Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

Nice! Those are my favorite ones. I'm just not down to spend $300+ on them

I ended up returning my pair (Black/Grey) even with the 30% off... When I tried them on, they were all right. Then, I got home and took a few steps indoor, and I completely changed my mind. They just felt awkward to me. I'm the type that wants shoes to be comfy right out of the box (i.e. F1s). Not only that, I wasn't impressed how they looked on foot. I love how Nike pushes the limit with their innovations, but these are not for me. :frown:

In the case of the Free Flyknit, this combo seemed like a perfect marriage, but I think they're better suited atop Lunar and even Zoom (I can't believe I'm stating that :tongue:) tooling. In the meantime, I'll stick with the F1s for Flyknits and the FR2s for Frees.

Last edited:
^^ agreed ray. I am holding onto mine for the rep and the looks I get around town but as far as out of the box comfort, they are lacking. I would rather slip on my Flyknit trainers than these. It is definitely a feel that is new and to anyone reading this, go try on a pair before you buy.

I don't understand most of the complaints about this shoe. Yes, they have a tight fit. They're supposed to fit like a sock. That's how they've been advertised since Day 1 so you shouldn't expect something different upon purchasing. And they only look weird when you look straight down at them on your feet. But who cares about that. This is a performance shoe, and based on my personal workout experiences, they perform very well and they look great from the POV of most on-lookers. I give them 2 thumbs up. It's hard for me to compare them to the Trainers because it's really a totally different shoe with a totally different feel

I don't understand most of the complaints about this shoe. Yes, they have a tight fit. They're supposed to fit like a sock. That's how they've been advertised since Day 1 so you shouldn't expect something different upon purchasing.

This is BS, everyone has the right to complain and say how the shoe fits, it is good that it addresses an issue others may not expect from the shoe. Huarache trainers also has a sock like fit but it isn't as tight as these. Water shoes are also meant to have the same fit but those are more tolerable than these shoes.

Not everyone's foot are created equal, so has wider feet, some with higher instep or some with a flat foot. It's good to provide feedback here so people are aware before purchasing, especially for those who only buy online.

And to be honest, it is more of a concern than a full on complaint anyways. We were just asking for feedback. It would be good to see if others can provide info whether it stretches out or not.

After wearing them for a day and a half they do seem to stretch out a bit. I picked them up yesterday afternoon and wore them the rest of the day (including a plyo workout). By the end of the day my feet were kinda sore due to the tight fit and I was considering returning them. I decided to give it some more time to see if they would stretch a bit. I wore them most of the day today with little to no issue. They feel a lot more comfortable, and that tight uncomfortable feel has started to turn more into the second skin feel.

Just my $.02

One thing I've noticed with this shoe is that its not meant to be worn for 5+ hours at least not for me. In my opinion they are more geared towards a workout or run but not for casual all day wear. They are comfortable to me and after a week of having them it seems as if they have stretched out a bit but I don't see myself wearing these all day long like I do with the FK Lunar 1.

These shoes are different then most of the running shoes out right now. They were designed more for performance then casual wear in my opinion. If you can then try them on before you buy or buy from a website that allows returns and refunds even if you've worn them to see how they are for you.

One thing I've noticed with this shoe is that its not meant to be worn for 5+ hours

loosely translated to "don't wear these if the wife wants to go shopping."

They were designed more for performance than casual wear.

I would agree here. Although I don't mind working out with these and then running errands after. But same smell- not my go-to for casual wear.

Totally agree. I worried when I first tried them on because the collar was tight but after wearing them a couple of times, they feel amazing.

By the way, the retail price on City Pack pairs are $175.

The GR pairs I wanted the most 

Also have the NYCS
Quick question, I read somewhere in a Facebook group that the NYC's didn't come in half sizes.  Is that true?  Does the City Pack only come in whole sizes?

Quick question, I read somewhere in a Facebook group that the NYC's didn't come in half sizes.  Is that true?  Does the City Pack only come in whole sizes?
not correct , it's come with half size also the original price for them it's only 175$

Last edited:
Thanks!  I'm looking to pick up the Paris' on Friday so I wanted to make sure they came in half sizes. 
I think its a bit random regards half sizes I got my Paris city pack at Collette in Paris and they only received 9.5 US in half size unfortunately as the tier zero stockists keep things very quiet you probably won't know what they have until they go on sale

So for the guys that already have their pairs, if there are no half sizes, would you suggest going a half size up or a half size down?

i will choose correct size not up or down 

because this shoe true size 

I think tierzero was asking is size up/down if no .5 sizes were available. I'd probably go up considering how snug the elastic is in the collar. I tried .5 up, collar felt the same.

So for the guys that already have their pairs, if there are no half sizes, would you suggest going a half size up or a half size down?
I normally go half size up on most shoes as my feet are a bit wide. I could not get 11.5 (US) so got my true size 11 and they fit well, perfact length and a little tight on my left foot whuich is bigger but after 4 wears very comfortable, suggest trying on first but do not size down, i tried a pair or 11.5 briefly in another colourway and there is a noticable gap between end of my foot and front of shoe. UK sites recommend going half size up without socks and full size up with socks but this is too much and I find my true size fine with socks

This is BS, everyone has the right to complain and say how the shoe fits, it is good that it addresses an issue others may not expect from the shoe. Huarache trainers also has a sock like fit but it isn't as tight as these. Water shoes are also meant to have the same fit but those are more tolerable than these shoes.

Not everyone's foot are created equal, so has wider feet, some with higher instep or some with a flat foot. It's good to provide feedback here so people are aware before purchasing, especially for those who only buy online.

And to be honest, it is more of a concern than a full on complaint anyways. We were just asking for feedback. It would be good to see if others can provide info whether it stretches out or not.

Agreed.

I don't understand most of the complaints about this shoe. Yes, they have a tight fit. They're supposed to fit like a sock. That's how they've been advertised since Day 1 so you shouldn't expect something different upon purchasing. And they only look weird when you look straight down at them on your feet. But who cares about that. This is a performance shoe, and based on my personal workout experiences, they perform very well and they look great from the POV of most on-lookers. I give them 2 thumbs up. It's hard for me to compare them to the Trainers because it's really a totally different shoe with a totally different feel

I was VERY enthusiastic about this shoe, as you can tell with the amount of my replies I posted during the early pages of this thread. I LOVED the idea of having these fit like a sock! I also loved the look (at first). My original intention for these was strictly for casual wear. Heck, all my Flyknits are for casual wear. I don't want to beat them up with running / working out, as they look too damn nice to get all torn up. :tongue: I, for one, care how my shoes look worn from MY perspective. Most of the times, it can be a dealmaker/deal breaker. If someone else appreciates them, then cool. At the end of the day, I bought these for me. IMO, while this shoe looks very nice on hand with the zonal details and all, contrastingly, they aren't as aesthetically pleasing on foot nor are they something I'd wear for casual purposes. To sum it up, we all have our opinions, so this shoe may not be for everyone.

I'm no Olympian or anything, but I'm a pretty decent runner. I have a 1:33 PR for the half and a 3:30 PR for the full marathon, and I have hopes of making it to Boston one day. I always run in shoes I get for under $60. With that said, I'd definitely run in these if I ever find them at around $80 though...

Last edited:
Does anyone know where in Shanghai the City pack is being (or has been) released?  Which stores?

Back
Top Bottom