Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Haven’t seen those but just goes to show you can get a great performance shoe without spending a ton of money on em.
066B90AF-8EC9-428E-B708-8B58A2AFACE8.png

AND1 Attack 3.0

B bigHazy32 did NB take the 2 wxy’s back?

Ended up going to hoop today lol. Will bring them back tomorrow 🤣

Had an Off day shooting 3s today. Gym was very hot and humid and the ball was sticking to my fingers. Made up for it with mid range, drives, and defense and rebounding and passing.

Felt weird missing so much today though. Gotta get some reps in tomorrow. I’ve been busy training other people lately and haven’t really done any shooting myself haha.

Last edited:
Whoa did not know and1 is still producing stuff
Got a lot of retros coming back (Rise and Chosen already) and the Attack line is really good. Great traction indoors and out and cushioning like a springy boost. They just can’t get over the “Walmart” stigma.

My team shoe was the AND 1 Desire. I think Kobe wore them for a few games in 03. They were awful. My big toe has never felt right since playing in those.

I think from 2000-2004 was a rough time for performance shoes.

Yeah they really weren’t interesting from 1998 til mid 2004 with the Nike 2k4 Huarache and then the Lebron and Kobe lines.

Wasn’t the biggest fan of the 2k3 and Jet Flights. Didn’t they have some Air Max Force line?

My team shoe was the AND 1 Desire. I think Kobe wore them for a few games in 03. They were awful. My big toe has never felt right since playing in those.

I think from 2000-2004 was a rough time for performance shoes.
I was broke and in high school, so I played in mostly Reebok iverson models that I got for like $40 in outlets. Never really had Nikes at all until college.

Ran through so many pairs of answer 4s in high school! Super baggy shorts and no show socks just like AI too 😄

My school had a dress code so I rocked them with polo and khakis Monday through Friday 🤣

Yeah they really weren’t interesting from 1998 til mid 2004 with the Nike 2k4 Huarache and then the Lebron and Kobe lines.

Wasn’t the biggest fan of the 2k3 and Jet Flights. Didn’t they have some Air Max Force line?

That is the Flightposite era though, as well as several other “posites” that weren’t slouches. And I can’t speak for everyone, but I loved hooping in the original BB4.
Ah, yeah! There were a few shoes that were nice. I completely forgot about one of my favorite shoes, the Hyperflights.

All I could think about was having to play in those And1s, then Nike Shox and that Adidas shoe that mimicked shox.
I was broke and in high school, so I played in mostly Reebok iverson models that I got for like $40 in outlets. Never really had Nikes at all until college.

Ran through so many pairs of answer 4s in high school! Super baggy shorts and no show socks just like AI too 😄

My school had a dress code so I rocked them with polo and khakis Monday through Friday 🤣
Same here. $40 dollars was the magic number lol. I was getting Reeboks, And1s, and I was lucky Promodel 2gs.

Ah, yeah! There were a few shoes that were nice. I completely forgot about one of my favorite shoes, the Hyperflights.

All I could think about was having to play in those And1s, then Nike Shox and that Adidas shoe that mimicked shox.

Same here. $40 dollars was the magic number lol. I was getting Reeboks, And1s, and I was lucky Promodel 2gs.
I forgot about the pro models. Those were definitely the team shoes in HS and parts of college too!

Man… these feel tight as hell. Not sure if I can play in them lol. Guess my feet have gotten bigger since 2012… lol

Attachments

• A4166656-A116-460F-BBA1-28DAE99EDFF6.jpeg
    A4166656-A116-460F-BBA1-28DAE99EDFF6.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 316
16s outdoors, shot around a bit while I waited to pick up my son. Now I gotta clean the soles when I get home 😂

Attachments

• 8835DE7F-EABC-4716-BF0B-679AA8B9A76C.jpeg
    8835DE7F-EABC-4716-BF0B-679AA8B9A76C.jpeg
    686.8 KB · Views: 445
Current rotation, unfortunately had to pull the Kobe 1 Protro out of the rotation as my legs and feet don't like the shoe anymore...

Kobe 4 protros
Kobe 5 protros
Kobe 6 protros
Kyrie infinity ID
Luka 1

What's everyone's go to setup in their shoes?

Do you go stock?
Move insoles?
Other insoles?
Custom orthotics?

Since my work covers 100% for orthotics I decided to get a pair because why not.. $450 later and it's one of the best things I could have done. I've been playing in orthotics for about half a year now and while I *don't* think it makes me perform better, I can definitely feel it in my legs and feet after I play or the day after.

Still stock insoles for now but I am thinking of getting move game day insoles. My main hold back is that some of my shoes are size 10 and some are 10.5. I don’t really wanna buy two sets of insoles as they aren’t cheap.

I had to stop playing today cause my feet and ankles Were starting to ache pretty bad. Been playing a ton lately and also doing a lot of training on court. My feet need a rest lol.

Still stock insoles for now but I am thinking of getting move game day insoles. My main hold back is that some of my shoes are size 10 and some are 10.5. I don’t really wanna buy two sets of insoles as they aren’t cheap.

I had to stop playing today cause my feet and ankles Were starting to ache pretty bad. Been playing a ton lately and also doing a lot of training on court. My feet need a rest lol.

Not sure if the move insoles would act the same but I wear 11 and 11.5. My orthotics are cut to 11 but still work in the 11.5 (don't slide forward at all). There is a gritty type material under the orthotic that prevents it from sliding forward.

I have move Gameday Pros and i'm a size 10.5 in bball shoes and i ordered a 10.5 and the packaging stated 10-10.5 so you should be good.

I like them, however, they *personally* don't work for every shoe to me. They're amazing in my PG5's (imo, they work the best here out of all my sneakers in my regular rotation) and Kobe 5 protros. I didn't like them in my Kobe 6s and Lebron 20s at all - it ruined the fit for me altogether especially in the Lebron 20s. I wanted to try them out in my KD14s but i gave up trying to remove the stock insole. I initially liked them in my Luka 1s, but I ended up rolling my ankle twice while planting for a change of direction (thankfully only minor) and my guess is, it raised the heel profile high enough + combined with the narrow heel base of the Luka 1s, caused some instability. So I went back to stock insoles on those.

I have move Gameday Pros and i'm a size 10.5 in bball shoes and i ordered a 10.5 and the packaging stated 10-10.5 so you should be good.

I like them, however, they *personally* don't work for every shoe to me. They're amazing in my PG5's (imo, they work the best here out of all my sneakers in my regular rotation) and Kobe 5 protros. I didn't like them in my Kobe 6s and Lebron 20s at all - it ruined the fit for me altogether especially in the Lebron 20s. I wanted to try them out in my KD14s but i gave up trying to remove the stock insole. I initially liked them in my Luka 1s, but I ended up rolling my ankle twice while planting for a change of direction (thankfully only minor) and my guess is, it raised the heel profile high enough + combined with the narrow heel base of the Luka 1s, caused some instability. So I went back to stock insoles on those.
Wow, thanks for the info. I mainly wear lebron 20 and Kobe 6…. Damn!

I do want a pair of the move game day

I honestly change insoles in causal shoes more than hoop shoes

Plus I wear a lot of the 36 and those insole basically mold to your foot, similar to the Kobe 6

Wow, thanks for the info. I mainly wear lebron 20 and Kobe 6…. Damn!
I think with the Kobe 6s - personally, they're the perfect hoop shoes for what i'm looking for as they are, and as jaynev jaynev said, the insoles mold to your foot. So i feel like any alteration to it, even just slight ones, just throws me off.

For the Lebron 20s, i feel like the Gameday Pros raise me up more than i feel comfortable with in the heel. I like them as it stock anyway. The insoles on those aren't too bad.

The Kobe 6 insoles have molded a little too well lol. There’s big indentations where my toes go haha and the shoe feels a little loose now due to it.

Back
Top Bottom