Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Thanks man will do and just ordered the Bruce lee 5’s, I’m hoping it’s as good as my retails or close…to looks and performance wise. I’m happy to pay $160 vs resellers asking prices.
The main thing I would recommend is to wear the shoes lightly for shoot around / cardio for the first 2-3 weeks after you receive them. They are fresh off the conveyor belt and the glue needs time to fully cure and set. If the shoes smell like fresh factory glue, they aren’t ready for full game speed yet. I made the mistake of taking a pair of 6s immediately on court the day after the arrived and they got some very minor sole separation on the outer heel area. I took my time breaking in the 5s and they have been very durable so far.

I got these in December and hoop casually in them about a couple hours weekly. Got some shots up today and noticed part of the rubber frayed completely off lol.

Attachments

• 51B445CE-BF54-42D6-8598-9ADC416E5E15.jpeg
    51B445CE-BF54-42D6-8598-9ADC416E5E15.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 191
Star batch Kobe 4s arrived today. Buddy sent me a pair as a gift since I’m expecting a daughter soon and we both knew we have no chance of getting a pair on snkrs.

This colorway only comes in lunar but some colorways have a zoom option. Overall very comfortable on foot. Played 3 games in them and they broke in right away.

I went half size up to 10.5 and it Was very tight at first but now it’s feeling perfect. Hopefully the lunar doesn’t bottom out too fast. I probably won’t play a ton in these, just wear them casually or for shooting around.

The shoe laces do seem a little short on them. Had to pull a demar derozan and skip the top eyelets in order to fully tie them. They did come with 2 extra pairs of laces, one black and one white though so maybe those ones are longer.
My OG Carpe Diem had extremely short laces too. Had to skip the next to top eyelet.

I’ll prob just throw in some random Jordan / Nike laces so I can tie them all the way up. Black jordan 1 low laces should work I think.
I hated to swap mine because they were a black/yellow weave but I definitely wasn’t able to lace all the way regardless of how tight I went.

I am supposed to be getting the GIGI colorway via my Girls AAU team next week sometime. I was never a huge fan of playing in the IV's they never fit me right idk why.

But I will train/coach in them
From what I remember back in 2008-2009 the 4s were stiff due to the patent leather and the cushion died fast. The traction was ode though!

I think I’ll mostly train in mine too. Prefer other shoes for playing hard in.

I think you might be right. I didn’t buy any of the retro 4-6 back then cause I was buying and wearing 11s to play in.
Same - I had the inline 6 and the Carpe diem 4 og so I didn’t need any protros except the 1’s. I was in the 11 and AD NXT.

Same - I had the inline 6 and the Carpe diem 4 og so I didn’t need any protros except the 1’s. I was in the 11 and AD NXT.
Yeah at the time I just bought whatever model was current and available. Like most players I guess!

We think the jordan 37 (low) tech and cushion set up would take longer to bottom out than the Lebron 20?

interested to her someone compare break in and feel

^^^^ they were too soft for me, but I’m 5-10, 215. My heel was lower than my forefoot but they are super bouncy and fit and traction are great. But, for $225, I like the Jordan 37 low better at $175

B bigHazy32 I warmed up my legs and hammies real nice. then hopped on the ghd machine for the first time in my life like I saw in ur story. Did a couple reps with trash form and hopped off that *** lol. I can work my hammies with beginner type exercises 🤣 I’m not ready for all that.
The gym down the street from me has the ghd , but they don’t have a court so I rarely ever go there anyway. Got some ham work in with rdl’s, back ext machine and just some regular prone hamstring curls. Good enough for me

B bigHazy32 I been doing some pylo stuff u showed on ur Insta and my legs lowkey feel better than they have in a while. Idk if they supposed to be sore or whatever but they’re chillin rn. When I’m doing the various workouts they burn obvi

B bigHazy32 I warmed up my legs and hammies real nice. then hopped on the ghd machine for the first time in my life like I saw in ur story. Did a couple reps with trash form and hopped off that *** lol. I can work my hammies with beginner type exercises 🤣 I’m not ready for all that.
The gym down the street from me has the ghd , but they don’t have a court so I rarely ever go there anyway. Got some ham work in with rdl’s, back ext machine and just some regular prone hamstring curls. Good enough for me
Ghd is definitely hard lol! Props for trying it man! Yeah lying hamstring curls and rdl is the meat of my training. I mostly do the Ghd on days I squat heavier to spare my low back from rdl.

When I was super serious about ball and training in my 20s I had a Ghd in my bedroom. Once I got married I had to sell it cause my wife didn’t like it lol

B bigHazy32 I been doing some pylo stuff u showed on ur Insta and my legs lowkey feel better than they have in a while. Idk if they supposed to be sore or whatever but they’re chillin rn. When I’m doing the various workouts they burn obvi
Good stuff! Athletic workouts should make you feel better and springier than before. Always stop once the reps drop off in quality.

I’ll make a vid specifically on plyos next time that outlines progression, easiest to hardest with some guidance on sets and reps.

^^^^ they were too soft for me, but I’m 5-10, 215. My heel was lower than my forefoot but they are super bouncy and fit and traction are great. But, for $225, I like the Jordan 37 low better at $175
what do u mean by soft? you mean the cushion?
how does the hell being lower than your forefoot factor in when playing?

i like the 37 lows too rn the my gym shoe hoping to break them in faster

Back
Top Bottom