Nike Devin Booker 1

Wow…

IMG_3297.jpeg

They've definitely fumbled the launch and looking below shows you that Nike's currently clueless.

we really gonna act like these aren’t exactly like the Air Force One Downtowns that nobody wanted?

We’re halfway through the season, and still no release. A few dropping in Feb, but no orange or purple?

We’ve been patiently waiting about 4 to 5 months and it’s just a little frustrating to see all these PE’s that we probably can’t get plus I’m still salty about that initial Art Basel release. But still, I’m in for every color. But if they flop, it’s not cause the shoe is whack, it’s possibly the unorganized rollout and attempt at hyping these up way too early before people could even purchase them. Just drop the shoes. Die hard Booker/Suns fans will cop and so will average hoopers and consumers who can see these just being a lifestyle shoe. And I’m not gonna hold my breath for GS or Preschool sizes. Would be cool tho, as my kid enjoys watching suns games with me.

Last edited:
i think majority of us know Nike Basketball fumbled the rollout. We’re halfway through the season, and still no release. A few dropping in Feb, but no orange or purple?

Meanwhile players like Anthony Edwards had his debut signature in all major sneaker retailers. Tatum 1s and Luka 1s are everywhere collecting dust. Ja 1s drop regularly, Sabrina 1s are on Nike By You.

We’ve been patiently waiting about 4 to 5 months and it’s just a little frustrating to see all these PE’s that we probably can’t get plus I’m still salty about that initial Art Basel release. But still, I’m in for every color. But if they flop, it’s not cause the shoe is whack, it’s the unorganized rollout and lame attempt at hyping these up way too early before people could even purchase them. Just drop the shoes. Die hard Booker/Suns fans will cop and so will average hoopers and consumers who can see these just being a lifestyle shoe. And I’m not gonna hold my breath for GS or Preschool sizes. Would be cool tho, as my kid enjoys watching suns games with me.

Nike wants to stagger releases, which I completely understand. However, what they're doing is clearly not working. They are showing product way too early. The book1 shoulda been announced in Jan/Feb for a Feb release. Remember when lebron debuted the 14 (?) out of nowhere, no leaks, no announcements? That's what should be happening. We don't need to see a sneaker 5 months early.

As for shoes collecting dust.. there's a few reasons why that come to mind
  • shoes in retail stores are rarely the same ones that players wear. we get *** releases while the players get decent colourways.
  • there's simply too many colourways being released. we don't need a new one every few weeks. release a handful during the season, 1 for the playoffs and 1 for the finals (if that player makes it). put the shoe on NBY if the person who likes that shoe isn't a fan of what's released, they can make their own and nike can make an extra $10-20.
  • they're getting more expensive with less / worse tech.
  • not everyone is a sneakerhead and wants to collect them all. most people buy 1 pair every 2 years. most people at my local LA fitness are hoopin in shoes that are 2+ years old. these aren't some regular dudes either, they hoop. funny enough the ones that cook everyone have the most random beat shoes sometimes. some dude was cookin everyone in beat up jordan 5's a few weeks back.
  • they have pissed off a lot of people from the Nike basketball line that people are buying Chinese brand shoes that don't even have a retail store. this not a bad thing, this is a good thing. competition is good and nike's ego clearly got to them. Li-Ning, 361 degrees, Anta arguably have better performers than 99% of the nike basketball line.

Nike wants to stagger releases, which I completely understand. However, what they're doing is clearly not working. They are showing product way too early. The book1 shoulda been announced in Jan/Feb for a Feb release. Remember when lebron debuted the 14 (?) out of nowhere, no leaks, no announcements? That's what should be happening. We don't need to see a sneaker 5 months early.

As for shoes collecting dust.. there's a few reasons why that come to mind
  • shoes in retail stores are rarely the same ones that players wear. we get *** releases while the players get decent colourways.
  • there's simply too many colourways being released. we don't need a new one every few weeks. release a handful during the season, 1 for the playoffs and 1 for the finals (if that player makes it). put the shoe on NBY if the person who likes that shoe isn't a fan of what's released, they can make their own and nike can make an extra $10-20.
  • they're getting more expensive with less / worse tech.
  • not everyone is a sneakerhead and wants to collect them all. most people buy 1 pair every 2 years. most people at my local LA fitness are hoopin in shoes that are 2+ years old. these aren't some regular dudes either, they hoop. funny enough the ones that cook everyone have the most random beat shoes sometimes. some dude was cookin everyone in beat up jordan 5's a few weeks back.
  • they have pissed off a lot of people from the Nike basketball line that people are buying Chinese brand shoes that don't even have a retail store. this not a bad thing, this is a good thing. competition is good and nike's ego clearly got to them. Li-Ning, 361 degrees, Anta arguably have better performers than 99% of the nike basketball line.
Yea I agree with all that except the staggering of releases. Nike will drop whatever they can whenever they can to continue to profit. Like you said, I think they just started showing them way too early and also I think they might not have had these ready to go for full production.

Like the colorways but...

Devin Booker’s inaugural shoe, the Nike Book 1, expands its color choices this Summer 2024, drawing inspiration from Booker’s encounter with a reptile during a hike, as revealed in an internal Nike document seen by Complex. Each release shares a thematic connection.
freestar
The initial design, named “Hike,” reflects Booker’s passion for nature. Following that, the “Haven” edition pays homage to his dog’s name, while the “Rattlesnake” variant draws inspiration from a snake spotted during a hike with his canine companion.

Nike officially unveiled the Book 1 in September 2023, mentioning a Spring 2024 release. A limited run of the “Clay Orange” shade debuted in December at Miami’s Unknwn store, where 500 numbered pairs were available during Art Basel week.

C'mon Nike :lol:

if the rattle snake has white leather instead of white nubuck/suede. That's the pair I'm going for.

Back
Top Bottom