Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

I’m aware. Adidas seems to be scrambling to buy up all the licensing agreements lately, but the adidas collabs are usually pretty weak and uninspired imho. Nike is more likely to do “inspired by” colorways so they don’t have to pay for the ip
Adidas is more like weak and overinspired. I remember the Marvel collabs were so over-the-top with Stark Industries logos and Captain America's shield on top that were kinda cringe. The only good collab to come out was the Black Panther Dame 5.

Adidas is more like weak and overinspired. I remember the Marvel collabs were so over-the-top with Stark Industries logos and Captain America's shield on top that were kinda cringe. The only good collab to come out was the Black Panther Dame 5.
I disagree. though the shoes could have a little bit have more aesthetic and material upgrade to go along with the collab. for me, the D.O.Ns could have really been awesome if they used some better materials. the Nick Fury, better tech or cushion upgrade, Thor's aesthetics, and Captain America seems fine but could have been improved more in terms of functionality. I don't care if they have to raise the price since they are pretty much affordable compared to the overrated and poorly inspired so-called Jordan 1 Spiderman.

Casually these have no appeal to me but I’m excited to try these on court. These would be a strictly court shoe.
I was thinking the same, as far as casual wear appeal. But then I saw the pics of the last two colorways posted and start to think otherwise. My overall feeling is though they are dope, they are definitely more prepped to be a performance beast, and it would be a shame to not wear them on court.....

shame on me then, lol

Looks like they're releasing next month according to the DSG calendar:

1619027759272.png

the Zions could have used the aesthetic treatment as these considering the cushion tech seems to be close. I guess I'll be having these rather than the Zions.

I picked up a pair early from EBay and here are my initial thoughts. Traction seems very good and has a nice bite but need more time to see how they deal with dust and durability. Definitely feels like a Kobe in many ways. React cushioning gives a comfortable feel but kind of makes the Zoom strobel a little muted. I kind of hope the react compresses a little bit and then the Zoom becomes more noticeable. The react insole is a little rubbery so my socks get stuck on the ridges in the forefoot and makes my sock bunch up when I put them on initially. I have to really unlace them and pull my sock tight as I put my foot in so my sock doesn’t feel all bunched and weird under my foot. The neoprene tongue feels really nice and helps the entire upper feel like it is wrapped around my foot. I went up half a size because I have some MTP osteoarthritis on my right foot and I get serious pain if the top of the toe box is too low and I don’t have a little room above my toes and they are a perfect fit. Overall they have met my expectations and I am curious if the react will bottom out quickly and if so how that will change how they feel, if at all.

I picked up a pair early from EBay and here are my initial thoughts. Traction seems very good and has a nice bite but need more time to see how they deal with dust and durability. Definitely feels like a Kobe in many ways. React cushioning gives a comfortable feel but kind of makes the Zoom strobel a little muted. I kind of hope the react compresses a little bit and then the Zoom becomes more noticeable. The react insole is a little rubbery so my socks get stuck on the ridges in the forefoot and makes my sock bunch up when I put them on initially. I have to really unlace them and pull my sock tight as I put my foot in so my sock doesn’t feel all bunched and weird under my foot. The neoprene tongue feels really nice and helps the entire upper feel like it is wrapped around my foot. I went up half a size because I have some MTP osteoarthritis on my right foot and I get serious pain if the top of the toe box is too low and I don’t have a little room above my toes and they are a perfect fit. Overall they have met my expectations and I am curious if the react will bottom out quickly and if so how that will change how they feel, if at all.
thank you for your input. I would guess the React cushion would bottom out eventually. I can imagine that they would feel much better once they are broken in and enter a Phase 2 type of comfort like some shoes do. I'm waiting for the GT Jump. if they are available on eBay, I'd snag them immediately.

Anyone else have in hand? Wanting these as my weekly hoop run just started back up again. Any chance they surprise release on Nike today 5/1?

I got the white pair from overseas, will be here for my games week after this one and will post some comments. Currently playing in Cosmic. Looking for a bit less bulk. Believe the black releases 5/13 or 5/14.

Edit: VERY optimistic on these with just a quick try on. Went with size 10 (9.5 in Cosmic, 10 in Kobe 5/6 Protros most recently). Someone mentioned about your socks bunching a bit when getting them on which is also true for me, should work itself out easily though. More to come after some games.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hope Nike comes out with some more info about these soon since they are supposed to come out next week, though it's probably more likely they got hit with the pushedback bug like everything else these days.

Hope Nike comes out with some more info about these soon since they are supposed to come out next week, though it's probably more likely they got hit with the pushedback bug like everything else these days.

Me too. I’m frankly frustrated at the delays.

Maybe it’s just me but these have some Kobe vibes to them. The cut version at least

I can't help but feel like this would have been the next iteration in the Kobe line if negotiations between the Swoosh and Bean's estate hadn't broken down. Judging by the technology and the fact that the first two Nike athletes featured in the marketing are Sabrina Ionescu and Da'Aaron Fox (both major Kobe endorsers), it just fits.

I can't help but feel like this would have been the next iteration in the Kobe line if negotiations between the Swoosh and Bean's estate hadn't broken down. Judging by the technology and the fact that the first two Nike athletes featured in the marketing are Sabrina Ionescu and Da'Aaron Fox (both major Kobe endorsers), it just fits.
True. Kinda like what they did with the all over fly weave shoe (forgot what they were called). They had different versions of that too just like these

that would be great since it would get the heat off these performance shoes from scalpers and resellers. no big name endorser means these would be readily available everywhere.

Still waiting on that RD. Promised to buy my nephew some shoes to hoop in as his grad present.

Like everything about this shoe except the price tag and the colorways that have leaked so far. Guess I’ll be waiting for a while before copping a pair 😂

Back
Top Bottom