Release Date: Summer 2024
Price: $150
Nike-Book-1-Haven-FJ4249-001-1.jpg

Nike Book 1 “Haven”
Color: Black/Hemp-Metallic Red Bronze
Style Code: FJ4249-001
Release Date: Summer 2024
Price: $140

i think majority of us know Nike Basketball fumbled the rollout. We’re halfway through the season, and still no release. A few dropping in Feb, but no orange or purple?

Meanwhile players like Anthony Edwards had his debut signature in all major sneaker retailers. Tatum 1s and Luka 1s are everywhere collecting dust. Ja 1s drop regularly, Sabrina 1s are on Nike By You.

We’ve been patiently waiting about 4 to 5 months and it’s just a little frustrating to see all these PE’s that we probably can’t get plus I’m still salty about that initial Art Basel release. But still, I’m in for every color. But if they flop, it’s not cause the shoe is whack, it’s the unorganized rollout and lame attempt at hyping these up way too early before people could even purchase them. Just drop the shoes. Die hard Booker/Suns fans will cop and so will average hoopers and consumers who can see these just being a lifestyle shoe. And I’m not gonna hold my breath for GS or Preschool sizes. Would be cool tho, as my kid enjoys watching suns games with me.

There's no hiding sneakers anymore, because everyone has a phone and social media.

They might as well embrace the inevitable.

How is the rollout bad, when they're still going to release? It's just that people have no patience and want everything now. They're still releasing. You think showing a sneaker one day and dropping them two weeks later is going to improve sales?

There's no hiding sneakers anymore, because everyone has a phone and social media.

They might as well embrace the inevitable.

How is the rollout bad, when they're still going to release? It's just that people have no patience and want everything now. They're still releasing. You think showing a sneaker one day and dropping them two weeks later is going to improve sales?

It’s a Bad rollout because their first initial drop was a limited one at Art Basel. No other signature Nike athlete released their first color of their first signature shoe in limited quantity, so why start now? Didn’t even seem like Booker was supportive of that move.
It seems like Nike had cold feet with this release all together, so they’re pumping out player exclusives to get people excited about them, or at the very least garner some hype around them. There was a clip on complex sneakers too where the host had said it’s been a fumble of a rollout and Book commented “a lot of people feel that way”, maybe he feels that way. Shaq feels that way too as he tried to recruit Book to Reebok in the comments. I get you on the patience piece, and I feel like we’ve been patient, however I’m comparing this release to the Ja 1. They previewed the shoes, a few weeks to a month went by and you could buy them. Why is this not being done like that?

Nike rarely does any team-colored, complimentary, or "clean" colorways anymore.

Every new shoe is a competition to get the most clashing flashy or pastel colors possible.
True, but KD16s came out in a few suns colorways from jump. And then they put out the college/highscool team colors like white and black, white and red, white and blue.
The first orange Book 1 is very suns. That should be the one releasing first. Not these light Orewood brown joints

It’s a Bad rollout because their first initial drop was a limited one at Art Basel. No other signature Nike athlete released their first color of their first signature shoe in limited quantity, so why start now? Didn’t even seem like Booker was supportive of that move.
It seems like Nike had cold feet with this release all together, so they’re pumping out player exclusives to get people excited about them, or at the very least garner some hype around them. There was a clip on complex sneakers too where the host had said it’s been a fumble of a rollout and Book commented “a lot of people feel that way”, maybe he feels that way. Shaq feels that way too as he tried to recruit Book to Reebok in the comments. I get you on the patience piece, and I feel like we’ve been patient, however I’m comparing this release to the Ja 1. They previewed the shoes, a few weeks to a month went by and you could buy them. Why is this not being done like that?
PG 1 Pre Heat was a limited release with 2500 units, where I believe everyone or at least the majority that wanted a pair, got a pair.
With 2500 pairs of the orange Devin Booker shoe, it would have been the same, but 500 was way to little!

PG 1 Pre Heat was a limited release with 2500 units, where I believe everyone or at least the majority that wanted a pair, got a pair.
With 2500 pairs of the orange Devin Booker shoe, it would have been the same, but 500 was way to little!
Oh damn, didn’t even know those were limited. I saw them sitting in my area back in 2017

Back
Top Bottom