NIKE Barkley Posite max

Just curious, why do some of you care about the box so much? My shoes have always been in perfect condition when shipped with this "bag of death" so it doesn't really bother me at all.

This is exactly how mine was shipped too :smh:

Eastbay just don't fxxking care, man....I know we are not suppose to focus on the box, but who's happy with a goddam beat up box in a bag on the doorstep :smh:

I've complained to their higher levels in the past, nobody gives a ****, smh

WHERE IS EASTBAYREP??? :nerd:

Just curious, why do some of you care about the box so much? My shoes have always been in perfect condition when shipped with this "bag of death" so it doesn't really bother me at all.
You gotta figure a lot of shoe collectors have a little OCD/anal retentiveness in them.  So they want to keep their shoe boxes as fresh as their kicks.

Additionally, to some, the shoe box is part of the shoe collection.  I know a lot of people, including myself, who wouldn't purchase a pair of shoes if it didn't have the original box - it's like a G.I. Joe that has everything but the missing gun accessory.

Finally, as a practical matter, damaged boxes reduce the integrity of the cardboard, which makes stacking your shoes more difficult.

Last edited:
This is how eastbay decided to ship them out to me as well. The box is beat up and the bag had a hole the size of a golf ball. I guess the rats might have tried these on before me. 
mean.gif

Really eastbay? This is what platinum membership gives me. Only time I want to see a bag is when I bought shoes in store not online 
mean.gif
 -_- REALLY?? lol i would hate for my kicks to come like that....smfh

Finally, as a practical matter, damaged boxes reduce the integrity of the cardboard, which makes stacking your shoes more difficult.
main reason why i prefer the box intact

I thought I was the only one that felt this way, broken boxes don't stack.

Same issue i have, I cant even put 1 box on top of this... it literally looks like the box was folded in half!

You gotta figure a lot of shoe collectors have a little OCD/anal retentiveness in them.  So they want to keep their shoe boxes as fresh as their kicks.

Additionally, to some, the shoe box is part of the shoe collection.  I know a lot of people, including myself, who wouldn't purchase a pair of shoes if it didn't have the original box - it's like a G.I. Joe that has everything but the missing gun accessory.

makes sense. I wouldn't purchase kicks without the original box either, but I'm not really that OCD about the condition of the boxes unless they're completely falling apart.

View media item 335772View media item 335773
this is how mine came like in a box, other side a little bent up... and this was in a box i cant imagine getting a bag of death. would probably crumble when u pick it up lol

at least i can stack mine, no real complaints but I am a little OCD and would prefer a perfect box.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Eastbay and told them about the shoes being shipped in the plastic bag. The first person I spoke to just said she was sorry and then said she was going to ask a supervisor about why they were shipped that way because she said that most new releases always come double-boxed. After speaking to her supervisor, she said that that's the way they are supposed to come. I then asked to speak with the manager and he said that Eastbay sells the shoes and can only do something about it if the shoes are damaged. He said they don't sell the box so he can't do anything about it. I said but the shoes are a part of the box which is a part of the final product and he said I can understand where you're coming from but that's not the way we see it. I then hung up. I usually don't complain but the box is in pretty bad shape>:
I've been down that road with Eastbay half a dozen times. If you escalate it over and over, most you will get is a $10 gift card. Not even worth my trouble really, I would rather have a nice shoe box than $10. :x
^Yea that's what I figured. It wasn't worth it to me to pursue it any further. Not like they will replace the box.
eastbay use to always double box,when did the bag only start?
Didn't someone mention if you put down gift it would come double boxed?  I might be wrong idr really.
This is exactly how mine was shipped too :smh:

Eastbay just don't fxxking care, man....I know we are not suppose to focus on the box, but who's happy with a goddam beat up box in a bag on the doorstep :smh:

I've complained to their higher levels in the past, nobody gives a ****, smh

Hey guys,

We ship these shoes out as we receive them from the manufacturers, some are not doubled boxed and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has brought you. However, we are currently checking into this to see what is happening to cause these boxes to get damaged. In the mean time, we are forwarding all these cases and comments to the appropriate personnel.

We do not have replacement boxes that we can send out. We also suggest, for future reference, that you contact us prior to a release to determine if the item will or will not be double boxed. We do also offer the gift-box in the check out procedure.

EastbayRep - Mai

Last edited:
Hey guys,

We ship these shoes out as we receive them from the manufacturers, some are not doubled boxed and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has brought you. However, we are currently checking into this to see what is happening to cause these boxes to get damaged. In the mean time, we are forwarding all these cases and comments to the appropriate personnel.

We do not have replacement boxes that we can send out. We also suggest, for future reference, that you contact us prior to a release to determine if the item will or will not be double boxed. We do also offer the gift-box in the check out procedure.

EastbayRep - Mai

GIFT BOX AINT FREE!!

I don't know what is so hard about putting the sneaker box in another box and shipping... obviously when they get mailed it gets thrown around and they do stack stuff on it while in transit etc... OF COURSE THE BOX IS GONNA BE DESTROYED!! ya got the nerve to say "We don't sell the box so we can't do anything about it"... YES YOU DO SELL THE BOX, IT COMES WITH THE SHOES!! and my point to that is ... I bet ya can't send a pair of shoes to somebody without a box... ya would RTV them... those plastic bags r a joke... ya even throw in free samples from companies now and I bet ya get paid to do so... and ya STILL can't box them up?? cmon son..

I just got a pair of eggplants in and had to send them back to eastbay due to the bag having holes in it and the my box crumbling and shoes were WET!!

Last edited:
Daaamn those will be copped. I got 3 barkley posites on my radar to get now.....Pure platinums, 76ers, and those.

Last edited:
Those purps are fuego. Those will be my next Posites if they drop. I'm passing on those wack pure platinum and 76ers joints.

I wish they would stop with the gitd soles.

I like eastbays "pay for gift box" solution. Like the guy said before damage to boxes is part of shipping. The point of the box is to protect the product inside.

Eastbay obviously doesn't consider the box to be part of the product so if you do. Pay to protect it.

*glad I never received shoes in a bag*

I wish they would stop with the gitd soles.

I like eastbays "pay for gift box" solution. Like the guy said before damage to boxes is part of shipping. The point of the box is to protect the product inside.

Eastbay obviously doesn't consider the box to be part of the product so if you do. Pay to protect it.

*glad I never received shoes in a bag*

The average consumer probably doesn't care about a bag. For stacking purposes the box matters however. I understand both sides.

But considering everyone else double boxes, it looks bad. Finishline used to bag it also.

People need to voice their displeasure with Eastbay by phone or e-mail instead of just doing it here.

Do you guys think Nike will kill this shoe like they did the 1/2 cent?

What do you mean by kill?

Last edited:
i honeslty know the routine now with eastbay.

ive had many shoes come in the bag of death, especially when i get them from returned orders. recently, it was my xmas lebron X and my kobe VIII area 72 sport pack. some air max 2009s i purchased 2 months ago didnt even have the nike box. it was some big, generic box with a printed label attached. guess the original box was too damaged to send to me. makes it super easy to figure out where they are on my shelf.

they already said they only double box what they consider a "hot" release. guess these eggplants didnt make the cut :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom