Nike Doernbecher X freestyle collection 2013

exactly man and I appreciate you sharing your situation because it makes me 100% sure that I was screwed over for one reason or another, just like you were.  It's BS.  
**** happens man. I feel you. Nike was getting bombarded. I got this after I got Jake's free runs in my cart. I was never able to checkout with them. I think Nike just got hit really hard.

its more about Internet connection speed than how fast your computer is. A $500 laptop can load a webpage with some text and a few images just as fast as one with a souped up processor and RAM. If that $500 laptop has more downstream bandwidth and less ping than you, then he's probably gonna be the one who gets the shoes.
Loads of people get the connection error while they're in line for every release. Not just today's DB releases. And I'm willing to bet that 99% of the time it's just because the site showed them a connection error instead of a sold out popup.
This is true but RAM and CPU play a major role in performance time. Basically^^^

1. Get a healthy internet connection with good latency and low hops 

2. THEN start investing in hardware changes that will nominally better your chances.
laugh.gif

This is true but RAM and CPU play a major role in performance time. Basically^^^

2. THEN start investing in hardware changes that will nominally better your chances.
laugh.gif
He is right but I already have great internet.  All top end, including an ethernet cord into the computer, so I am not on a fluctuating internet connection.  When I refresh it looks like my page blinks, no visible load time.  I open a new page and the page is fully loaded before I can even comprehend what I am looking at.  My computer is more than good enough for this.

Also I'm talking to customer service and they are claiming they don't have any idea about an error message

Those pictures are amazing. I need to get those foams somehow, would look amazing next to my Paranormans as well
eek.gif

For all the people that these were ugly, it was a damn zoo at Niketown. Line was still outside the door after 11 AM. Nothing but hypebeasts and resellers out there literally loading cars with bags. Scenes like that where you ask why are you into sneakers.

Curious how many who got through online DIDNT USE A BOT!

I'm of the feeling that 1/4 to 1/3 did through speed/luck. The majority I'm willing to suspect had some type of assistance.

I got on this morning expecting to lose like always, cause I haven't gotten any DB releases since the Superman IV's. I get the sold out as soon as I go for the Foams in my size, I kept trying and after about 10mins, I started getting the 'in other peoples carts', so it gave me a little hope and kept trying. After another 15mins, now it's about 8:30, I finally get thru and able to check out!!! Then I go back for the X's and got thru right away! Wow, I couldn't even get thru on the Lebron FI's last week and now I feel like I won the Lottery. 8)
I finally feel vindicated for All the other loses.:D

Bottom line is if dudes have figured out to pull the twitter link the sec it goes live and have it prerogrammed to select the item/size and add it to your cart, super fast computers/internet will always be behind..
Until NDC can definitively sort out those using these BOTS and canceling all orders as a result, they'll always be around.

He is right but I already have great internet.  All top end, including an ethernet cord into the computer, so I am not on a fluctuating internet connection.  When I refresh it looks like my page blinks, no visible load time.  I open a new page and the page is fully loaded before I can even comprehend what I am looking at.  My computer is more than good enough for this.

Also I'm talking to customer service and they are claiming they don't have any idea about an error message
Good looks. Me too. I didn't have time to sit down in live chat so I fired off an email just asking them what it was about and if I could've done anything on my end to prevent it.

i scooped the DB Free Runs this morning off NDC.  hope they look better in person.   Pics aren't doing much justice IMO

Good looks. Me too. I didn't have time to sit down in live chat so I fired off an email just asking them what it was about and if I could've done anything on my end to prevent it.
Don't expect to get anywhere.  I kept asking them to speak with someone higher up and they refused to give me any contact info.  Whatever it was that happened they clearly know it was their fault but don't want to admit responsibility.  Honestly your story drives me crazy though.  I know I was quick enough on those X's and its so annoying that nike's mess up screwed over both of us

Oh yeah she mentioned clearing browser history as a possible solution but my instinct tells me that is just a bs deflection.  

what happened after u got that.  You had free runs in your cart but couldnt check out?

what happened after u got that.  You had free runs in your cart but couldnt check out?
Sorry. I worded it weird. I got to the free runs page no problem and got the pinwheel for a couple of seconds and it said it was added - showed the little badge on the cart in the top right. When I went to go click on my cart to checkout, I was greeted with that page. I tried refreshing and the whole 9 but I couldn't see my cart or my locker with iDs or anything. That being said, I literally watched myself get cart jacked. 
tired.gif
 What are you going to do? Wasn't in the cards.

Is anyone up at niketown LA thinking about heading up there to see if i can scoop up a pair of free runs..

Oh yeah she mentioned clearing browser history as a possible solution but my instinct tells me that is just a bs deflection.  
Yeah, I've been at this too long. I run CCleaner and basically wipe my computer of everything besides that whats needed for the release, nike login info, etc prior to game time. 

^ Not sure if you guys used bots, but if not, that's probably the clear cut #1 reason why you didn't get anything.

You need the perfect set of circumstances to cop if you're not using a bot. And I wouldn't necessarily call those free Chrome scripts floating around on YouTube "bots".

I've beeen getting the connection errors ever since they instituted the line system. 30mb cable internet and recently built computer, **** is just bad luck. I've gotten the error more times than I was able to get through. I barely bother with NDC anymore to be honest.

laugh.gif
6 PING 12GB RAM I7....STILL FAILED

Back
Top Bottom