A darker sole would make them much more appealing. May wait for the next dark cw that releases.

Those pics made the asphalts look better, but the pure platinums are a piece of art in person. I did a total 180 on them when I saw them in person.

Thought they were a white

Those pics made the asphalts look better, but the pure platinums are a piece of art in person. I did a total 180 on them when I saw them in person.

Thought they were a white

Agreed, platinums are so nice.

Looking forward to a colorway with non-clear soles before copping; can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom