Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Only concern I have on these insole is the sizing. I ordered the 11.5-14 size because it stated you could cut the insole to fit your sneaker. Wondering if I should have tried to 10-11 (Size 11 is my true size)??

JS”

i haven't hoop in like 3 months (due to a foot injury) so hopping when i get out there im good to go over the weekend. insoled will def be in my bag.

Only concern I have on these insole is the sizing. I ordered the 11.5-14 size because it stated you could cut the insole to fit your sneaker. Wondering if I should have tried to 10-11 (Size 11 is my true size)??

JS”
I wear a size 11 as well. When I took out the Freak 1 soles, I compared them, and they are the same length. Didn’t have to trim them but I did anyways. They fit perfect.

if you got the 11.5 you’ll probably have to trim the outer edge

Just want y’all to remember these provide some decent cushion, don’t expect them to be on par with shoes with zoom already built in lol

ForNarnia ForNarnia you the man.
Just got these in, these are definitely nike zoom air insoles.

I have the ZF1s all bros but the insoles are heavily glued to strobel. Not willing to destroy a rare sneaker, but threw these into my Flyknit Aj1s and these are straight money now.

Think im gonna cop 2 more pairs for the stash box.

End of 2019 is coming. What top 3 shoes did everyone hoop in?

Been a bit since I've logged on and late to this but had to jump on it.

1. Zoom Kobe 1 Protro
The original ZK1 was a performance monster for me, wore them my senior year of HS and first year of college. The adjustments made from the original made them even better.

2. Kobe AD NXT FF
I thought these were a sleeper for performance. They were light weight, supportive, gripped well, and while the FF system isn't perfect it was nice to have a quick fit adjustment.

3. Nike Air Zoom UNVRS FlyEase
Full warning, I'm very biased with these since I helped design/develop. But I thought overall they are a good performance shoe. The full length zoom strobel is amazing, the fit is a bit snug, gripped well. Overall was happy with how these came out.

Been a bit since I've logged on and late to this but had to jump on it.

1. Zoom Kobe 1 Protro
The original ZK1 was a performance monster for me, wore them my senior year of HS and first year of college. The adjustments made from the original made them even better.

2. Kobe AD NXT FF
I thought these were a sleeper for performance. They were light weight, supportive, gripped well, and while the FF system isn't perfect it was nice to have a quick fit adjustment.

3. Nike Air Zoom UNVRS FlyEase
Full warning, I'm very biased with these since I helped design/develop. But I thought overall they are a good performance shoe. The full length zoom strobel is amazing, the fit is a bit snug, gripped well. Overall was happy with how these came out.

You helped design the Zoom UNVRS?? Niiiiiice. They didn’t work for me on the ankle achilles portion but I thought the concept was cool and something different.

JS”

Alright maybe there was a reason why they were only charging $3 this time :smh:

My 2nd pair came in and they really gave me a used pair, already trimmed and worn, smh.
E113AABF-20EE-4B1C-8FB1-1B1B1700A173.jpeg

Edit: already having a replacement that will be here tomorrow. Better not be used this time:lol:

Last edited:
Which insoles exactly on amazon are you guys saying are the Zoom ones? Cause I don’t see them.

Alright maybe there was a reason why they were only charging $3 this time :smh:

My 2nd pair came in and they really gave me a used pair, already trimmed and worn, smh.
E113AABF-20EE-4B1C-8FB1-1B1B1700A173.jpeg

Edit: already having a replacement that will be here tomorrow. Better not be used this time:lol:
Mines were def brand new, and not the 1st time Amazon sent a used item. Mfers gave me used cell phone battery that didn't work, i was heated.

Got my insoles from amazon yesterday (1 day shipping with prime...can’t beat that). I’m a size 11.5 in most Nike and went with the 11.5-14 insole. Out of the box these MFers are big compared to most stock insoles. I trimmed the front down lengthwise but I also had to take a little bit of the sides too just cuz they’re so wide. The heel portion is also much wider than most insoles but I didn’t take any off that part.

Threw em in a couple different pairs just to get a feel. These are definitely thicker than most stock insoles and add a significant amount of height to the forefoot and heel. If your shoes are already tight these will make them even tighter. The heel lockdown is also affected slightly because of this. I found that they worked best in highs/mids/lows with a higher cut heel the freak 1s. Tried them in the Kobe IV protros and could not get them to fit right.

Ended up throwing them in a pair of WNZ3s and they actually worked pretty well. The extra zoom feel is money. Makes shoes way more responsive and bouncy.

All in all, for 7 Bucks shipped these were a steal. I’m actually curious to see if the foam of the midsole breaks in more and flattens out a bit over time so that they fit into more shoes. If that happens then these are going into everything lol. Another option would be to just remove the zoom bag from the insole it comes with and stick em underneath some thinner ones like the ones adidas has been using lately.

Yeah, put mine in these freaks and it made them even tighter smh. But I know a 13 would be too big and I do not feel like searching for a 12.5.

They def feel good though, might try a different shoe in my og sz 12. The freaks just feel so tight with this sole in.

Yeah, put mine in these freaks and it made them even tighter smh. But I know a 13 would be too big and I do not feel like searching for a 12.5.

They def feel good though, might try a different shoe in my og sz 12. The freaks just feel so tight with this sole in.
Did you remove the og insoles from the ZF1's

Mine come tmrw and I Am going to try them in Jordan 1 lows. Especially the Nike SB pairs that already have zoom in the heel. Prob make everything else snug too tho.

Mine come tmrw and I Am going to try them in Jordan 1 lows. Especially the Nike SB pairs that already have zoom in the heel. Prob make everything else snug too tho.

You called it on that Freak 1 bro, took em back today hahaha. This insole helped a ton but was too tight and that shoe just overall doesn't work for me hahaha

My zoom insoles came today. The zoom is thick and legit. Did a test fit in some shoes. They fit and feel great in the boots, SB dunks, and AJ1s I tried. I like my basketball shoes snug and these insoles feel too thick for most of them. I do have a few pairs that feel 1/4 to 1/2 size big (KT4s, Kobe Xs, Dame 2s) and these fit nicely. They feel really good in the Dame 2s and Kobe Xs. Looking forward to getting more time with them to see if they are better suited for casual or performance shoes.

The heel is a little wider than normal on the insoles.

But it works for me on the Freak 1s, the laces on the shoes run short. If I put them through the last hole, I don’t have enough length to tie bunny ears, if I put them through second to last hole, it’s too to lose in the ankle, with the zoom insoles, it makes it more snug with my lace setup.

Don’t know what I want to do with my second pair, thinking about trying them in a pair of Lebron 11s that had lunar soles bottom out on me

Hooped in these today with my flyknkt AJ1s, my feet actually don't feel like it's burning on fire. These definitely worked well for me, and mind you i played in these on a concrete slab. Once i break these more in, ill be good to go.

I have plenty of shoes that i think these will fit well in, so ill def cop some more.

Hooped in these today with my flyknkt AJ1s, my feet actually don't feel like it's burning on fire. These definitely worked well for me, and mind you i played in these on a concrete slab. Once i break these more in, ill be good to go.

I have plenty of shoes that i think these will fit well in, so ill def cop some more.
hooped as in just a shootaround? how can you play in that shoe with flyknit upper... containment gotta be an issue?!

Back
Top Bottom