Nike Foamposite Pro Solar: Released 4/25/14

Was talking to one of my homies about this... Nowadays a lot of people come at the reseller...

Is it wrong to buy a shoe solely for trade bait?

He was saying buying a shoe just for trade bait is almost as bad as reselling, because your taking a shoe from someone else that could have copped to rock.

This is a grey area, but I think it does start to really get unfair based on rarity, demand, and resell value.

If the shoes aren't very hyped... trade bait isn't so bad. Many of the people who wanted them... got them.

But if you cop shoes that have doubled, or tripled in value from as soon as the launch date... this is where it ethically tends to get frowned upon.

We all want certain kicks... and we all want them for the lowest price.

Next time think twice if you're purchasing just to trade. You aren't wrong, but good/bad karma will always come around.

Def see what you're saying.

I'd figure it's somewhat appropriate to post in this thread because I've noticed some people doing this with their extra pairs.

Yeah.. I like to think...

How badly do I want these? What about everyone else?
How hard will I try to get these? What about everyone else?

If many other people want it just as bad as you do and the availability just isn't there, it's not only an act of kindness not to get greedy but also healthier for this hobby in the long run.

If the reselling force just becomes too strong and dominant, interest in sneaker collecting will crumble. People can only pushed so far before enough is enough

View media item 939737

Quote the freaking truth! nicely said gentlemen, this is the point that separates the real sneakermen from the fakes. This whole board been infiltrated

False

00d99645_image.jpeg
This order will be cancelled.

salud my dude

waiting for mine to arrive

Thanks

They're dope as hell I can't believe how strong the glow is, I really want a second pair these are gonna get a lot of wears, figures it rains up here today when I actually have a day to wear some kicks instead of dress shoes lol

I could've probably even went a full size up I have really wide feet. I'm just getting .5 up on most of my shoes now it's so much more comfortable

Trade bait isn't a bad thing. Think about it, if you have the opportunity to buy a shoe knowing it can get you a shoe that you really want but either cant afford or don't want to spend the extra cash to buy then why not do it? do you really care what everyone on this board thinks of your purchase? I'm not a reseller but I've learned they're just a part of the culture. The only people I don't like are the ones that end up with full size runs of a shoe just to flip for an obscene amount... if some kid stands in line for a few days to flip a Jordan for some extra money then more power to him, he's working the market and going for what he knows. Cats like NY&Co. that end up with 10+ pairs of Yeezy 2s for 5k a piece, they can eat a bag of male genetalia.

For those that didnt make it to the finish line....

what release was harder? Sat 8am or Fri 7pm?

fri day 7 pm actually

and to what gooze wrote: I admit that back like around 2004 if i remember correctly i purchased some royal foam pro b 10.5 ds for resale off iss. hella expensive. I would say that at that time foams were not highly popular let alone even noticed! nowadays I just notice a huge surge in all this "hype" for something that has high resale value. Can I honestly blame a consumer who "wants" to take "advantage" of a "chance" to make a little extra come up? No. Can I honestly blame a billion dollar revenue company for advertising and promoting their product using tactful methods to attract more buyers even if there is not enough shoes in stock for everyone? No. But I am peeved about how quickly reselling sneakers in general just blew up. Like out of nowhere to me what started the rollercoaster was the jordan XI spacejams. Until that drop honestly I never even noticed shoes of such caliber in general just flying off of shelves, never noticed all these "raffles", lineups, and other crazyness just to land a pair of regular sneakers that have been hyped highly. All I a really saying is that there are people who are taking advantage of sneakers to either profit, trade for something, or wear for pride AND then there are those who buy for half style half function like balling, and buying them cause you simply like the brand for what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat was easy I had them in my cart ASAP just couldn't check out

Last night I just waited in line for like 10 minutes until out of stock

fri day 7 pm actually

and to what gooze wrote: I admit that back like around 2004 if i remember correctly i purchased some royal foam pro b 10.5 ds for resale off iss. hella expensive. I would say that at that time foams were not highly popular let alone even noticed! nowadays I just notice a huge surge in all this "hype" for something that has high resale value. Can I honestly blame a consumer who "wants" to take "advantage" of a "chance" to make a little extra come up? No. Can I honestly blame a billion dollar revenue company for advertising and promoting their product using tactful methods to attract more buyers even if there is not enough shoes in stock for everyone? No. But I am peeved about how quickly reselling sneakers in general just blew up. Like out of nowhere to me what started the rollercoaster was the jordan XI spacejams. Until that drop honestly I never even noticed shoes of such caliber in general just flying off of shelves, never noticed all these "raffles", lineups, and other crazyness just to land a pair of regular sneakers that have been hyped highly. All I a really saying is that there are people who are taking advantage of sneakers to either profit, trade for something, or wear for pride AND then there are those who buy for half style half function like balling, and buying them cause you simply like the brand for what it is.
I definitely feel you, theres too much spotlight on it and everything sells out to people trying to make a buck. I think the South Beach Lebrons set the pace for +1000 being acceptable for resale of a not extremely rare shoe. Hell the first Yeezys were reselling at 600 and that was considered high, fast forward to 3000 being a steal for some red Y2s... its changed alot.

The order page says you just twist them on
yea thats what i read too. i can twist a nut on a nail but that doesn't make it stay bc there are no threads. maybe its tapered and the aglet grabs ahold of it. anyways, okay somehow they screw on. i just know on yeezys you lose aglets and they screw on. wonder how long these last or if they are a better idea.

how do the aglets stay on? there are no threads on shoe strings.

The order page says you just twist them on

What Gooze said. But I had to wrap a little tape around the lacetips. They have a couple videos on their Instagram page that show you how to do this.

The aglets won't fit on the lace tips that come with these foams because the pink lace tips makes them a little too thick. I swapped laces with my Cactus foams that I hardly wear.

Last edited:
I definitely feel you, theres too much spotlight on it and everything sells out to people trying to make a buck. I think the South Beach Lebrons set the pace for +1000 being acceptable for resale of a not extremely rare shoe. Hell the first Yeezys were reselling at 600 and that was considered high, fast forward to 3000 being a steal for some red Y2s... its changed alot.

and the sad thing is I think the economy is to blame

so you can make a claim on ebates even when you didnt buy it using the ebates link?  

nah they'll know because you didnt open a ticket before the purchase
i always open a ebates ticket for the sites like half an hour before i know im going to be trying to make a purchase
it's become my online shopping ritual, saves me a bunch of $$$

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom