Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

what do u mean by soft? you mean the cushion?
how does the hell being lower than your forefoot factor in when playing?

i like the 37 lows too rn the my gym shoe hoping to break them in faster
Yeah, the cushioning felt too soft - maybe I’m too heavy to get the spring from them. My heel being lower than my forefoot felt like I was stretching my Achilles in a bad way. I am in no way blaming the shoe - if I was under 200 and a high flyer still they would probably work great for me. I still really like them but for the price and knowing they weren’t best for me I had to let them go.

Oh my goodness, the Rose 7s were an absolute dream shoe! The aesthetics were simply stunning and the technological features were out of this world! I was so looking forward to rocking them, but alas, my feet simply couldn't handle their awesomeness. Such a shame, as they were truly a masterpiece of athletic footwear!

Not really an performance ahoe question, but I think I would get a best answer here.

So, I'm looking for new socks especially for basketball. Had a few pairs of Nike's Elite Versatility socks but now they are really coming to end of their lifecycle since I have sewed the holes shut in them caused by my pointy big toe nails etc. I still have one pair in somewhat of an wearable condition.

I bought some Elite Socks from Nike thinking they would fit this spot but WTF, these are like wearing your regular everyday socks compared to Elite Versatilitys!! I'm slipping and sliding inside my shoe, feel like I have zero arch support, there's no padding in them and that material makes my feet sweat like a mofo.

Are these really the best socks for basketball from Nike these days? I got so accustomed to Versa's that everything else feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, and not in a good way like that stupid sexy Flanders.

Not really an performance ahoe question, but I think I would get a best answer here.

So, I'm looking for new socks especially for basketball. Had a few pairs of Nike's Elite Versatility socks but now they are really coming to end of their lifecycle since I have sewed the holes shut in them caused by my pointy big toe nails etc. I still have one pair in somewhat of an wearable condition.

I bought some Elite Socks from Nike thinking they would fit this spot but WTF, these are like wearing your regular everyday socks compared to Elite Versatilitys!! I'm slipping and sliding inside my shoe, feel like I have zero arch support, there's no padding in them and that material makes my feet sweat like a mofo.

Are these really the best socks for basketball from Nike these days? I got so accustomed to Versa's that everything else feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, and not in a good way like that stupid sexy Flanders.
Damn I didn’t know elite socks got worse. I still wear the older design ones I’ve had for a while. Funny enough my friend gave me three pairs of size Medium, I normally wear a large since I have a size 10.5 shoe, but the mediums fit nicer to me. The large ones run up to my calf while the medium sit short, like a quarter cut.

For me personally, Thorlos are the best socks I've ever worn for basketball. They're super thick, which I highly prefer, though they used to be thicker all over and now it's mainly on the toes and the bottom part of the heel. They are kind of pricey, though on-par/cheaper than what Nike Elites used to be (I haven't paid attention to those in years) and in my opinion, they're much better. I pasted the link to their "basketball" socks, but the tennis or any similar sports' socks with "maximum cushion" would work well, too.

Not sure if I'm going to explain myself properly but just wondering if anyone else has issues with discomfort while breaking in new shoes now a days compared to maybe 5-10 years ago?

Seems to be happening quite frequently lately (as in the past 1-2 years). It's not really pain just numbness/discomfort in my feet. I don't crank the laces either, just enough to be secure but not super snug. The feeling usually goes away after a couple of wears on the court. I need to loosen the laces when taking a breather to let my feet relax.

I used to be able to throw on a pair of Kobe's and was good to go out of the box. Maybe I'm just getting too old and my foot muscles don't like the constant change.

Probably just getting old :lol:

Not sure if I'm going to explain myself properly but just wondering if anyone else has issues with discomfort while breaking in new shoes now a days compared to maybe 5-10 years ago?

Seems to be happening quite frequently lately (as in the past 1-2 years). It's not really pain just numbness/discomfort in my feet. I don't crank the laces either, just enough to be secure but not super snug. The feeling usually goes away after a couple of wears on the court. I need to loosen the laces when taking a breather to let my feet relax.

I used to be able to throw on a pair of Kobe's and was good to go out of the box. Maybe I'm just getting too old and my foot muscles don't like the constant change.

Ive been having that issue too. Either the shoes are getting narrower or my feet are getting wider, or both. Only thing that helps is buying half a size bigger.

Ive been having that issue too. Either the shoes are getting narrower or my feet are getting wider, or both. Only thing that helps is buying half a size bigger.

I read that your feet do get wider as you get older, but mine are still not there (yet).

Not sure if it's entirely the width as I have some shoes that are .5 bigger and they did give me issues during break in too (Kobe protros and Kyrie infinity to be specific)

I read that your feet do get wider as you get older, but mine are still not there (yet).

Not sure if it's entirely the width as I have some shoes that are .5 bigger and they did give me issues during break in too (Kobe protros and Kyrie infinity to be specific)
Having the same issues with those shoes. I think the zoom turbo is just thicker which makes the shoe more cramped inside. Need to break in the midsole foam which lets the foot sit a little lower in the shoe. It’s not a fun breakin process lol

Def size up if there’s any type of forefoot discomfort. You’re fine with a thumbs width of toe room. For sure.

But yeah. Break in time sucks. I get the “]lqear around the house” method but type but to be just walking or standing don’t help all the way. You need to sweat in the shoe for a good break in

Def size up if there’s any type of forefoot discomfort. You’re fine with a thumbs width of toe room. For sure.

But yeah. Break in time sucks. I get the “]lqear around the house” method but type but to be just walking or standing don’t help all the way. You need to sweat in the shoe for a good break in

already have a thumbnail on my size 11's.. 11.5 is slightly more space that i normally like but it's playable.

Depends on the shoe really. Off the top of my head Jas, Lukas, Melos were good to go out the box for me but the Kyrie infinity, 36s, cosmic unity had a break in period that would kill my arches or my foot would go numb trying to figure out the proper lace tightness on the initial wears.

Depends on the shoe really. Off the top of my head Jas, Lukas, Melos were good to go out the box for me but the Kyrie infinity, 36s, cosmic unity had a break in period that would kill my arches or my foot would go numb trying to figure out the proper lace tightness on the initial wears.

Never had fit issues with Lukas either. They fit perfectly. Too bad they perform poorly.

Li-Ning All City 11

I won’t go in depth as there are a ton of reviews on these shoes online but I will agree with most of them that they do not disappoint. They feel really good and didn’t need break-in at all. My “issue” with new kicks that I posted on the last page with regards to foot discomfort was non existent, so I’m not sure if it’s the materials or what.. but that was a relief. Traction was good on a proper court, "okay" on a laminate court (expected). Lock down good, no heel slippage. Cushion not as good as zoom but it’s still responsive. It was good enough not to cause any ache’s the day of/after like some shoes.

Overall, I’m happy with this “budget” purchase and I will be adding them to my rotation. Int

It still feels kind of weird wearing a brand for basketball that isn’t Nike/Jordan but I’ll get over it. I want to see these companies succeed to put some pressure on Nike as I feel they have taken their foot off the gas pedal in recent years.

Li-Ning All City 11

I won’t go in depth as there are a ton of reviews on these shoes online but I will agree with most of them that they do not disappoint. They feel really good and didn’t need break-in at all. My “issue” with new kicks that I posted on the last page with regards to foot discomfort was non existent, so I’m not sure if it’s the materials or what.. but that was a relief. Traction was good on a proper court, "okay" on a laminate court (expected). Lock down good, no heel slippage. Cushion not as good as zoom but it’s still responsive. It was good enough not to cause any ache’s the day of/after like some shoes.

Overall, I’m happy with this “budget” purchase and I will be adding them to my rotation. Int

It still feels kind of weird wearing a brand for basketball that isn’t Nike/Jordan but I’ll get over it. I want to see these companies succeed to put some pressure on Nike as I feel they have taken their foot off the gas pedal in recent years.

As long as Li-Ning makes it hard for the US market to purchase their shoes, they aren’t putting any pressure on Nike.

$225+ $30 shipping for shoes that you can’t try on first ( Way of Wade 10’s) is a complete non starter for most and it doesn’t matter how many outstanding reviews they get.

As long as Li-Ning makes it hard for the US market to purchase their shoes, they aren’t putting any pressure on Nike.

$225+ $30 shipping for shoes that you can’t try on first ( Way of Wade 10’s) is a complete non starter for most and it doesn’t matter how many outstanding reviews they get.

for sure, they're asking for too much considering their shoes go for like $50USD if you live in China.

Love em but my white low pair pretty beat up now. Lasted about 6 runs before they get dirty

I am in search for a new shoe for sunday but NOTHING in stores haha.
it's only dirt! im sure they nice and broken in now, in their sweet spot. haha.

a buddy showed up to run in a fresh pair of them last night, theyre FIRE. I want that royal blue colorway

Back
Top Bottom