Nike Flyknit Air Max 2014

Agreed. And for me, the thing that makes me really think that it is painted is the circle pattern on the fade. I mean, how are they going to get those circles with the knit?
if you look at the volt/orange pair released in 2014, on the heel you can see little dots in the flyknit detail. I think its definitely possible. For these IDs im leaning more towards that theyre actually woven in. Im just saying that saying GRs werent painted is not a valid argument for the IDs not being woven

I personally hate the laces the Flyknit Max comes with. I would normally down lace swap with these asap, t now with the HTM branding I gotta keep the flat laces on there. I wish Nike would've made better laces for such a premium shoe to match the great tech in the shoe

Thats not much of an argument considering no GR flyknit kobes were ever painted, but the IDs were. Nike needs to find a way to make IDs cheaper but still have a lot of options, so they resort to painting the flyknit. GRs are a lot easier because theyre just mass producing the same thing over and over again.

Running shoes are different as they are straight Flyknit. Basketball they need the support so it has to be backed by glue, tpu strands, even paint for rigidity. None of the Flyknit AM iDs were painted(I don't think).

Never mind saw the fade option on the Lunarepic and those are for sure painted. Still stand by these won't be painted.

Last edited:
Already got the started email
nthat.gif

Those pictures still make them look painted to me fluffy :lol: I guess we will just have to wait until pairs start coming in.

Question for sizing. When I click on the size chart for the air max IDs it says that size 7 is equal to 24.5 in cm. but on all of my other Nike shoes, the size 7 equals 25cm. Does anyone know if I should go half size up to the 7.5 to keep my cm size, or start tts with .5 less?

Question for sizing. When I click on the size chart for the air max IDs it says that size 7 is equal to 24.5 in cm. but on all of my other Nike shoes, the size 7 equals 25cm. Does anyone know if I should go half size up to the 7.5 to keep my cm size, or start tts with .5 less?

I had to drop a half size down on my am15's, so likely you'll need to do the same on these as the midsole/outsole seems to be the same

I had to drop a half size down on my am15's, so likely you'll need to do the same on these as the midsole/outsole seems to be the same
agree. my Flyknit Air Maxes are one size too big when i ordered true to size. i wear them anyways just fine, i hate returning/exchanging stuff.

Last edited:
^ Production dates are exactly one month before mine (3/11/15 is the start date on mine, not the end), and everything else looks good.  I'd say legit.  TTS or half size down seems to be the general consensus.  There was a discussion about it for the last few pages the you can go back and read if you are interested.

Anyone come up with some nice renderings for the IDs? Trying to cop a pair, but I just cant seem to decide on everything. Normally Id just order multiple pairs and return the ones i dont like, but that aint possible with a 265 price tag
I went in on iD's this week...   Should I have gone .5 down in these?

I went in on iD's this week...   Should I have gone .5 down in these?

I went tts and they fit kinda snug on the sides with no show dri-fit socks. If I wear running low cut socks they fit good. If I wear my elites, the will feel more snug. Wish I would of gone up .5.

I went tts and they fit kinda snug on the sides with no show dri-fit socks. If I wear running low cut socks they fit good. If I wear my elites, the will feel more snug. Wish I would of gone up .5.
Thanks.  Good to know.  Stayed TTS.

Back
Top Bottom