Nike Atlantic Penny 2s

I know these are quickstrikes, and Nicekicks said some stores probably will be getting one run size, but how hard will these be to get my hands on, I coppedgriffeys and eggplant foams at retail.. these shouldn't be that hard right? lol

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Originally Posted by swingshot

Said it before, i'll say it again. Nike dropped the ball here. Atlantics should've dropped instead of the All Stars.
And I'll say it again....NOBODY was asking for an Atlantic retro EVERYBODY was asking for the black pair...WHY..because everyone knows black shoes last longer. When I was wearing my OGs in 01' people were trying to buy the blacks off me, nobody gave a crap bout the Atlantics I was wearing then. They did the right thing by making these a QS especially since the retro Blacks and the other 2 did just alright.
Someone said something about bringing back the Penny 1's...those are still at outlets till this day. How bout some Air Flight 1s or some Air Up's if anything but I think Nike knows those aren't flying off shelves either.

Maybe what it comes down to is that some of us feel the colorways released weren't that well thought out, and that between the Heat colorway, the All Starsand the Black/Silver, one of those slots could've been
used for the Atlantics instead. Things are pretty different now from what they were in 01, and not that many Retro Nike Basketball shoes seem to sell out thesedays, but there was definitely some discussion about Atlantics
when the release date for the Black/Royals was confirmed.

Really though, they're just shoes, and not worth getting in an argument about.

Peace.

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

^You do make a good point sir. penny 1's, 2's,3's,and 4's all sat

.... and the way they murdered the 4 it was bound to sit eventually.

Someone said something about bringing back the Penny 1's...those are still at outlets till this day.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Someone said something about bringing back the Penny 1's...those are still at outlets till this day.
nerd.gif

What outlet? I think they meant the other 2 OG Penny colors. Personally, I don't want the OG colors to come back out. I want them to stay rare.

Anyway, this is about the Atlantics...anybody know anything in Dallas?

i want these so bad. i had the par that had "nike - 1996" on the blue heel plastic back in the day.

Said it before, i'll say it again. Nike dropped the ball here. Atlantics should've dropped instead of the All Stars.
And I'll say it again....NOBODY was asking for an Atlantic retro EVERYBODY was asking for the black pair...WHY..because everyone knows black shoes last longer. When I was wearing my OGs in 01' people were trying to buy the blacks off me, nobody gave a crap bout the Atlantics I was wearing then. They did the right thing by making these a QS especially since the retro Blacks and the other 2 did just alright.
Someone said something about bringing back the Penny 1's...those are still at outlets till this day. How bout some Air Flight 1s or some Air Up's if anything but I think Nike knows those aren't flying off shelves either.

Maybe what it comes down to is that some of us feel the colorways released weren't that well thought out, and that between the Heat colorway, the All Stars and the Black/Silver, one of those slots could've been
used for the Atlantics instead. Things are pretty different now from what they were in 01, and not that many Retro Nike Basketball shoes seem to sell out these days, but there was definitely some discussion about Atlantics
when the release date for the Black/Royals was confirmed.

Really though, they're just shoes, and not worth getting in an argument about.

Peace.

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

^You do make a good point sir. penny 1's, 2's,3's,and 4's all sat

.... and the way they murdered the 4 it was bound to sit eventually.
Not only did the penny line suffer the same fate going to outlets but the air max uptempos suffered the same fate. Look at the teal uptemposeverybody here wanted them and when they were retroed in 01 it sat in shelves. Reason being is that a small population remember these shoes and they're theones that will get them. The rest doesn't care about them and will usually buy a cheaper shoe instead of paying retail like some here do. If the pennyswere let's say 70 or 80 retail it would probably sell better and not last to the clearance rack. But hey people just don't care about the shoes andwould rather pay cheaper for another nike shoe or a different brand. Also payless shoe store still exist and because others just buy them for the under 20bucks price especially now with joblessness going around payless and marshalls discount stores and doing a bit better then niketown or footlocker. Most peoplehere wouldn't pay retail on pennys or uptempo teal. Maybe if the payton gloves would get retroed it would sit on shelves like the zoom flight clubs.That's why nike hasn't retroed the paytons either. First og release sat on shelves for a long time and went on sale. So whey release a retro for a fewwho will pay retail? Just makes no sense.

I got the blk/royal and black/red Penny 1s from the Chicago outlet for $50 bucks.
If these were a GR there wouldn't be as much hype. Being a retailer I wish there was more but on the other end if we got in 24 pairs they wouldn'tsell. 12 pairs as a QS means gone in 60 seconds (a la AM1 OG). Supply and demand at its finest.

pennys sell as long as da OG colorway comes out first...

da penny IV's were murdered....do unless they drop da PHX colorway from 99 or da black and orlando blue's wit da white sole i don't wanna see thosefor years....

BAY AREA..... WHAT'S GOOD? How Could A City FULL Of Sneaker Heads Not Have Any Idea Where These AreReleasing? Or Is It That You All Are Holding Back? I Know Stores Like Attic, UNDFTD Etc. Have To Be Getting In Stock Of These...... ANYONE???
nerd.gif

BAY AREA..... WHAT'S GOOD? How Could A City FULL Of Sneaker Heads Not Have Any Idea Where These AreReleasing? Or Is It That You All Are Holding Back? I Know Stores Like Attic, UNDFTD Etc. Have To Be Getting In Stock Of These...... ANYONE???
nerd.gif

I've decided that I'm gonna pass on these, I don't want to fall into the hype and cop.
If these were a GR I wouldn't care for them (unless I could get them for real cheap).
Plus, I'm not a big fan of predominately white sneakers.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

pennys sell as long as da OG colorway comes out first...

da penny IV's were murdered....do unless they drop da PHX colorway from 99 or da black and orlando blue's wit da white sole i don't wanna see those for years....
QFT

ey So much Sole 2, what part of the bay area are you from? I from the peninsula..15mins from SF. I hope some spots in the Bay get them though. 'Cuzthere's hella sneaker heads out here.

Originally Posted by hellakix

ey So much Sole 2, what part of the bay area are you from? I from the peninsula..15mins from SF. I hope some spots in the Bay get them though. 'Cuz there's hella sneaker heads out here.

yea your from the bay area
laugh.gif

good luck getting your pair though, i think these won't be to hard to get when its all said and done.

ey So much Sole 2, what part of the bay area are you from? I from the peninsula..15mins from SF. I hope some spots in the Bay get them though. 'Cuz there's hella sneaker heads out here.
Naw Man I'm Not From The Bay At All....... I'm Just Gonna Be Out There The Weekend Of Release And Would Like To Get Hands On These...KnowDamn Well Colorado Won't Be Seeing Em If They Are Even HALF As Limited As They Say
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

Naw Man I'm Not From The Bay At All....... I'm Just Gonna Be Out There The Weekend Of Release And Would Like To Get Hands On These...Know Damn Well Colorado Won't Be Seeing Em If They Are Even HALF As Limited As They Say
eyes.gif
i doubt they'll be as limited as people say but i dont expect them to be everywhere like the black royals and white ii's were. hopefully you get your pair though. i'm going all out as soon as the 25th comes around.

i think i know acouple spots that might get them here in the bay area. i'm gonna check when the RD is closer for these pennys.

QS wont stop me, neither will the "Hype"!

Why isnt this post on page 65, full of reply's of all the people who complained about these not dropping and asking when will these release.

Back
Top Bottom