Nike Foamposite Pro Solar: Released 4/25/14

Learnt about sneaker culture? If you actually knew the culture you would know this type of baffoonary didn't exist years ago, if your size sold out so be it. You say if you can't afford a shoe or afford to pay a higher price? Well what about the person who's size took? Why is it OK for them to pay a higher price just because you lost out on your own size?
I've seen so much baffoonary when it comes to sneakers, now grown men buy kids shoes to flip so they can buy their own. I'm old school, your size sells out.. oh well on to the next. They don't fit.. send them b ask to the store and let someone who will fit cop them.
Yeah back in the day, if you got to the register and your size was sold out, you just turned around and took your @ss home lol. Wasn't none of this cop whatever size is available ***** goin on smh....

Learnt about sneaker culture? If you actually knew the culture you would know this type of baffoonary didn't exist years ago, if your size sold out so be it. You say if you can't afford a shoe or afford to pay a higher price? Well what about the person who's size took? Why is it OK for them to pay a higher price just because you lost out on your own size?
I've seen so much baffoonary when it comes to sneakers, now grown men buy kids shoes to flip so they can buy their own. I'm old school, your size sells out.. oh well on to the next. They don't fit.. send them b ask to the store and let someone who will fit cop them.
Yeah back in the day, if you got to the register and your size was sold out, you just turned around and took your @ss home lol. Wasn't none of this cop whatever size is available ***** goin on smh....
Back in the day there wasn't a huge secondary market for shoes so it wasn't a concern but nowadays you've got grandmas lining up to cop foams to throw on ebay.

Times have changed, adapt.

I finally decided to open my NDC package from saturdays foam release. Did anybody else's foams smell a bit funny? Mines smells pretty bad or different from that new shoe smell. 

I must have been part of a different back in the day because the one I remember meant you would go to the next spot you knew about.

I finally decided to open my NDC package from saturdays foam release. Did anybody else's foams smell a bit funny? Mines smells pretty bad or different from that new shoe smell. 
Mine smell like some serious chemicals lol 

Rep companies are probably trying to figure that out now as we speak 
laugh.gif

Back in the day there wasn't a huge secondary market for shoes so it wasn't a concern but nowadays you've got grandmas lining up to cop foams to throw on ebay.
Times have changed, adapt.
Adapting means you condone what's happening currently, maybe people should grasp some ethics and stop with the nonsense. As this trend gets bigger I wouldn't be surprised if the government considers this as a job and starts taxing on sales of shoes like any other legit buisness, that would end this trend quickly.

they do tax...$20,000 in sales AND 200 transactions in a year, tons of ways to get around it...until these kids gain some buying discipline then the resellers continue and will continue to eat...you don't need them but you want them for whatever reason, just move on if you didn't get them at retail

Last edited:
I must have been part of a different back in the day because the one I remember meant you would go to the next spot you knew about.
bigj505 bigj505 Sneakers weren't hard to buy back then, maybe really limited sneakers would be re-sold but nothing like today's fiasco. Resellers even admit they cause hype and specifically prey on any shoe that has nostalgia or demand, how do you see someone say they want a shoe and turn around and buy the shoe just to sell it to them at a higher price.

Last edited:
they do tax...$20,000 in sales AND 200 transactions in a year, tons of ways to get around it...until these kids gain some buying discipline then the resellers continue and will continue to eat...you don't need them but you want them for whatever reason, just move on if you didn't get them at retail
I never have a problem getting any sneaker for retail, I'm lucky enough to have options in the U.S. and Europe but when I see a fellow shoe enthusiast get raped because he likes a shoe that irks me.

For those that didnt make it to the finish line....

what release was harder? Sat 8am or Fri 7pm?

i succeeded both times and Saturday's release was harder because the server crashed. Friday's release was easier, despite the smaller inventory count

i succeeded both times and Saturday's release was harder because the server crashed. Friday's release was easier, despite the smaller inventory count
Yeah I agree. I was able to get both releases also and Saturday was waaaayy harder. Took me almost 2 hours to check out, I had to re-log back into PayPal 4 times to finally get the purchase through. 

are they going to bring all three yeezy 2 colorways to the foams?  I bet red october foams with GITD red soles would cause mayhem..lol

Last edited:

are they going to bring all three yeezy 2 colorways to the foams?  I bet red october foams with GITD red soles would cause mayhem..lol
roll.gif
.....the internet would explode.  Pure pandemonium.  But I would love to see a "Platinum" inspired foamposite.

Lol at people getting 2 pairs of a shoe and calling themselves "resellers", get real numbers and FSRs then refer to yourself as that. Otherwise just a scrub making $50 profit on a pair of shoes :lol:

And if you just got into shoes 3-4 years ago you have no idea what "back then" was :lol:

Last edited:
Lol at people getting 2 pairs of a shoe and calling themselves "resellers", get real numbers and FSRs then refer to yourself as that. Otherwise just a scrub making $50 profit on a pair of shoes :lol:

Agreed.

It's only that behavior en masse that has an effect on the overall availability of the shoe. So, I find it kind of off the mark when people complain about "resellers" when talking about those people. That's like people complaining about "drug dealers" and having dudes who sell nicks of shwag in mind when they do so.

That said, it's not about how much you make on a pair in the raw number, but rather about the ROI. Making $50 off a $200 shoe is a 25% ROI, for example - and if you flip quickly, that's an incredible rate from a pure investment POV.

I've even had this conversation with friends in finance. I was like you "were like WTF am I doing when I was buying 4 or 5 pairs of OG CW Jordans on discount, when they being retroed in the early 2000s". Nowadays, I just show them the flight club website and laugh, asking them, "How many investments have you made for your clients that were better than $60 Nike Air Infra 6es, or multiple Tiffs within the neighborhood of retail? If you would have advised your clients to do with their investment money what I was doing with my disposable income, you'd be an SVP right now." :lol:

Last edited:
I wasn't able to cop off NDC Cuz it wouldn't take my credit card. And I used my card like 5 min before on finisline. Fml

[thread="579226"]People think I should just leave it for the next man like I know he's gonna wear it? Chances are its gonna be someone looking to flip... No one in here in their right mind can say if they had a chance to grab a pair of red Yeezy 2's two sizes 2 big of 2 small, that they would leave them behind just to let someone that really wanted them have a chance at em. I'm not new to this "culture" but I'm also not a fool, you do what you gotta do to get ahead. In the grand scheme of things it's just shoes, no one is forcing you to pay resale, take the L and keep it moving... Thats what I did on every Yeezy release but I don't lose sleep over it :lol: [/thread]
I would pass but I guess I'm one of them dummies, anyway this convo is done.

Agreed.

It's only that behavior en masse that has an effect on the overall availability of the shoe. So, I find it kind of off the mark when people complain about "resellers" when talking about those people. That's like people complaining about "drug dealers" and having dudes who sell nicks of shwag in mind when they do so.

That said, it's not about how much you make on a pair in the raw number, but rather about the ROI. Making $50 off a $200 shoe is a 25% ROI, for example - and if you flip quickly, that's an incredible rate from a pure investment POV.

I've even had this conversation with friends in finance. I was like you "were like WTF am I doing when I was buying 4 or 5 pairs of OG CW Jordans on discount, when they being retroed in the early 2000s". Nowadays, I just show them the flight club website and laugh, asking them, "How many investments have you made for your clients that were better than $60 Nike Air Infra 6es, or multiple Tiffs within the neighborhood of retail? If you would have advised your clients to do with their investment money what I was doing with my disposable income, you'd be an SVP right now." :lol:

Man I couldn't tell you how many "resellers" I know who camp out for hours to make a $100 profit off a shoe and gloat about it :lol: I just can't help but laugh and then look at the others I know who get FSR's of things and make thousands

I wasn't able to cop off NDC Cuz it wouldn't take my credit card. And I used my card like 5 min before on finisline. Fml
Seems like a lot of people had problems with cards on Nike on Friday.  Seems like the interns working in the Nike IT department fixed the crashing issues but screwed something else up.

Back
Top Bottom