Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Well, I am 6"4, 249. I workout with certain professional athletes in their off season, then maintaining top physical condition year round. I bench 395, then squat 405. I run the forty in 4.6/7, then can run a mile in 6.13. A hoops shoe should meet certain standards for me as an athlete. Once I picked up Kobe V shoe at the HOH in Harlem, I knew that it would not be a wise choice for me to wear, especially after my bad experience in wearing the IV,
6191696b6adf7d1863309991629d1eb100f8a1a5_r.jpg
one that I got for free, in which is the better built shoe between the two. After seeing the cracked support systems on this thread, then seeing pics of actual rips on other sites, then knowing the faulty material that was used in this shoe, I am happy to have passed on what's actually some very cool looking footwear.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by wisache15

Well, I am 6"4, 249. I workout with certain professional athletes in their off season, then maintaining top physical condition year round. I bench 395, then squat 405. I run the forty in 4.6/7, then can run a mile in 6.13. A hoops shoe should meet certain standards for me as an athlete. Once I picked up Kobe V shoe at the HOH in Harlem, I knew that it would not be a wise choice for me to wear, especially after my bad experience in wearing the IV,
one that I got for free, in which is the better built shoe between the two. After seeing the cracked support systems on this thread, then seeing pics of actual rips on other sites, then knowing the faulty material that was used in this shoe, I am happy to have passed on what's actually some very cool looking footwear.

indifferent.gif

Notice how the shoes is not even submerge under water. Obviously he just want some attention. Who buy a pair of shoes to dump them in a toilet ? wack

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by wisache15

indifferent.gif

Notice how the shoes is not even submerge under water. Obviously he just want some attention. Who buy a pair of shoes to dump them in a toilet ? wack

Attention? No. Simply expressing my disappointment in what I feel is an inferior product.

Why are you quoting yourself and posting pictures of a shoe that isn't the shoe reviewed in this forum?

Go contact Nike if you want a voucher because you're too heavy to wear them. Besides, quality has ALWAYS been an issue for Nike, they make inferior products. Seriously, they do. I'm the OP who called these the GOAT, by the way, so I'm not biased. Nike makes shoddy merchandise. Every pair of Reebok Iverson shoes I've bought lasted longer than any comparable Nike. It's how it is.

So, Nat Turner, you're not breaking any new ground or contributing anything worthwhile to this discussion by taking a picture of a shoe in a toilet. Nike spends money on Marketing, and to save money they make them in sweatshops and use poor materials. That's been their business since they started. It's how they became a company when the sneaker market didn't exist the way it does now.

Adidas has MUCH better quality, same for Reebok for the most point. New Balance makes a better shoe, matter of fact.

What I'm trying to figure out, Nat Turner, is what the hell you're doing in this forum. If you don't wanna use the shoes, fine. If you want to take pictures of your toilet and post them online, fine. It just doesn't need to be in here

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by acts65

My kobes ripped a little in the front and i noticed a crack in the carbon fiber as well. has anyone sent them back to nike for a voucher? for those of you who returned yours to niketown, did you need to show your receipt or did you just bring in the shoes?

you can send them in for a voucher...you pay to ship it to them and they will inspect to see if its a material or manufacturing defect and if it is a voucher given to you for the retail price usable at NDC.  If there is not defect they CAN ship the shoes back so long as you mark that when you file your claim online.

You can also take the shoes back to niketown and you can get store credit so long as its something obviously a defect of material or manufacturing (otherwise they may make you send it to nike), and with a receipt of how much you paid your credit is that amount...however if no receipt they give you what they ring up at currently.

i am sending my dunkman lebron VII this week since i dont have my receipt and they were only going to give me 86 bucks credit, so my chances are better off with sending it to nice for  NDC voucher...either way we lose because of shipping costs and they dont even give you retail + tax.  better than keeping crap shoes though.
sent in my shoes a couple weeks ago and got my voucher in the mail today.  thanks!

Awesome, thanks.

But on another note, i wore my ZKV's for the first time yesterday and I'd have to say that they performed beautifully. Now i know, this is only the first wearing and I'd need more time to make an honest review, but there wan't anything glaring that would give these a negative mark. So far all the other positives on these are only going to be magnified by mine.

But if these do fall apart, then they'll be included and at least receive a $130 voucher in return. BTW, the shoe is the "Aways" colorway.

my del sols fell apart after about two months of play (rip on the lateral part of the midfoot, where the skinwire and the midsole come apart). took them back to niketown for a different colorway. Can't wait to beat these new ones up until they fall apart so I can get something new again. While they last, they are really the best shoe out there. Just make sure you are carrying a spare pair! To avoid break-in time, just go crazy flexing the forefoot in your hands before putting the shoe on. Eliminates break-in period, for me anyway.

the super performance, fragility and return policy are coming together to create the perfect shoe storm. new shoes forever! Or else until nike stops making this shoe or I chance upon a mutant indestructible pair.

OK, not so perfect. My second pair ripped after only two sessions of balling. Boo hoo. Good while they lasted, though. If you live next door to a niketown, keep going for these. if it take you more than 30 minutes to get to one, though, get something else. unless you are looking for an excuse to sit in the car and listen to your books on tape.

It's a bummer there's so much durability issues with Nike. If they stopped making 40 videos about the making of process and spent that money on better materials and better manufacturing, we'd all be a little better off.

I think they'd be great... But they are way too tight..

I wear a size 12 normally and 12 hurt my feet... And I think a 13 would be way too loose, and if I tried to ball in it the low cut + being loose would result in something serious to my ankle..

I'm 6'5 220ish if it matters.. had mine about a week, balled in 4 times indoors.. So far.. really light, they don't fatigue my legs like other shoes ive balled in recently.  The grip leaves much to be desired, they feel stable when running full speed, but quick cuts have been a no go thus far.. I play on clean courts for those wondering.

All in all, I've played in Foams, Flights, Duncan's, 1/2cents, etcetc..

These are probably tied w/the first flightposites as the 2nd best shoes ive probably ever balled in.

First goes to the Phenoms

Originally Posted by Phen0m

I'm 6'5 220ish if it matters.. had mine about a week, balled in 4 times indoors.. So far.. really light, they don't fatigue my legs like other shoes ive balled in recently.  The grip leaves much to be desired, they feel stable when running full speed, but quick cuts have been a no go thus far.. I play on clean courts for those wondering.

All in all, I've played in Foams, Flights, Duncan's, 1/2cents, etcetc..

These are probably tied w/the first flightposites as the 2nd best shoes ive probably ever balled in.

First goes to the Phenoms
Could be the colorway.  A guy I play with (who is damn good) specifically stated that these shoes are awesome for quick cuts.  He played in the Inline colorway, before they finally died on him.

I have no personal experience or investment with these shoes at all, but for other readers, that's what he said.

"the super performance, fragility and return policy"

uh maybe it's just me but how does all that come together to create the perfect anything? New shoes is a nice thing, free new shoes even better but having to get new shoes on a regular basis, because the old ones break down or tear doesn't seem like a win to me.

Back
Top Bottom