Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

What was the process like? 4 layers of jet black leather dye? Did u prep the flyknit or anything?
prep the flyknit for what? the flyknit is already black/// your only dyeing the finger tabs on the back. i was going to use acetone on the tabs to remove the factory adhesive before i started... because everything is sprayed with that crap...but i said screw it and just dyed it until it was dark.

Last edited:
What was the process like? 4 layers of jet black leather dye? Did u prep the flyknit or anything?
As niketock88 said before, you don`t have to do anything to the flyknit apart from taping the area around the heel tab to prevent spilling of the leather dye. I also didn´t prepare the heel tab and it turned out fine.

I used jet black leather dye twice a day and with every layer the orange disappeared even more, now you don`t see anything at all, just black. I noticed that after so many layers it takes a couple of days to dry completely, my fingers had slight traces of black when I put the shoes on after 2 days but a couple of days later everything`s fine. 

Forsure guys thanks, and I was talking about preping via acetone so the dye sticks faster and doesn't crack in the long run or somthing

ahh sorry i cant see it...iim pretty new with this app..how do you get to that screen/?

EDIT:: ahhh sorry i had to update the app to see that screen! thanks!

Last edited:
It's a little odd you guys are dying the orange black. The point of the orange was A. to differentiate from the HTM B. add a little color/uniqueness to an otherwise pretty plain shoe. Not that it necessarily justifies the msrp but youre essentially paying $200+ for an all black nike free 5.0 that oyu can't resell otherwise. imo the orange doesn't look bad, certainly not enough to go buy dye and stain the shoe to hide it.

It's a little odd you guys are dying the orange black. The point of the orange was A. to differentiate from the HTM B. add a little color/uniqueness to an otherwise pretty plain shoe. Not that it necessarily justifies the msrp but youre essentially paying $200+ for an all black nike free 5.0 that oyu can't resell otherwise. imo the orange doesn't look bad, certainly not enough to go buy dye and stain the shoe to hide it.
EWWWWW this comment is gross LOL.

..alot of people missed out on the HTM ...the point of nike releasing another black mercurial was to give those who didnt get the HTM a chance to cop something similar..nobody wants color on this shoe..they want simple..(look at how successful the HTMS are from the simple black with white midsole)the preview of the shoe was exactly like the HTM for months then all of a sudden they sprung the orange tabs on us wtff..... and WHO THE HECK IS TALKING ABOUT RESELLING????and if you were to resell, why would you modify the shoe in anyway before reselling????please man...stop.this shoe has a cult following..the shoe was on nike for a week with a full size run..everyone who wanted them got them and if you slept well thats tough luck. this not even close to "just another black flyknit"..this shoe is on some other SHHHHHH.

its not like people are trying to fake anyone out pretending they have HTMs...the black tabs just look better and its what we THOUGHT we were going to get. im schleep cuz really 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom